Tottenham

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
julian
Andalucia Guru

Re: Tottenham

Postby julian » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:43 pm

Cameron is on his way home, so no doubt it will all be sorted by tomorrow evening now.

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:48 pm

As I said previously, our son is a police officer, he has not had riot training (yet). I feel sick watching the news.

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:54 pm

I hope he isn't there oliveview, I feel for all the lads and lassies that are involved, and just listening to newsnight now, I could hit that Ken livingston, hes a pillock, anyone who can not see this is out and out thuggery must be a pillock in my opinion.
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:04 pm

They should bring in the army. Shops are being smashed and looted and there is no police present. Oh I fogot the army is all overseas fighting a useless war :roll:

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:09 pm

Police should be given the powers to use force which they deem reasonable in order to protect themselves and innocent, decent members of the the public. I have nothing but respect for the police on the front line trying to do their job and having to put up with the scum they have infront of them.

It won't be the scum who pay to rectify the damage either newsnight is amazing tonight,

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:13 pm

I had a text message to say he hasn't been called in, he us in Essex police, the news reports said police are being drafted in from outside forces. He would not tell me if he were though!! :crazy: .

One reporter asked a hooded girl why she had looted a shop, her reply was ' I'm getting my taxes back' :crazy:

If I were to write what I really think if these thugs I would be banned for life from here!
I dont think the Met has enough officers to cover all the areas. With further police cuts there will be even less. Still, that us what Mr Cameron wants!

Chunky Monky
Resident

Re: Syria

Postby Chunky Monky » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:20 pm

Bowler wrote:Ps whatever the current top dog in Syria is called, I salute him !!
There is no comparison between the mindless criminality we are seeing in London and the situation in Syria. Like many other arab states, the Syrian uprising is against a brutal regime that does not think twice about shelling, sniping and machine gunning it's own people.

There is no political element to the events in London.

Chunky Monky
Resident

Iran

Postby Chunky Monky » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:33 pm

Nimrod wrote:Top dog in Syria?
It's Ahmed McDinnerjacket or something like that
I think the person you facetiously refer to is Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, the Pesident of IRAN!!

It's a shame your ignorance gets in the way of your "Let's-Laugh-At-The-Wogs" attitude.
Last edited by Chunky Monky on Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:36 pm

Just mindless thugs.
It must be terrible not to have a job or prospects if one, but how many of these yobs will actually want to work I wonder?

Chunky Monky
Resident

Postby Chunky Monky » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:56 pm

katy wrote:Olive absolutely agree. The Police should be out there with rubber bullets, tazers and water canons, time for a curfew.:
With regard to Water Cannon, apparently they are not licenced for use on mainland Britain. The government would need to change the law under the Emergency Powers Act if it were declared.

Curfew - I don't think the average looter would take any notice of that at all.

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:04 am

I believe that they have to declare a state of emergency to bring in the water machines, but they would have to come from northen Ireland,
I don't think Camerons cuts have anything to do with this, and any other party would of had to do the same, this is just plain animalism, watching this on sky news is quite daunting, awful for anyone who knows the areas that are involved, I was just looking on facebook, there is a lad trying to start rioting up in Leicester hope he doesn't succeed.

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:12 am

Not sure if this link will work here, worth a try http://www.twitvid.com/4JTZH

Edit: Oh good, it does. Talks sense doesn't she?

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:19 am

Yes, and shes a brave woman in my book.

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:27 am

She certainly is - making that sort of speech in the face of the rioters!

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:53 am

"With regard to Water Cannon, apparently they are not licenced for use on mainland Britain"

maybe they are not allowed because of the hosepipe ban.

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:57 am

You are showing yourself to be a idiot Julian, peoples lives are falling apart, if you haven't anything nice to say, its better that you say nothing, you may find yourself in the a similar position one day, just like theses innocent people, Spain isn't immune it could happen anywhere.

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:01 am

blah blah blah julie
you say what you want to say and I´ll say what want to say.....freedom of speech, peoples lives falling apart and you want me to say something "nice" about the riots !!!

Nimrod
Resident

Re: Iran

Postby Nimrod » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:33 am

Chunky Monky wrote:
Nimrod wrote:Top dog in Syria?
It's Ahmed McDinnerjacket or something like that
I think the person you facetiously refer to is Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, the Pesident of IRAN!!

It's a shame your ignorance gets in the way of your "Let's-Laugh-At-The-Wogs" attitude.
thanks you monkey
I stand corrected
What is a Pesident?

mhic
Andalucia Guru

Postby mhic » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:13 am

I think this may turn out to be a blessing in disguise, it may just drag the British people out of years of apathy and start demanding an end to the stupidity of the past 20 odd years. My son told me his MP held a meeting a few weeks ago to discuss the problem of Somalis selling drugs and mugging kids in the area. I don't know how true that is but I do know my 13 year old grandson no longer takes anything of value to school with him and the teacher are aware that drugs are being sold to kids outside the school gates I would assume the police are aware of it as well.

Mhic.

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:32 am

Maybe if the Gurkahs went in it would negate the inevitable cries of "racism" if one or two of these thieving, life wrecking scum were maimed.

As a mate of mine said "A big looter with a small knife and a scowl is not as scary as a small bloke with a big knife and a grin" :D
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.