go home -go anywhere,Just stop whining!

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
princess peach
Andalucia Guru

go home -go anywhere,Just stop whining!

Postby princess peach » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:42 pm

Im fed up with all this.
while i realise that we all have general "living in Spain" problems,and no where is 100% perfectwe all have good weeks and bad months..,why do people stay here if things are so terrible permanently??
I own property-If things were that bad in Spain ,i would go home or go somewhere else.I would rent out my property and leave.
Why are these whingers still here?
whining and groaning constantly-spewing all their "life threatening" problems on a British/Spanish A.com forum especially for expats living in spain???
If i hated it so much i wouldnt want to have anything to do with spain...I dont understand these people. :roll:
so negative :roll: It really does put newcomers off.
either put up or shut the hell up!

frog
Resident

Postby frog » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:08 pm

is that a dig at me!!!!

sorry princess,couldnt resist :D
jayne countys most famous song,google it

Cassandra
Resident

Postby Cassandra » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:18 pm

Maybe if people are that easily put off it's a good thing!

Those that have the determination to make a go of things here, or at least give it a good go, will not be put off but will take on board the pitfalls and know how to avoid or minimise them.

It's not always the 'whingers' as you put it that are turning the threads nasty either. Frog started a tongue in cheek 'things I love' thread, you only had to read it to see it was meant to be flippant. Either that or I'm an insensitive B***h :oops: but one of the 'lifes all rosy' types took the hump and turned it into an argument.

I'm moving to Scotland but I'm not whingeing about it, it's my choice and my business why but I've, mostly, enjoyed my belated gap year or 3 and now I'm getting on with what I want to do. If I choose to tell people on here or ask specific questions, some answered, some not, why does that make me a whinger? Are you only allowed to ask questions before you move here in the first place?

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:26 pm

I too took Frog's post as being tongue in the cheek! If you see a thread "I hate Spain" and it offends you, just don't join in. If it puts more Brits off coming to Spain...good :wink:

Paula
Andalucia Guru

Postby Paula » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:35 pm

There are few that constantly whinge, I haven't noticed them anyway.
There are actually probably more people that berate others for giving their view if it suggests that there are any problems.
If I were just about to move here and joined a forum that stated everything was perfect I would be wondering what the members were on!! :lol: I think people generally want a balanced view warts and all, when they are planning or considering a move.
As for the odd constant whinger, its easy to ignore.

mirandamac
Resident

Postby mirandamac » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:58 pm

Paula wrote: If I were just about to move here and joined a forum that stated everything was perfect I would be wondering what the members were on!! :lol: I think people generally want a balanced view warts and all, when they are planning or considering a move.
This is one of the points I was making on another thread. But it's more about the way it's said - blaming the Spanish & Spain rather than an individual's view of the situation. I need to hear to hear the positive and negatives, no problem. But when I or others have asked questions, instead of simple answers, there is often mockery, personal abuse etc. I do agree to that if any of us planning a move is put off by some of the comments, that's good. If we're put off that easily we definitely shouldn't be coming!
But I'll take this opportunity to thank those that have give useful info - even if it wasn't what I hoped to hear. No point in asking questions if you can't accept honest answers and remembering that everyones view will be different. What is good for one is a nightmare for someone else.

Paula
Andalucia Guru

Postby Paula » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:21 pm

There has been a bit of abuse flying around of late, again fom a minority. In most cases you should find a lot of help on here in general stuff, and of course we have the experts like Beach & El Cid for the more complicated stuff!
Ignore the abuse, there will always be someone more helpful to answer your questions.
Good luck with the planning!

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:33 pm

negative and positive info is all good for everyone :D
Its the constant moaners that im beginning to be totally bored of.
Of course we all live in different parts of spain,and have different views as to the areas we live in, i consider myself to live in one of the not so nice rougher areas of spain(although i do like it where i live(its not rough)I dont have much of a choice as my hubbys work keeps us around this area.
I have never ever come across any nastiness whatsoever towards any of my family and i have lived here for 5 years come Oct.
We are a family unit-always together ,dont go out boozing and see no need to give anyone hassle.To be more to the point,i have had some horrible experiences here,getting done by lawyers and getting jabbed by a hypodermic needle(in the undergrowth)amongst other things..-all of which could have happened anywhere including UK.I love this place,good or bad times..its pros far outway the cons.. :wink:

as for you frog:
is that a dig at me
hahahaha...very funny....you know the score... :wink: :lol: :lol:

mirandamac
Resident

Postby mirandamac » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:02 pm

Thanks Paula, and P Peach. Yes, I do now ignore the abuse but do think twice before asking questions!

annie_d
Resident

Postby annie_d » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:35 pm

Ditto
anyway, anyway, love from me.

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:56 pm

I too am sick of it all,and like you both think twice before replying to most of it-or i write it out and then decide its best if i dont post it.
sometimes i have lots of things i want to post -questions and just general posts,but again dont bother because the usual suspect starts.everyone used to have a good laugh on here and its all turned rather sinister.The same old culprit all the time.Im bored of this poster and the drivel it spouts-this forum isnt just a one "man" band its for everyone,and its continually being chucked at every post at how bad it is here,and how it hates spain....wears a little thin after a while. :roll:

scarlet
Resident

Postby scarlet » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:23 pm

PEACH. have you read your vile postings, do you remember doing them.
go and read your attack against Raquel, and me.

MiriamO
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby MiriamO » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:39 pm

I seem to remember there was a forum connected to Sur where people who had nothing better to do than write illiterate and badly punctuated insults tended to hang out. Surely there are a few who would be much happier there? I can´t imagine why people are apparently not entitled to discuss their complaints about aspects of being in Spain on this forum without being insulted. Anyone who has nothing to complain about or comment upon must be walking around with their eyes tightly shut. And anyone who wants to deny the complainers that right should remember there are countries out there where free speech is not allowed. Fortunately, Spain and the UK are not two of them.

.Griff.
Resident

Postby .Griff. » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:45 am

princess peach the phrase "I wouldn't waste your breath" comes to mind.

I find this forum an invaluable source of resource and for the most part all the members are extremely friendly. Unfortunately wherever you go in life, forum or real world, there's some people with a perpetual chip on their shoulder and they simply can't resist being negative and thrusting it upon everyone else.

I'd simply try and rise above it and ignore them. They'll be on another forum sooner or later moaning and whinging how bad Skegness is or how the world has dealt them a bad hand.

Some people make the best of things in life, try and look on the positive side and give off an optimistic persona. Others probably worship Victor Meldrew like a real life saint :(

Troglodyfae
Resident

Postby Troglodyfae » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:05 am

I think those who feel the need to express how fed up they are with Spain, should be allowed to get it off their chest. I for one do not share their specific experiences, but most certainly do have some of my own that I could moan about, if I was not too busy getting on with my life.

Treat the moans and grumbles about Spain as you would the moans and grumbles from those of us who are having a 'bad hair day'. The remedy is to sort it out, or take action so that those moans and grumbles are negated.

Trust me some days I could whinge for England, Europe and the rest of the world, but frankly what is the point, other than to get it off your chest.

If this world of ours were perfect, what a boring old place it would be. I guess we all really just swap good and bad from place to place, and to find somewhere most idyllic is really a dream just too far out of reach.

For me I am just happy to have health, family, a reasonably good climate (it has to be said that Spain is kind of letting the side down a bit of late), not a bad standard of living, and slightly less stress than I had in the UK.

PP let them get it off their chest honey, just don't read if it is hacking you off, it is called selective choice, bit like the TV....lol :wink:

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:48 am

trog you stated that some days you could whinge for days.....well thats just it..DAYS :wink: -certain members are whining 24/7/365 days.constant. :roll:
I have totally "off" weeks as we all do,I wouldnt whine permanently,especailly on a forum when people can get the totally wrong impression of you.But these negative posts and constant slagging off of other decent members on here is really taking its toll.
Griff-i do agree with you and try not to waste my breath :wink: ..however when you stated "perpetual chip"i think you meant a whole *beep* sack of king edwards! :lol: :lol: :lol:

mirandamac
Resident

Postby mirandamac » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:47 am

It's been said a few times - even I've said it: no-one minds the moans. Like Griff said, most of us have days when things go wrong and we could have a good moan. It's the descent into childish abuse etc that spoil it all. Again, like Griff, I've found some really helpful information on the forum and hope that continues.
Never mind Skegness Griff - maybe I should start a forum to have a moan about York!

MarkF
Resident

Postby MarkF » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:52 pm

.Griff. wrote:Unfortunately wherever you go in life, forum or real world, there's some people with a perpetual chip on their shoulder and they simply can't resist being negative and thrusting it upon everyone else.
Oh so true! and it is always somebody else's fault. I have known a few professional whingers in my time and can guarantee you one thing, they never ever change, disgruntled till the day they pop their clogs. :lol:

Cassandra
Resident

Postby Cassandra » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:01 pm

Ah but if you always look on the black side then things can only get better so maybe the pessimists get a better deal in the end :wink:

scarlet
Resident

Postby scarlet » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:10 pm

are the people on here all adults. :roll: