wasps

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
donna bagnall
Andalucia.com Amigo

wasps

Postby donna bagnall » Sat May 03, 2008 9:22 am

any ideas of how we can reduce the amount of wasps that gather around the pool area. Have tried some sort of granules from pol shop in torre, helped a little, also put orange juice and raw chicken in a bee hive shaped jar which was pretty good. Last year the grand children could not use the pool at certain times as there were too many waps buzzing about and on occasions stining them. any advice would be helpful
thanks
Donna,
by the way property is in the campo

Beryl1914
Andalucia.com Amigo

Wasps

Postby Beryl1914 » Wed May 07, 2008 6:27 pm

Donna we have the same problem with the grapes on the patio.
I am going to try lots of lavender, however for you I don't know what you could try. I did see an add in coopers and they say they sell thousands in America.

Nicks
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Nicks » Wed May 07, 2008 9:23 pm

We bought a pool anti-wasp spray from Eroski, kept where the pool accessories are in the Eroski in Malaga- think it was called Vispa. Spray around pool area and on the sides of the pool near the surface a couple of times a week and this sorted the wasps out. Was fine for the kids to swim, just do the spraying when the kids have gone to bed! We had the same problem with an influx of wasps in the pool area, but after using this spray we were down to a max of 6 wasps in the pool area.