Do you sunbathe?

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:48 pm

Very happy to be pale (well light tan) and without skin cancer than brown and with skin cancer.
Try telling my friend who is going through skin cancer treatment that it is better to be tanned and not use suncream :shock: We just have to face the facts- some folk are just not meant to be tanned and are more prone to skin cancers. I would like to be a nice bronzed colour, but that isn´t going to happen with or without suncream- some of us just do not tan :cry:
My Spanish neighbour and her sister are the opposit end of the brown shade colour- one is very tanned and the other sister does not tan at all- same parents- just different shades of tanning.

maddy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby maddy » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:52 pm

annie.i prefer to think of it as litely toasted skin than burned but yes you are right.i just love being brown and i tan so easely even in winter.i dont lay in it but am outside loads so just catch it naturely.

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:35 pm

Hubby goes a lovely shade of red- like he´s been dipped in red paint- so he´s got to use a high factor. I´ve been sunburnt too many times now to go without suncream :(
A lady I used to work with used olive oil or butter instead of suncream- she had a lovely suntan and hardly any wrinkles too :shock: And she is well into her 70´s now. Guess she has good genes.