abandon

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
joesy
Tourist

Postby joesy » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:09 pm

im not bothering to justify my self on this site iv enough to worry about with out you people ,it ends here ,i thank the genuine remarks from civilised people that took the time to think befor they spoke ,i wish you all well

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:40 pm

I am guessing that it is the local council who have refused any housing help to you? Have you tried a local Housing ASsociation in UK? Or charities related to your daughter´s special needs? I know someone who has just been housed by a housing association in UK despite still owning, outright, a house in spain that they are unable to live in for health reasons..........not being able to feed yourself or get relevant help for you daughter seems to meet the criteria for special case to me.

I was married once to a man that everyone on the outside thought was wonderful but behind closed doors he was a pathetic and sometimes violent bully........so I understand your sense of isolation and frustration........but your priority has to be to find accomm, it may take a few months and you may need to be on a waiting slit but I think housing associations are your bet bet, councils have nothing to offer right now......

Good luck

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:41 pm

PS - Whoever told you your husband´s debts are quoshed if he lives away from the UK for 5 years? It sounds like optimistic inaccurate rubbish to me.........

Coin Boy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Coin Boy » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:56 pm

Isn't it the case that someone with children who arrives in the country and is homeless contacts Social Services whilst they are still at the airport and they are provided with temporary accommodation providing that they are genuine?

A problem could occur if the SS viewed the person making themselves intentionally homeless in which case there would be no provision as far as I know. In that case, I don't know whether a question would be asked about the appropriateness of taking the children into care.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:34 am

Coin Boy wrote:..... the person making themselves intentionally homeless ........
But is she making HERSELF homeless?
She doesn't have a house in the UK.
The house she lives in in Spain belongs(??) to her husband who has deserted her.
The mortgage isn't being paid so it is likely to be repossesed?

Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

campo babe
Resident

Postby campo babe » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:41 am

Jool, I think as far as the debts are concerned, if the relevant companies can't find her husband in five years, and have no contact with him, and he has no contact with them, then they cannot do anything about the debts.

Troglodyfae
Resident

Postby Troglodyfae » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:48 am

I think if I were in your situation Josey I would be contacting the Embassy/Consulate and asking them for advice. It might be possible for them to repatriate both your daughter and yourself. You would have to pay back the cost of this, over time, and I do not think that they would do this is every case. At least via this route they would liaise with the appropriate authorities in the UK and accommodation would be arranged for you back in the UK.

Would it then also be possible to rent your house here in Spain to give you some income, whilst you get yourself organised and settled back in the UK?

Certainly worth a try, nothing ventured, nothing gained. The worst that could happen is the embassy/consulate saying they cannot help you.

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:28 am

Whether or not this person is genuine or not, I personally would not like to judge, I would rather try if I could to offer advice and comfort...
I think it is treading on dangerous ground to start to doubt and ridicule someone who could already be 'on the edge'.
And if it turned out to be a hoax posting, well what the hell...at least it highlights the plight that could and does happen to some unfortunate people.

Regards,
Gordon

Babby
Resident

Postby Babby » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:24 am

I feel sorry for you and wish you the best. Some things you said are not quite clear - the house in the UK has a mortgage or your house here? Surely if a bank will repossess the house if mortgage payments are not kept up. Bobadilla is a small place - why not go and look for him?
I used to be indecisive but now I´m not so sure.

Ursula
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Ursula » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:34 am

Would his name be Ken by any chance? If it is I have heard a completely different story :wink:

mantequilla
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby mantequilla » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:36 pm

oooh... this could get interesting! Ringside seats now being sold 8)

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:57 pm

Well this feels like a telenovela now....and I would hate that if I was in poor joesy´s shoes........and to personalise it by naming names of the possible other party seems provocative to me, seems like Coronation Street or Eastenders of our own.........

There has been some good advice here so please do let us how how you are getting on Joesy and don´t be beaten down, you can find a better life........but it will be very tough for a while

joesy
Tourist

Postby joesy » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:49 am

thank you jools for the understanding,i have been contacted by a lot of people on this site through PM with a lot of usefull information all this has been past to the relevent sources and i thank them , i am now waiting for the outcome ,going on this site has made my life very public but if i have made his next victim aware it was worth it.

mantequilla
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby mantequilla » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:23 pm

Joesy I am really pleased that this forum has helped you - good luck in catching him. Please keep us updated.

ICCSL
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: abandon

Postby ICCSL » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:57 pm

I think we have all lost the simplicity in this. She knows where her husband is and also that he is earning good money. Presumably this means she knows who he works for. Even if she doesn't by knowing where he is all she has to do is go into court and get a maintenance order. The court will provide a solicitor free of charge and an interpreter. It would seem, if there is a mortgage, that she and her husband own the house, he is therefore responsible to pay half the mortgage. Give his address to the bank, explain the situation and go to a court today !!!!!
Tina

mantequilla
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: abandon

Postby mantequilla » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:46 am

Any update on this?