No smoking ban in force from 1st Jan 2011

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
julian
Andalucia Guru

Re: No smoking ban in force from 1st Jan 2011

Postby julian » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:20 pm

you do katy !!

JAWG
Resident

Postby JAWG » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:48 pm

I have been fighting against posting on this thread since it first appeared. But now, after all the responses, I can fight it no longer.
The title should be "Smoking Ban" or "No Smoking Law". A "No Smoking Ban" means there is no ban on smoking.

My apologies
John G
Ottawa, ON, Canada

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:50 pm

or that non-smoking is banned, now there´s food for thought, obligatory smoking !! !!

anewlife
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby anewlife » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:32 am

Well originally, the Government were going to enforce 'smoking' and 'non smoking' area in pubs, restaurants etc. but then they suddenly changed their minds and declared that all public places are non smoking except for private clubs, some Government offices etc. so really that is not fair. One rule for one, and one for the other.

On another note, anyone noticed that when a child is in a buggy and you are waiting to cross a road and cars are belching out exhaust fumes that are blasting in the child's face because they are almost at the same level? Anyone ever mentioned what harm that could do to the child?

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:21 am

I guess that just living is harmful as we are put at risk and subject to things that could damage our health each and every day, but hopefully it will be some time yet before living is banned, although it may be proposed one day knowing our govts.

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:40 am

anewlife wrote: Anyone ever mentioned what harm that could do to the child?
They have, a million times! I'm only amazed it's taken this long for the this old chesnut to appear, not that it's got anything to do with smoking. I'm sure if you put your mind to it you could think of thousands of other things that are dangerous to one's health that also have nothing to do with smoking. :D
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:49 am

I think people are aware of the damage caused by exhausts on cars, but that is why the car companies are always under enormous preasure improve their efficiency.Two wrongs can never make a right.
We have to look to improve thing on on fronts and the best way with smoking is to ban it from public places, while the best way to reduce car pollution is research and try to get people to use public transport more

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:14 am

markwilding wrote:I think people are aware of the damage caused by exhausts on cars
With all due respect Mark that quote is a misleading green soundbite. Cars have been my business, hobby and escape from the ratrace throughout the years and it's things like this, that when said in earnest make me sad.

I've two 5 litre cars in the garage as we speak and one with a 2 litre, full house, screaming race motor in it.

All 3 show just on 0% emmissions for hydrocarbons at DOT approved testing stations, that's not fiction it's fact.

Derv is the killer here and in particular poorly maintained public transport and service vehicles which use it. How many times can you taste the poison when a bus pulls away from the stop and emits its cloud of black filth, usually with 3 people on board............my cars and most other peoples do not do that I'm afaid........another piece of propaganda spread around for political gain.
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.