Which are the best holiday rental websites for owners

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
Bongtrees
Andalucia Guru

Which are the best holiday rental websites for owners

Postby Bongtrees » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:33 pm

Which holiday rental websites have produced the most leads in 2011 to those of you that rent out property.

I intend to rent out a house in 2012 and just do not know which ones to use.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell

KarenD
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Which are the best holiday rental websites for owners

Postby KarenD » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:13 pm

Our house in Olvera is on with Spain-Holiday, Homelidays and Owners Direct (plus free sites) I've had the most enquiries from Homelidays (mainly French) but the most bookings through Spain-Holiday. I've only been with Owners Direct since August so too early to judge them yet but I have had one booking through them.

anis
Resident

Postby anis » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:54 pm

Everything Karen says, plus try Espana breaks and for a freebie, Niumba for Spain. I don't have much luck with the latter but I know some people do.

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:47 am

Speaking as a former renter I always used owners direct and holiday-rentals.co.uk and found excellent rentals which ultimately led me to buy in the great little town of Turre.
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

deb
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby deb » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:17 pm

I starting using owners direct sept 2010 and 2011 has been my best year yet. I am also booked up for all of june july and august 2012

anis
Resident

Postby anis » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:01 pm

COHR have just bought out the results of a recent survey today sent to holiday home owners about a fortnight ago. Homeaway came out on top, closely followed by VRBO and flipkey third.
Interesting, but the companies we have all selected for you are relevant to Andalucia in particular, which is what you need I think and relevant to your question.
Rental sites vary enormously depending on which area - what suits one area doesn't necessarily suit another.

Chunky Monky
Resident

Postby Chunky Monky » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:46 pm

deb wrote:I starting using owners direct sept 2010 and 2011 has been my best year yet. I am also booked up for all of june july and august 2012
Sounds good. Slightly OT but I saw yesterday that the British government are determined to track down Brits who have property abroad and are letting it out - for tax collection purposes. I can see this becoming a nightmare as the Spanish government also want a share of this revenue.

Marina
Resident

Postby Marina » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:37 pm

Spain-Holiday. Great customer service too.