Cost of Pet Cremation

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
Alan-LaCala
Resident

Cost of Pet Cremation

Postby Alan-LaCala » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:37 am

Following on from the other thread on this, I promised to post what it cost us to have Storm cremated.

We got his ashes last week in a beautiful urn, and the total cost was 105 Euros; a lot more than the 40 Euros quoted by others but still good value in my view. (he was 42 Kg.)

Our vet sent them to a place called Paraíso in Alhaurin de la Torre.

Alan
Remember that everything that Fred Astaire did, Ginger Rogers did too; except she did it backwards and wearing high heels!

pmb
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pmb » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:01 pm

Just for comparison my ex-partner had 'our' dog put down on wednesday. She weighed a third of yours and it cost 49 pound for the needle (amount depends on weight of dog) and a further 90 for the cremation and ashes which should take a week to be returned.

katie
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby katie » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:30 pm

My thoughts to both of you on the sad loss of your pets. We are taking our dog when we move to Spain and he is getting on a bit and I did wonder what we would do when he died re. cremation etc

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:12 am

my dogs cremation cost €40.00 .perhaps i didnt have to pay for him to be put down as the pet shop paid for all his vets fees throught his life.
I wouldve much rather have paid what you did alan,as my dog came back in a horrible ceramic red and white kitchen urn.I now have to find a suitable box and transfer his ashes into there(which im not looking forward to doing)
Im glad you have your dog back now,and he is back where he belongs at peace with his family.
I hope you are all o.k.
regards,Peachxxx