Bloody Football

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
TerryC
Resident

Bloody Football

Postby TerryC » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:12 pm

I don´t know about everybody else but I am fed up to my back teeth with all the football on the TV. I prefer a man´s game, Rugby played by proper men who don´t roll around the pitch in agony every time their mascara gets smudged, a load of over paid nancy boys if you ask me. And never mind the disruption to the regular TV programmes. Her indoors is going to go ballistic at any moment if Corry or Eastenders is off the screen one more time, and for once I agree with her totally. I watched 3 minutes of the match last night and all they did was pass the ball backwards and as much as I shouted at the screen that the goal is that way they took no notice. Next is Wombledon and then Oh nooooo The Olympics, the most commercial bit of overpriced rubbish the world has ever seen. Still the opening ceremony with sheep grazing should be good fun (NOT) at a cost of 27 million pounds. Spain should have sent a few goats over, would have been cheaper. So there you have it, my rant for the week and don´t get me started on the EU???????????????

HELP!!!!!!!!!!

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Re: Bloody Football

Postby oliveview01 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:44 pm

We were ranting about the football last night- not because it was on, because the Telecinco was off! So we could not watch the England game.
We are football fans, the new season can´t come soon enough :wave:

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:23 pm

I tried watching on Telecinco HD, but with ITVs commentary (don't get ITV HD) through my hi-fi. Unfortunately the English commentary was at least two seconds ahead of the action (even Spanish TV turns up late it seems!) which kind of spoiled the anticipation (the Ukraine goal was ruled out even before the ball crossed the line!!) Anyway, the Telecinco production is so appalling (e.g. constantly switching to split screen to show absolutely nothing going on in the other match, just when something is about to happen in the match you're watching) that I gave up and watched in SD on ITV anyway, with the commentary nicely synchronized!
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

gus-lopez
Resident

Postby gus-lopez » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:09 pm

The 'did it cross the line' debate doesn't have any legs as It was offside anyway.
Todos somos Lorca.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:13 pm

The football isn't on every channel. If you don't like it, just switch over like I have to do when one of the soaps are on

mhic
Andalucia Guru

Postby mhic » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:32 pm

Cor you have it easy, switch over ! I have to leave the room because my moaning spoils (wait for it) the story line.

Mhic

gus-lopez
Resident

Postby gus-lopez » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:35 pm

Even hearing the music of eastenders will unhinge me !
Todos somos Lorca.

Nimrod
Resident

Postby Nimrod » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:04 pm

How can so much tosh happen in one pub.?
It defies reality.
Nothing happens in our local pub except the occasional rustle of a crisp packet or Insane Jones's dog
farting

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:43 pm

Nimrod wrote:Nothing happens in our local pub except the occasional rustle of a crisp packet or Insane Jones's dog
farting
...which is probably marginally more exciting than the prospect of 90 minutes of England v Italy, followed by another 30 minutes, followed by penalty kicks....but I'd still rather watch that than any UK soaps, which in turn I would probably rather watch than any Spanish novellas.

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:46 pm

One hour to kick-off in the first quarter final .... can't wait.
Dave

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:26 pm

Just noticed....A.com seems to be in a completely different time zone :wtf:

Bluefish
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Bluefish » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:07 am

Miro wrote:Just noticed....A.com seems to be in a completely different time zone :wtf:
...and is now in the middle of the footie Twilight Zone. Hide behind the sofa, girls !! :shh:
There are three types of people; those who can count and those who can't

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:01 am

Shock horror!! How can you be so scathing of Eastenders!! The Michael/ Jean storyline is brilliant! Can't wait for tomorrow's episode! Mind you, a lot of it is rubbish - Derek is such a ridiculous character for a start........

Hey, Bluefish, I can see lots of identical posts from you unless my phone has gone crazy :)

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:47 am

I think to each their own.The OP criticism of football is typical of his posts which is to impose his lifestyle on everybody else

The reality is that sport is enjoyed by many people in the UK and Spain and at the same time so are the soaps. There is room for both.I don't like the soaps so I don't watch them.What I don't do is sit there watching them just to complain to everybody how bad I think they are,which in effect Terry has done.

Anyway, Imagine the outcry if they didn't show this competition or the Olympics on the box.

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:37 am

There was certainly an outcry when Telecinco went off (no signal ) for the England game :x Been fine since, typical!

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:11 am

I would be content if all the footie was on one of the many channels both main broadcasters have - there is BBC 1, 2, 3, 4 ITV 1, 2, 3, 4 and all the "+1" channels.
Why not keep normal programming on the main channels (say 1 & 2) and stick the "sport" on number 3?
It would be interesting to see what the viewing figures were like (although the sample is so small those are pretty meaningless).
They could even have grades of "sport" so that the things that are just entertainment (for some) like sychronised swimming and gymnastics could be on BBC4 and/or ITV4 - kept away from proper competitive sport, where the result can be measured.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:20 am

You think Gymnastics is not a proper competitive sport :shock:

Maybe you meant it's a minority sport.
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:28 am

I am sure it is competitive, it is just that the performance cannot be measured, it being the opinion of a judge rather than an achievement of height, length, time (either quickest or longest!) or number of actions achieved. This, in my view, makes it a (competitive) entertainment rather than a sport. Ice-dance is not, speed-skating is - if you see what I mean, and as for synchronised anything... :roll:
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

janda_grant2
Resident

Postby janda_grant2 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:57 am

OH is an occasional watcher of footie - he will watch the England games, but is not bothered about others - what gets us is that there may be loads of other channels to watch - but why do they all have repeats showing at the same time as the football? Are the schedulers expecting everybody to be watching the football so don't think it worth putting anything decent on as an alternative?
I can spell but I can't type

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:03 pm

Are the schedulers expecting everybody to be watching the football so don't think it worth putting anything decent on as an alternative
I think you've hit the nail on the head Janda. No matter what the anti football brigade say, ITV 1 had their biggest audience of the year with Englands opener, 15 million. Not really worth the Beeb putting a brand new multi million pound costume drama on the other side to compete :D
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.