Genealogy,

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
Elsa-mary
Andalucia.com Amigo

Genealogy,

Postby Elsa-mary » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:10 pm

Hello,
Happy St David's day. :)
Stupid question no doubt,BUT does anyone have full access to Ancestry,and would they do look up for me?
Have started doing Family Tree :roll:

And need a couple of things looked up.
Adios
Elsa-Mary

scarlet
Resident

Postby scarlet » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:27 pm

Hi, I have full access to ancestery.com and find my past, let me know what you want and Ill look it up for you. I am searching my mothers family who appear to be polish, hungarian and russian, so my search in the uk has hit a brick wall, have to look abroad now.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:56 am

Most of the stuff on Ancestry.com is available for free. Have a wander around. There is also Genes re-united and Genuki. I have been doing my family for years (on and off). I have only got back to the 1700's too. Be very careful and honest with yourself as I have met many who attach themselves to ancestors that they would like to have without proper research. :wink:

Elsa-mary
Andalucia.com Amigo

Genealogy

Postby Elsa-mary » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:35 pm

Hi Scarlett and Katy.
Sorry took so long to reply,fell yesterday morning in Garden and wrenched my right wrist,has been very painful :(

Stil,it's a little better now.
Scarlett,Yes Please,I would like to find Death of Jane Fleming,
1st wife of Peter Lunt, I know she gave birth to their son John on 16 Jan 1862( I have birth cert)

But the next time I trace Peter1871,his wife is now Mary Ann,which has led me to believe she( Jane) died and he remarried.

I would also like to find the marriage of Peter and Mary Ann,with the limated use of Ancestry I CAN GET,it does give me Page and vol numbers which is required for getting BMD certs.

All these are in Liverpool area, usually West Derby/ Sephton/Everton.
Peter himself was born in Litherland,/Sephton if any help to you.

Did you say it was Ancestry.com,or Ancestry.co. uk?

I am a member of GR, and thro them found 3 brothers of my Fathers second marriage,and it can be useful.

This genealogy lark becomes quite costly,as to get further back each time one has to buy BMD certs, and you do not realise how many WRONG UNS you get,but it happens to even the most expert!!

I wish I could afford to pay all the subs required to all the sites I need to further my research,but I only receive the British Pension, hoping to win lottery :roll: then will be able to afford this Hobby of mine

Thank you
Elsa-Mary

scarlet
Resident

Postby scarlet » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:17 pm

ELSA MARY. I shall start looking tonight, I have found lots of lost friends and family for other people. strange that many people had paupers buriels, I recently had to find my cousin who I was close to when young, as he was part of a will I was also in, I just tapped his name on the internet and it came up on the first page, he sadly died in 1998, in london, wasnt found for 3 weeks, and was given a paupers buriel, very sad, we visited the graveyard, had to go where all these kind of buriels were, 3 to a grave, no names, even his wooden marker had blew away,
there was a strange couple sitting in there car eating their sandwiches, while their dog ran around peeing on the graves, altogether a strange experience.
speak to you tommorow. :lol:

scarlet
Resident

Postby scarlet » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:18 pm

ELSA MARY.
You say you have a birth cert for jane lemings son can you tell me whats on it.

Elsa-mary
Andalucia.com Amigo

Ancestry

Postby Elsa-mary » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:38 pm

Many Thanks Scarlet,
It's amazing what you can discover nowadays about your ancestors and freinds.

Very sad for you to learn that your cousin in paupers grave,but at least toy found him!

I didn't realise that they still call them paupers graves.

I do appreciate you taking time out to do this for me.

I must admit that initially I started only to find my Father,and Grandparents, I last seen them when I was about 4 years old in N Ireland.
Once I found my Father,(deceased) it gave my Grandfathers name, and I wanted to know where he and my Grandmother were buried,but difficult to find any information from Ulster,although I have reason to believe my Grandmother died about 1956,still cannot find where in Co Down they buried.

I was able to go last year to Bhead and see where my father was born,and over to Liverpool to see the homes that he and his parents had lived in,that was great.

I think I said previosuly that I have followed the family back to 1898.
What had been a great help to me was remembering that the family had been Soap Manufacturers,and that helped sift out a lot of other Lunts with same christian names.

I remember my Mother telling me many years ago that I was related to Lever Bros,I have not been able to find that out,although whilst I was in Wales last year, my OH seen a Bargain Hunt,with Tim Wonnacot in Port Sunlight,in the section where Tim goes to visit some interesting place, he talked about the connection of Lever and Lunt,and how they had had some dispute,and the Lunts moved to Ireland.

I contacted bbc,and asked if I could buy that particular programme a few times, but no reply!!.Also contacted Tim Wonnacot,but his office forwarded my email to bbc,so no joy. :cry:

Also discovered that Grandfathers sisters had gone to America,so there's another trail to follow :roll:

Many Thanks
Elsa-Mary

Many Thank

ron
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ron » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:49 pm

Elsa
I'm from Liverpool and Sephton really had me confused. I think you mean Sefton it's near to Netherton and Litherland but miles from West Derby and Everton :evil: :twisted: is in between.

scarlet
Resident

Postby scarlet » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:33 pm

ELSA MARY. dont know if this is right,
Jane fleming - aged 48 - born 1813 in glasgow,lived 3 court, ray st, liverpool
6 children and was a widow.
she had a boarder called peter lunt aged 29, born litherland

peter lunt and mary ann lunt were the younger peter lunts parents,
on the census was a child called john lunt - their grandson aged 12 they lived
kelston square, givespyr.he lived with his grandparents.

It is also possible that 1871 jane fleming was in a workhouse in gateshead
aged 58.
There are quite a few john munts born in 1862, and they dont put the mothers name so this lead is difficult. and is possibly not connected.

tell me whats on the birth cert you have.

will carry on tommorow as my brain has scrambled, :?

Elsa-mary
Andalucia.com Amigo

genealogy

Postby Elsa-mary » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:50 am

Hi Ron,
Yes :) you are right about Sefton,I think I spelt it as seen on some old documents.

Right again about distances between Litherland and all others,I mentioned all those places as my relatives on various cesus from 1841-1901 lived in those areas,and it was to assist Scarlet in the look-up she is kindly doing for me on Ancestry,

When you do searches of BMD,or Census it states sometimes born Litherland,other times Sefton(Sephton),I beleive it has to do with Parish.

Scarlet,
Yes My Peter was lodger wth Flemings, and appears to have married Fleming Daughter Jane aged 23, it's her Marriage and Death date I am after.

Also the Marriage of Peter Lunt to Mary A,(not sure but think her surname Morris) about 1865/6.

What I need most of all is page and vol numbers eg: 8b 123

Very interesting,about Elder Jane coming from Glasgow,as on Maternal side(N Ireland) family came from there,different name of course.

I know what you mean about scrambled brains :lol: ,after searching

Thanks
Elsa-Mary

Elsa-mary
Andalucia.com Amigo

Genealogy

Postby Elsa-mary » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:00 am

Sorry Scarlet,
My brain is scrambled 8) :oops: ,forgot to give you details of BIRTH CERT FOR
JOHN LUNT born 16 Jan 1862 at 3 COURT RAY ST Liverpool

Father Peter Lunt Soap Boiler
Mother Jane Lunt previously FLEMING

Registered 4 Feb 1862.

Now as they were single on 1861 Cencus,seems they married shortly after, as they seem to be cutting it fine on John's birth :lol:

Elsa-Mary

Campo Kenny

Postby Campo Kenny » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:35 am

I'm always amazed and and so impressed with people who have success tracing their roots...wish I had the patience to have a go. Good luck with it Elsa.

Just to coming back to what Ron said. I too was born and bred in Liverpool and Sefton is one of those places that really isn't a place. It's sort of an area encompassing quite a few places, as Ron said, Litherland etc., but also Maghull, Ince Blundell, Crosby, Bootle and as far up as Southport.

Bit like Knowlsley in Liverpool which although a name in itself (but not actually a town etc, it was a little village once.) takes in quite a few places i.e. Kirkby, Huyton etc..
May be worth searching a few of the places I've mentioned that are often termed as being Sefton.

Kenny

scarlet
Resident

Postby scarlet » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:26 pm

ELSA MARY.
i have found a peter lunt who married mary ann morris in 1866 in w. derby
number is 8b 489
they had sons - john - james - henry and daughter mary ann

cannot find any marriage for jane fleming to peter lunt

have found peter lunt married to jane lunt, but he died in 1859

am still checking

scarlet
Resident

Postby scarlet » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:03 pm

there is a death of jane lunt in liverpool in march 1863 number 8b198

so many of the same name. I am lucky I am searching a strange name

Mary ann came from ireland.

still looking, need a break. back later

scarlet
Resident

Postby scarlet » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:07 pm

ELSA MARIE.
SUMMARY.

Peter lunt married Jane fleming *cant find details,maybe they did not marry*
John lunt was born 1862
Jane lunt died march 1863 ref 8b198
Peter lunt went on to marry Mary Ann beginning of 1866 in west derby
They went on to have 3 children james - mary ann - henry and stepson john. marriage ref. 8b489

will still search for the 1st marriage. :)

Elsa-mary
Andalucia.com Amigo

Genealogy

Postby Elsa-mary » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:36 pm

Scarlet you are A STAR : :)

Death of Jane Lunt,exactly what I was looking for 8) I think, although I have been told, there are 6 deaths for a Jane Lunt between 1863-1865,so I know how mind bending it is for you!!!!!!!!

When I couldn't sleep last night,pain from wrist!!!
I tried the free BMD for Liverpool,re This Marriage of Mary A from Ireland to Peter Lunt, this is what I found,

Prter Lunt to Mary A ( Morris) 1866 REG OFFICE EVERTON
ST AUGUSTINE, but no ref no,I would if you would be so kind, like you to check this out,and give ref, so I can order the certs.

If you found all these Jane's would you mind pm ing me with all of them?
Bless You
Elsa-Mary

scarlet
Resident

Postby scarlet » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:09 pm

can only find one marriage match, and that is the 1866 in w derby and she also came from ireland 8b 489
there is 8 other mary anns but not in the liverpool area.

loads of jane lunt deaths
1863 w. derby 8b 349
1863 whitchurch 6a 501
1864 w. derby 8b 460
1864 w. derby 8b 574
1864 liverpool 8b 112
1864 chorlton 8c 325
1865 preston 8c 346
1865 liverpool 8b 103
1865 conway 11b 418