what do you do here

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
starlet
Tourist

what do you do here

Postby starlet » Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:13 pm

What do you all find to do here when its throwing it down with rain.
Im stuck in the middle of nowhere with limited access to my mates comp
im fed up and thinkign about maybe returnign home.dont you all get bored thru the winter its driving me spare

costagirl
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: what do you do here

Postby costagirl » Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:39 pm

hiya starlet.

Have to say I never get bored over here. I love the summer time and winter also. Today is not so nice here but I will try to get out later for a walk and maybe a coffee somewhere.

There is so much to do over here in my opinion.

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:40 pm

We still have the DVD´s given to us last Christmas to watch- I saved them for the rainy spell after Christmas and it didn´t arrive!
As we are rural there isn´t much to do in the way of bars etc within walking distance, so we tend to read, watch tv (probably too much tv) and at the moment I am busy knitting a fluffy scarf for my pals Christmas. If it is dry enough and the ground not too waterlogged it is good to get out and walk the dogs.
Oh, and we drink lots of cups of tea :D

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:47 pm

At least it only throws it down a few days in the year here. It happens virtually every other day in the UK, doesn't it?
Let's go Brandon!

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:59 pm

We went for a yummy Carvery. Looking for a break in the rain to take the dogs out, they are bored too. Never sit in bars, that would bore me out of my mind. If you are in Amigos there is always the Word thread :roll: :lol:

I feel sorry for the people who are on holiday and may have been saving all year.

dido72
Resident

Postby dido72 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:02 pm

We have somebody here on holiday at the moment and it's his first time abroad :( .

I don't get time to get bored and a rainy day is the same as any other here, kids still go to school, I still work and the house won't clean itself whatever the weather :lol: It is just normal life so the weather doesn't make much difference to me.

mirandamac
Resident

Postby mirandamac » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:44 pm

Beachcomber wrote:At least it only throws it down a few days in the year here. It happens virtually every other day in the UK, doesn't it?
Exactly! I'd have thought you'd be so pleased to see some water you'd all be out dancing in it! If I got a bit bored when it rained I'd be bored most of the time here. Luckily I don't have time to be bored at the moment. We just try to make the most of the few dry days we have.

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:48 pm

Well today as it was wet I thought I would finally get around to picking the peppers, I didn´t think there were that many fruits on the plants............ wrong :D So I´ve roasted, peeled and bottled 4kg peppers...............now peeling peppers, that is BORING :( :lol: but they do taste good :D

Anntonio
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Anntonio » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:25 pm

Hi starlet. Being from the Yorkshire Dales, and The Lakes before that I was asked this question so many times 'what do you do in the winter?' I think it is what you feel inside and I always asked people what they did in the winter time. Life dosn't stop just because the peskies, sorry, tourists,have gone. I know my sister could not stand the rural life, but it is each to their own. The rural areas of England are very much the same as here, yes we have tractors in the Dales and we have moved out of the caves, but life goes on.If you have chance look at the Upper Wensleydale Newsletter web site and use this Andalucia site to make friends and find out what is going on out there. There is a lot. Take care.
Anntonio

pigs-might-fly
Andalucia Guru

Postby pigs-might-fly » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:25 pm

I ALWAYS do as little as possible, whatever the weather! :lol: :lol: :lol:

tidal
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby tidal » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:36 pm

hah
a bit of rain

wait until winter comes

:lol:

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:01 pm

When we were house hunting in the Granada area in early November we had to scrape the car windows with our credit cards, they were thick with ice......... a reason not to move that way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last winter there were very few days when we were not able to sit outside in the sunshine and drink a cup of tea with the neighbours. (Today being one of the days to not sit outside) Still, we need the rain so we musn´t complain, would be worse to have the water switched off due to shortages.

ken2
Resident

Postby ken2 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:45 pm

katy wrote:We went for a yummy Carvery. Looking for a break in the rain to take the dogs out, they are bored too. Never sit in bars, that would bore me out of my mind. If you are in Amigos there is always the Word thread :roll: :lol:

I feel sorry for the people who are on holiday and may have been saving all year.

Katy, if you like a really good carvery on a sunday,you are not to far from La Cala nice restarant, called after a english race coarse,? serves from 13.oohrs till 22.00 hrs need to book so if you p.m me i'll give you the number,

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:00 pm

Hi Ken I know it, had good reports about it. Keep meaning to try it. Perhaps now the weather is bad we shall. Thanks

Troglodyfae
Resident

Postby Troglodyfae » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:07 am

I would kill for some spare time with which I could do nothing. This spare time thing eludes me to be fair, I spend most of my waking hours running around like a headless chicken trying to make sure everything is done and dusted.

I really am not being factious, I truly do not have a spare waking minute, and would love to get to a stage where I could, hand on heart say " I am bored"

I am guessing I am working too hard and have this life thing mapped out all wrong :shock:

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:03 am

I suppose if you are stuck in your friends house,you would be bored..i know i would be.Still,the weather looks brighter today(tues)
I rarely get bored,with dogs to walk,i regularly list on Ebay,post office,bank...etc etc..along with the lovely school run..before i know it,its time for bed :wink:
I can understand where you are coming from tho,especially as it isnt your house.you could always do the housework for her.. :lol:

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:57 am

well .. no matter what day it is, im normally up at 05.30 to get ready for work. seems theres a fair bit of activity on here during the day tho ;)
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.