Shops and this holiday!

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Shops and this holiday!

Postby princess peach » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:00 am

I havent checked on the opening times of the shops before this holiday.I drove past mankydonnas yesterday and of course it was shut,but there were no opening times on the window.Can anyone tell me when these supermarkets are open again. :( I need foooood :think:

Laslomas
Resident

Re: Shops and this holiday!

Postby Laslomas » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:09 am

I am sure that Saturday will be normal for shops. I was really surprised yesterday as it was like a normal day in Nerja except for the banks and abogados being shut. Supersol, Mercadona and Lidl were open and all the other shops too. I am sure it has not been like that before on Easter Thursday. So what today will be like is a mystery, it is certainly different to a few years ago when everything except the bakers were closed!

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:15 am

I rode past mankys yesterday and it was all locked up,hubby drove past Carrefour after work yesterday and that was all shut too.It was dead here.
Oh well,ill just have to munch on my Baileys easter egg until saturday then.. :wink:
Thankyou.xx

campo babe
Resident

Postby campo babe » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:29 am

Our local Mercadona was open yesterday and will be closed today. There was a large notice on all the exits.

Laslomas
Resident

Postby Laslomas » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:11 pm

Just returned from Nerja and MAS, Supersol and Lidl were all open this morning, but almost everywhere else was closed except a few veg shops and souvenir shops, really wierd. Almost like UK with the supermarkets now. I was looking for a pharmacy but could not find one open.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:03 pm

Laslomas wrote: I was looking for a pharmacy but could not find one open.
Every town has to have a pharmacy open.
You will find a notice on the doors of all the shut pharmacies to say which one is open.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:53 pm

And in our area particularly LL. Torrox Costa towards Malaga at the twin Repsol stations Pharmacia on left is 24/7 which is handy to know even if a little ride in the Jeep !