not about Andalucia but about Spain ...

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

not about Andalucia but about Spain ...

Postby Lavanda » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:38 pm

frank
Andalucia Guru

Re: not about Andalucia but about Spain ...

Postby frank » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:40 am

Lavanda, looks like you are on your own, the only member with an any interest in Spanish politics. Over 100 "reads" and no comments. :D Try a thread on parsnips, brussel sprouts or Morrisons if you want more response! :lol:
My own ill informed take on it is, anything that will take power from the PNV can't be a bad thing, but of course, you cannot rule them out yet. Probably as we speak, there will be deals being done, lots of meetings going on, lots of palms being greased, and alliances formed. A coalition between PP y PSOE???? It remains to be seen who will be in the driving seat there. :x Galicia, not really so surprising. There seems to be as much hate for ZP and PSOE as there is for Gordon Brown and his croonies at the moment, so a swing away from them is not that surprising. That, and the fact that Rajoy is a local boy, from Santiago, will have helped. Is it just me, or is he not the real deal? He is not a natural speaker, (shy?), never really sounds convinced of what he is saying.

When can you tell a politician is lying?
When he opens his mouth!
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

masterob
Andalucia Guru

Postby masterob » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:03 pm

Lavanda, looks like you are on your own, the only member with an any interest in Spanish politics. Over 100 "reads" and no comments. Try a thread on parsnips, brussel sprouts or Morrisons if you want more response!
Frank, it may surprise you to learn that some people on this Forum actually have a life with more pressing things to do than pontificate on each and every subject. We are content to leave that to "here today, gone tomorrow" members with a pressing need to comment endlessly such as yourself!
As to your dismissive remark about parsnips, brussels sprouts etc, such things actually have more of a bearing on daily life whereas the politics of a distant part of Spain don´t! :roll:

Scot
Resident

Postby Scot » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:22 pm

Frank I'm one of the 100 that read Lavandas post. I didn't contribute as I didn't understand it :oops: Can we discuss garden peas please?

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:30 pm

Scot,
Mercadona's peas are like bullets .. :lol:

And as for politics in Spain, most people don't understand what's going on anyway.
You really would have to have a great passion for politics and study the daily reports to make any sense of it, personally I'd rather read Beachcombers 'take' on it all and be guided by him....
Regards,
Gordon

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:37 pm

As to your dismissive remark about parsnips, brussels sprouts etc, such things actually have more of a bearing on daily life whereas the politics of a distant part of Spain don´t
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Colinm
Resident

Postby Colinm » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:43 pm

The I.R.A. used to be quoted as saying 'the ballot box in one hand, and an Armalite in the other'. If the Basque Nationalist Party, although being the largest party, by both seats and and vote, are no longer in government, will this give ETA the impetus they want to increase their terrorist activities?

"As to your dismissive remark about parsnips, brussels sprouts etc, such things actually have more of a bearing on daily life whereas the politics of a distant part of Spain don´t!"

- I would respecfully point out that parsnips and brussel sprouts are seasonal, terrorism is a continuous plague that knows no boundaries. :twisted:
ádh mór ort agus sláinte.....
(Good luck and good health)!

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:59 pm

Hey Lavanda, looks like you are the target for pot shots for March, those of us on the receiving end are a very elite club you know so welcome....... :lol: :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol:

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:21 pm

Frank, it may surprise you to learn that some people on this Forum actually have a life with more pressing things to do than pontificate on each and every subject.
Well, you've made a statement, would you like to back that up with some factual evidence! If you click on "View active topics", you'll be presented with a list on the first page of about 28 different topics. Have a check and see if I have "pontificated on each and every subject". Currently, I can see 25 I have not commented on. I don't even read all of the topics, much less comment on them. Don't feel bad because you have more interest in sprouts than the politics of your adopted country, you're not alone. :lol:
"As to your dismissive remark about parsnips, brussels sprouts etc, such things actually have more of a bearing on daily life whereas the politics of a distant part of Spain don´t!"
¡Sin comentarios! :lol:
Last edited by frank on Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards, Frank

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:33 pm

The I.R.A. used to be quoted as saying 'the ballot box in one hand, and an Armalite in the other'. If the Basque Nationalist Party, although being the largest party, by both seats and and vote, are no longer in government, will this give ETA the impetus they want to increase their terrorist activities?
Hopefully not! Let´s hope that sprouts continue to be more important than what goes on in a distant part of Spain.
Nice to read some informed comment, Colin.
- I would respecfully point out that parsnips and brussel sprouts are seasonal, terrorism is a continuous plague that knows no boundaries. :twisted:
Sad but true.
Regards, Frank

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:34 pm

Hi Jool! Thanks for the welcome! I did notice I'm not someone's perfect pen-pal when we had that spat about my History MA. I guess she doesn't like looking an idiot. Me? I don't mind at all (just as well, eh?) I always put my foot in it as when I'm on-topic people go off and when I'm off people are rigidly sticking to the letter of the topic. I can't understand 'the rules' at all. Do I worry? No way! I'm too busy being happy! Oh! No! 'Happy in Spain?' That's going to start the other one off now. :D

Scot
Resident

Postby Scot » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:38 pm

Not only do I not understand what's going on - I don't care because it doesn't seem to matter whos running what country re my day to day existence! I don't think I belong in the very elite club now - do I? :oops:

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:40 pm

When can you tell a politician is lying?
When he opens his mouth!
So why the interest in politica :?
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.