Serveing Drinks in Spain (Resturant )

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
rymanskid
Andalucia.com Amigo

Serveing Drinks in Spain (Resturant )

Postby rymanskid » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:58 am

Does anyone know what the legal age is for serveing drinks in a resturant in Spain ,, I have a friend who wants to employ a person but they are just under 18 ,, ??
Better flat broke in first class then hard up in second class

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:35 pm

legally.. they have to be over 18.

"we" employed someone who was 14 .. but there were rules. she could take the money, but never out of the hand, it had to be off the bar.. and she put the change on the bar.

very strange, but it worked.. the guardia came in a few times while she was there and were served by her... as long as she adhered to the rules she was ok.

it IS possible, but not recomended.

do you need someone to work in a bar in fuegerola? i've 10 years experience in bars / restuarants and live 20min from fuengerola...
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

Retro P
Resident

Postby Retro P » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:11 pm

I wouldn't recommend employing a girl under 18 in a bar, what's gonna happen when an aggressive drunk comes in and starts to cause trouble, you pay bananas you only get monkeys!
Ah! the full english!!

ICCSL
Andalucia.com Amigo

Bars

Postby ICCSL » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:56 pm

I have a bar and we regularly get asked by Brits and Spanish alike if their children (14 - 17) can work in the bar during the summer. It is a good way of improving your Spanish if you are Brit and vice versa for the Spanish but I have to say that we wouldn't risk it. It depends where the bar is also. If you have a lot of British customers then it is always likely to be a Brit who grasses you up.

However if the person is nearly 18 the most that would be likely to happen if found out, would be a slap on the wrists.
Tina

maddy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby maddy » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:43 pm

Retro P wrote:I wouldn't recommend employing a girl under 18 in a bar, what's gonna happen when an aggressive drunk comes in and starts to cause trouble, you pay bananas you only get monkeys!
you obviously dont know 16/17 year old girls these days! In this day and age, they give as good as they get, they are not all meek and mild like they were in your day, you know. :roll:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:16 pm

There is a bar in San Julian near the airport and what looks like a ten year old sometimes serves the tables!