Britain referendum now

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
kelly
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Britain referendum now

Postby kelly » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:07 pm

There is a BIG difference in being conservative or nationalistic. The UK (or parts) whilst prefering a conservative stance ( which I evidently do ) is multi cultural and better for it. Bilbao is nationalistic and hates all foreigners and races that are not born and bread in Euskera, its a dispicable place, as are most Spanish cities. Yes its a general statement but look at all the flags outside each town hall, how can an "extranerio" identify and be accepted.
Im not bothered about being "liked" I just like to speak things from my experience of trying to assimilate in Spain but realising one is nevere accepted so Fxxxx them..

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:18 pm

its (sic) a dispicable (sic) place, as are most Spanish cities
How's your tinfoil helmet?
Dave

masterob
Andalucia Guru

Postby masterob » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:13 pm

Nick Clegg and senior Liberal Democrats have turned dramatically on David Cameron over Europe, accusing the prime minister of endangering the interests of the British economy.
Where did that come from? Sounds like something out of the EU propaganda sheets that mark wilding referred to earlier! Nick Clegg was interviewed on the BBC1 "Andrew Marr Show" this morning and while expressing some concern it was nothing like turning on the PM! Journalism at its worst I fear!

knowal
Resident

Postby knowal » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:22 pm

All eyes on the markets tomorrow morning, they will tell us whether there is true confidence in the crisis having been fixed.
My guess is that it won't make much immediate difference. In the longer term, the UK not being fettered may make it a more competitive country.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:36 pm

kelly wrote:There is a BIG difference in being conservative or nationalistic. The UK (or parts) whilst prefering a conservative stance ( which I evidently do ) is multi cultural and better for it. Bilbao is nationalistic and hates all foreigners and races that are not born and bread in Euskera, its a dispicable place, as are most Spanish cities. Yes its a general statement but look at all the flags outside each town hall, how can an "extranerio" identify and be accepted.
Im not bothered about being "liked" I just like to speak things from my experience of trying to assimilate in Spain but realising one is nevere accepted so Fxxxx them..
Another misinformed rant
I told you you'll need to get your facts right if you want to comment on the Basque Country.

First of all ,The nationalists don't hold power in the regional government. There is a coalition between the PSE, the Basque version of the POSE, and the PP. People like foreigners here,especially those from the UK and Ireland.There has always been strong connections in Bilbao with the UK because of the steel industry.I promise you where ever I go people mention it and sing a typical song called "Un Ingles vino a Bilbao"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4OWL8ZDaTA

Come to Bilbao and you'll see both the Spanish flag and the Basque flag flying outside the town hall. The Mayor has a policy of not wanting to offend either group so it's both or none.BTY, he's PNV (nationalist).Some of the nationalist might want to separate from Spain but the policy is to be a part of the EU. One of the things that never fails to impress me that the way they don't allow their views to affect relationships. Two best friends might hold completely different views. In fact, my brother in law holds very extreme nationalistic views and My wife and I hold opposite ones and apart from some heated arguments on politics, We all get on well.

Regular posters will know I hate people being pedantic but because your posts are so wide of the mark, I'm going to indulge myself
The Basque name for for The Basque Country is not Euskera and foreigners isn't spelt extranerio
I don't know why you haven't been accepted but I honestly feel I have been

kelly
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby kelly » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:00 am

The Spanish dont like black or asian british, look at the way they treat morrocans and south americans,im so glad i still have a place in good ol london town, been to basque country many times also catalyna so i know what i see. In andalucia theres a green and white flag whats the point some one tell me??
London is welcoming great city of + 10 million welcomes all and no need for silly nationalism that exists here in spain. thks for correcting my spelling btw. oh when did the spanish football tteam last play in bilbao Anyway more to the point The UK does not need the EU but the EU needs the UK fact ever since 1973

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:34 am

kelly wrote:The Spanish dont like black or asian british, look at the way they treat morrocans and south americans,im so glad i still have a place in good ol london town, been to basque country many times also catalyna so i know what i see. In andalucia theres a green and white flag whats the point some one tell me??
London is welcoming great city of + 10 million welcomes all and no need for silly nationalism that exists here in spain. thks for correcting my spelling btw. oh when did the spanish football tteam last play in bilbao Anyway more to the point The UK does not need the EU but the EU needs the UK fact ever since 1973
A veritable word salad.
Dave

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:36 am

masterbob
Have a look at ANY newspaper this morning. Even the right-wing press is headlining the divisions.
Dave

hiker
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby hiker » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:55 am

The British attitude to Europe reminds me a lot of the "perceived" Basque attitude to Spain.....

strange, eh?
:)

Are the British the Basques of Europe???
putting the "ANDA" into Andalucía..:)

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:22 pm

One of the best articles I've seen regarding Britains stance on Europe, and an article which I think has a lot of truth in it.....can't believe it's come from the Beeb!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-16136004
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

annfoto
Resident

Postby annfoto » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:30 pm

The financial transaction tax was merely a distraction from the real issue - saving the Euro this week not some unspecified time in the future.
Looks like kicking the can down the road again didn't last long.
Here are today's scores so far:
Germany's DAX -3%
France's CAC 40 -2.2%
Spain's IBEX 35 -3%
£1 = €1.18
Italy's interest rate 7%, Spain's 6%
UK & US stock markets not too clever either. Global economic meltdown is round the corner unless someone gets their act together :think:
Ann

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:58 pm

Hmm ... pound up to €1.18258.
Dave

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:05 pm

I can see a few ex pats making Cameron a deity if that carries on Dave.....especially if he can get the Covirans to stock Oxo's and smoked haddock before he ditches Europe altogether.

You find peoples views on Europe revolve around what's in it for them I guess.
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:07 pm

You find peoples views on Europe revolve around what's in it for them I guess. I agree.

Can I asl does anyone know where Nic Clegg is this afternoon ????????????
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:14 pm

The next British Legion do on the CD will be doing that scene from the Italian Job with Noel Coward...England clap clap :lol: if the pound goes up that is!

A lot of what we are discussing could be hypothetical. Realisation has set in that Fridays proposals meant nothing. One pundit says that it could be early summer before an agreement is thrashed out. Could be too late for Italy and Spain. Lots of bonds coming on the market in the New Year. There is still some doubt that other countries outside the eurozone will actually agree to have Brussels dominate their spending.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:18 pm

Julie wrote:You find peoples views on Europe revolve around what's in it for them I guess. I agree.

Can I asl does anyone know where Nic Clegg is this afternoon ????????????
Gone to collect the kids from school
Job interview in Brussels
Throwing his toys out of the pram
:lol:

knowal
Resident

Postby knowal » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:38 pm

hiker wrote:The British attitude to Europe reminds me a lot of the "perceived" Basque attitude to Spain.....

strange, eh?
:)

Are the British the Basques of Europe???
The United Kingdom is a sovereign nation.
Europe is NOT a sovereign nation.
I think that you might have got it all backwards in your memory.

knowal
Resident

Postby knowal » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:46 pm

When I looked at the €uro this morning it was rising against the pound but now it is 0.5% lower with the £ at 1.1825.
The markets have spoken...

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:57 pm

The markets have spoken...
... and the ATM card is at the ready ...
Dave

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:03 pm

Just got back from a day in *silly* Seville. Shoppers everywhere, carrying lots of carrier bags. No sign of folk looking in bins, did see a couple of beggers and a few excellent buskers.
The only silly thing about the day is my aching feet!!