Ordering from Amazon

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
concorde
Resident

Ordering from Amazon

Postby concorde » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:58 pm

Has anyone had any trouble ordering from Amazon lately.

I went onto the site tonight, ordered some stuff but when I went to the checkout it said my basket was empty, it wasn't but wouldn't let me go any further. Have logged off and on, done everything i can think of and in the end e-mailed them.
No reply yet but I was hoping to order tonight as they are offering free delivery, and it's the last night for that offer.

Having said that I went to list some stuff on eBay and the picture enhancer kept switching off my internet connection.

Perhaps I'm jinxed today :crazy:
I'm always disappointed when a liar's pants don't actually catch on fire.

lizzie
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Ordering from Amazon

Postby lizzie » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:00 am

I wanted to order some books from Amazon just a couple of days ago and it took me hours to even get onto the site. I suppose it's because they are so busy because it is nearly Christmas. Similarly, when trying to use Paypal to buy an item from Ebay, I couldn't sign in, the screen kept freezing. All sorted now though. :clap:

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:42 am

Have you tried The book depository ? :thumbup: They also take paypal.

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/WEBSITE ... mepage.php

This company is great,someone on here recommended me to use them last year and its free delivery ALL year.I find Amazon are more expensive and when they charge for shipping, the price is terrible.
:thumbdown:

bunty
Resident

Postby bunty » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:05 am

Like you,princess peach,I also started to use the book depository after reading about it on this site.
I am really pleased with this site. It means I don't have to spend time looking for any decent second-hand books .I also no longer have to half fill my suitcase with books every time I come back from U.K.I have time to "wander" around the books as though I was in a book shop and I find they are good value,no postage costs and very reliable.

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:51 am

This is to do with the security settings on your computer apparently as I had the same problem with other online shoppers and that was the cause. You need to check them.

concorde
Resident

Postby concorde » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:24 pm

Amazon e-mailed me last night, telling me to delete all cookies and try again . Did this but then had to allow their cookie back in again. It cleared my shopping basket so I ordered again but when i went to the checkout it said my basket was empty again, so frustrating when the items were showing.
anyway I e-mailed them again and copied and pasted the page showing my listed items.

They've come back again today telling me to ring them on freephone no. so I will try that.
I'm trying to buy cds and a dvd, unfortunately the dvd is not available on play.com otherwise I'd use them. Both free delivery and about the same price.

Jool, I think you are right about the security settings and I may have to alter them for eBay. I'm wondering if it's because I went mad the other week and used CC Cleaner to clear lots of stuff

mhic
Andalucia Guru

Postby mhic » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:00 pm

I'm also having trouble with Amazon but my problem is with paying for some items ordered this morning, seems the credit card I used last week is no good this week.

Mhic.

concorde
Resident

Postby concorde » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:19 pm

Well, rang the help desk, she went right through everything I'd already done , on her screen she could get through to the checkout and finally said it must be my computer!

I was rather put out by that as I had just ordered something else from Play.com with no bother.
then I tried my laptop and guess what? Straight through to the checkout, paid and all done and dusted. How weird. Both computer have vista, same updates etc so what is going on? :crazy:

Wasted flamin' hours faffing about, and never thought to try another computer.

Still think I'm jinxed.

On our last visit over we joined our local village trip to Gib. took 4hrs, never again, had a look around Morrisons and bought a couple of things. got back to U.K. Thursday night, rang our neighbour to turn our heating up and he informed us our local Morrison's was on fire and is completely burned out. :wtf: