Tottenham

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Re: Tottenham

Postby Mowser » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:43 am

He shot at a policeman, or discharged his gun and the bullet lodged in a policemans radio
The bullet came from a police-issue gun. Perhaps the bullet was fired into the radio much earlier to give them an excuse to "take him out."

I love a good conspiracy theory.
Dave

mhic
Andalucia Guru

Postby mhic » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:04 pm

Might be an idea to wait for the results from the inquiry before jumping to conclusions re where the bullet came from. Another idea would be to dump the human rights nonsense and begin punishing thugs and terrorists .

Mhic.

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:23 pm

mhic wrote:Might be an idea to wait for the results from the inquiry before jumping to conclusions re where the bullet came from. Another idea would be to dump the human rights nonsense and begin punishing thugs and terrorists .
Mhic.
Agree, for the feral yobs living there it´s simply an excuse to loot and set fire to things. Personally I´d be happy to see the police take out looters by whatever means possible, rather than standing back and watching them. There are lots of poor and deprived communities, but thankfully most don´t use that as an excuse to torch buildings and loot.
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:54 pm

The "community" should be better off for getting rid of that scumbag crack dealer and gang member. Suddenly he was a good family man and didn't carry a gun....according to his family. Not much profile given to the people who have lost their homes and businesses. One Labour MP spoke on TV of the "murder" of the guy. Clear whose side he will be on :roll:

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:35 pm

Now the IPCC have said the policeman wasn't shot at but feared for his life.
Dave

tt
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby tt » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:22 pm

Now the IPCC have said the policeman wasn't shot at but feared for his life

Well the other guy had a gun so I guess that was a good enough reason to fear for his life.

What has always amazed me is that the Police Officers carrying firearms are volunteers.
They apply and if selected, trained, (level1 with SAS) but if they dare fire the weapon they are likely to grip the rail at the Old Bailey, be suspended or even lose their job. Why volunteer to put yourself in that position when you do not get the backing.
If they all handed in their authorisations maybe Theresa May would give some support.

quebin
Resident

Postby quebin » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:51 pm

The reason the police volunteer for firearm duties is because of the extra monies involved not for moralistic duties.Only last week 6 elite policemen in the UK were fired because of the posing for silly photographs whilst supposedly raiding a premises.The Met have a very poor history of of killing innocent people recently ie Jean Charles Menezes and Ian Tomlinson,both innocent but the police lied about the facts and tried to cover it up,no wonder people have no faith in the police,but there is no excuse for the rioting and looting.I haven't heard of any policemen being charged yet in the hacking scandal,maybe they are being given breathing space so that they can resign or retire to save their pensions.A two tier system still exists where the police seem to be untouchable.

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:01 pm

Its just out of hand now with tonights rioting, now east and south London are rioting, they could lock them all up for me and chuck away the key :shock:
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

mhic
Andalucia Guru

Postby mhic » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:14 pm

My sister tells me they have smashed up some shops in Barnet and the police have had the pubs close.

Mhic.

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:17 pm

Oh well, hasn't taken long for the ' lets jump on the bandwagon and have a go at the police' has it! Not ALL police are corrupt. And what us wrong with getting paid more to do a dangerous job?
Thugs/drug dealers etc who carry guns carry guns for one reason only, to kill another person, if they get shot by the police it is what they bought upon themselves.
And no it isn't because my son is a police officer I think this! In my younger days I worked in a bank in London, and a bank clerk was murdered, shot by an armed robber and another collegue of my husband was shot at by armed robbers during a cash delivery. So I have no sympathy with people who carry guns.

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:20 pm

Me niether Oliveview, not at all

gus
Resident

Postby gus » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:33 pm

Do the police still have access to water cannons and if so, why aren't they used!
If not, then why not?

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:38 pm

Or cs gas?

Bowler
Resident

Postby Bowler » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:22 pm

Ps whatever the current top dog in Syria is called, I salute him !!

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:27 pm

Bowler wrote:My view on this topic is this: we are not allowed to use the "N" word are we even though they are the ones who caused it. For Gods sake we have become a nation of pussies (that's deleted straight away) because we're more interested in politcal correctness than the truth.
When I think back thirty or forty years ago to the hope we had, the current Government(s) are useless and are leading us towards armageddon-
Personally i hope that mankind destroys itself soon as so we can then rebuild !!
Anders Breivik comes to mind

There's someting wrong with your telly if you think none of the the looters were W

Nimrod
Resident

Postby Nimrod » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:31 pm

Top dog in Syria?
It's Ahmed McDinnerjacket or something like that

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:03 pm

Kicking off in Birmingham now :(
Police are asking people to control their children, this is going to leave a hell of a mess, being deprived of a BMW or such like, is no excuse, how do they think people in 3rd world countries get on with life

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:21 pm

Olive absolutely agree. Whatever happened he is one less scumbag on the streets. The Police should be out there with rubber bullets, tazers and water canons, time for a curfew. It is not about that scumbag it' just mob rule and a chance to do some looting and damage. Apologists and conspiritors make me sick :evil:

malagaman2005
Resident

Postby malagaman2005 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:28 pm

quebin wrote:The reason the police volunteer for firearm duties is because of the extra monies involved not for moralistic duties.
And where did you get this idea from? I'd like to know your source, this certainly wasn't the case when I was in the force, have things changed?
" If at first you don't succeed then skydiving is not for you"

tt
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby tt » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:41 pm

Malagaman
I think that was a comment picked out of thin air to suit a purpose.
Certainly in my day no one was paid extra for any qualification they had.
Funny how the armchair critics raise their voices about something they know very little about. I think the police are doing a very difficult job very well.
Good luck to them and hope they stay safe.