Tottenham

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
Julie
Andalucia Guru

Tottenham

Postby Julie » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:04 pm

Blimey I just read on yahoo about the riots in Tottenham, so I took a look at sky news, no dream lives for sale there I wouldn't think, it is awful,hope its not going to have a repeat tonight :(
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Re: Tottenham

Postby peteroldracer » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:22 pm

There is a new game on the web pretending to be a news report on the riots - "spot the white man" - coppers don't count.
I think it is an exuberant outpouring of celebration by young people, in gratitude to their parents/grandparents for causing them to be living in such a wonderful country.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Trigger
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Trigger » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:22 pm

peteroldracer wrote: I think it is an exuberant outpouring of celebration by young people, in gratitude to their parents/grandparents for causing them to be living in such a wonderful country.

Innit!

Nimrod
Resident

Postby Nimrod » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:29 pm

If ever there was a 'hood ,Tottenham and Wood Green is it.
Doesn't surprise me one iota.
And you've got the so called "Carnival" to come.
A misnomer indeed.

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:58 pm

If only Harry Redknapp had signed a few more players, this may never have happened.
Dave

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:30 pm

I have now watched a bit about it on the news, animals, appears no just cause to me, we are just to soft, time there was consequences to peoples actions.

I imagine we will have to pay the rioters compensation for some reasons, it will be their human rights Lol !

Ken Livingstone has just been on the news and appears to think the rioting was justified :( said the bad lads were just add ons and its the goverments fault, or that is how it sounded to me!

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:31 pm

"time there was consequences to peoples actions"

the police´s actions in killing the guy or the rioters actions demonstrating against the police ?

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:55 pm

The Police play it too soft these days. Seen footage of rioters smashing shop windows whilst they stood watching. Just the same in the student riots. They even broke into Mcdonalds and cooked beefburgers! They are always these poor kids to hear the so called community workers on TV. Youth clubs have been shut down is one excuse....scum like that don't attend community clubs.

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:58 pm

The guy did shoot the copper first !

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:58 pm

The guy did shoot the copper first ! wel lsomeone did,as Mowser points out, maybe not him, but what ever started it, I do not agree with Julians take on it, no excuse to behave like animals,two wrongs do not make a right, or so my mum always tells us all.
Last edited by Julie on Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:01 pm

Someone did.
Dave

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:48 pm

The police shot a man who was carrying a gun, what the hell was he carrying a gun for? He shot at a policeman, or discharged his gun and the bullet lodged in a policemans radio, it could have well been 2 men dead at the scene! As far as I am concerned you carry a gun (and i am not talking of hunters) have to take the consequences.
As for the rioters, just as well they were not rioting in France, Holland etc, they would soon find out what the police could do!
Give the UK police more power, like the police have in Europe with rioters/looters/thugs.

Edit: just heard on tv that it was a police issue bullet in the radio. that still does not change the fact the dead man had a gun according to the bbc.
A man has just said the rioting and looting is a cry for help, cry for help??? Just out and out yobs and thieves. :silent:
Last edited by oliveview01 on Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nimrod
Resident

Postby Nimrod » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:20 pm

the powers are there ,theyre just scared to use them.
elf'n'safety,liberalism rules unfortunately.
they used baton rounds and gas in Belfast,use it in london.

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:25 pm

Totally agree nimrod, if a rioter gets hurt, poor thing, how could those nasty policemen hurt those poor poor rioters?

Chunky Monky
Resident

Postby Chunky Monky » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:45 pm

It is being reported on Sky News that the bullet in the police radio was from a police weapon. How lucky are the Met Police? They could have a dead policeman shot by one of their own! More top heads to roll I suspect.

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:08 pm

So what are the excuses for the thugs and thieves in Enfield tonight? People on the tv are so quick to complain about police tactics, it makes me mad. Our son is a police officer, I am proud to bits of him and his job :thumbup:

crazyred
Resident

Postby crazyred » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:47 am

The fact that the IPCC started looking at this case immediately suggests that there is more to this story than a 'gangsta' being taken down. There are differing witness statements and the man was sitting in a cab being followed. Apparently, he had been under surveillance since his friend was stabbed earlier this year but was not known to have been in trouble with the police. This area is like a powder keg & the authorities are well aware of this (remembering 1985) and whilst this may have started off as a vigil it has erupted into a violent & damaging show of anger & frustration and yes, in some cases as an excuse for thuggery & looting however, not an isolated incidence as these outbursts are going on worldwide, not always reported & not always as ferocious.
I'm not condoning these acts of thuggery but I do think that there is more to this story than is being reported and I don't believe that this man's death is the only reason for it.

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:31 am

Every time a police rifle is discharged the IPCC are involved straight away. I see there was looting in Brixton too, Footlocker and Currys, these looters know what they want. I could understand people stealing food if they were starving, but these lot are out and out thieves, no other excuse for them.

gus-lopez
Resident

Postby gus-lopez » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:02 am

Julie wrote:
Ken Livingstone has just been on the news and appears to think the rioting was justified :( said the bad lads were just add ons and its the goverments fault, or that is how it sounded to me!
Now there's an absolute piece of scum that's cost the country millions in his lifetime, a back stabber, not averse to pulling any sort of tricks , that poses as a 'politician ' ! He really desereves shooting. :x
Todos somos Lorca.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:39 am

The Police are too restricted by Government policies and political correctness. Everyone knows black on black stabbings and gun crime have been increasing in some areas of London yet as soon as a planned arrest goes wrong all the lefties are dragged out on TV to say how unfair they are treated. If they think by sheer numbers they can loot giant TV's etc. from Comet whilst the Police look on they will keep doing it. To say the area has been simmering since 1985 is ludricous. It's full of drug gangs and they don't want any interference by the Law.

Madrid has a lot of race riots but the Police are much tougher. Also press censorship is operated. Have seen more shots of burning cars in madrid on US channels than on spanish TV. Our TV gives the supporters of the riots too much coverage.