Young man from Coín murdered in Bournmouth

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
annfoto
Resident

Re: Young man from Coín murdered in Bournmouth

Postby annfoto » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:28 am

katy wrote:Crocodile tears from people who didn't know the man. How can they be "devastated" , that's for friends and family. They are more worried about their position in the community. They'll be sending teddy bears next :roll:
The only time devastated was mentioned was in that newspaper article
From the article :
said the town is “devastated” by Sergio’s tragic murder
Sergio was born in the town, his family live here, of course they *beep*¡ng knew him :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
It was a member of the British/Spanish ladies friendship group that suggested Sergio go to the UK to study English.
Katy you do not even live in Spain yet you have informed me (a resident of Coín for 10 years) that the Spanish hate all Brits in Coín (because you have friends there and visited a couple of times so you know what you are talking about).
I can see why people do not join this forum, you need to have a bloody tough skin to put up with some of the heartless bast8rdos here.
BAN ME IF YOU LIKE -I HAVE HAD ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ann

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:41 am

Annfoto, just let it go over your head, my mum always told us, that while someone is being horrible to us, they are leaving others alone, look for the positive :)
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

knowal
Resident

Postby knowal » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:14 am

annfoto wrote:A 23 year old was brutally murdered in Bournmouth yesterday, his English flatmate has been arrested.
Sergio Marquez Retamar, who was an only child, had gone to the UK to work and learn English.
What makes this even more tragic is that the last young Coíneña murdered 9 years ago at the August feria was also killed by an Englishman.
I am not English but however I am British and I am thoroughly ashamed.
I feel for that poor family. :(
As this thread was started on a false premise that Sergio was murdered by an English person - and seems to becoming confrontational, perhaps it has run its course.

Bongtrees
Andalucia Guru

Postby Bongtrees » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:41 am

Ann is a valued member of the forum and has given me many good computer tips and as such I was reluctant to contribute but I did because it was a huge error on her part to state that the murderer was English despite the fact that his nationality was not mentioned in the article something which raised a red flag to me.

A little later when someone suggested he was a mentalist she then slated the English (sic) NHS. Nobody AFAIK refers to it as being English so another red flag.

I just dont understand all this mawkish behaviour and the blame game. It is dangerous and should be discouraged mis/dis information is not usefull and could lead to all sorts of trouble.

I do hope that Ann and the women of Coin have made it clear to all their neighbours that the murderer was not English or British but somehow I doubt that they have.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:15 am

AF you put the link on and as such anyone is entitled to comment on it's content.

Coín has a population of cerc. 22,000 so I doubt that everyone knew him, there are 600 in my village and I don't know everyone.

I am not heartless, it is a terrible thing to happen to someones Son. Happening allover the world, a youth was murded in Cádiz last week. It doesn't make it any less tragic if it's on homeground!

BTW 60 British people are murdered abroad every year

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:18 am

White Horse wrote:
annfoto wrote:A 23 year old was brutally murdered in Bournmouth yesterday, his English flatmate has been arrested.
Sergio Marquez Retamar, who was an only child, had gone to the UK to work and learn English.
What makes this even more tragic is that the last young Coíneña murdered 9 years ago at the August feria was also killed by an Englishman.
I am not English but however I am British and I am thoroughly ashamed.
I feel for that poor family. :(
As this thread was started on a false premise that Sergio was murdered by an English person - and seems to becoming confrontational, perhaps it has run its course.
Yes I think so too!

masterob
Andalucia Guru

Postby masterob » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:19 am

A little later when someone suggested he was a mentalist she then slated the English (sic) NHS. Nobody AFAIK refers to it as being English so another red flag.
You are actually incorrect. The NHS is administered separately in England, Wales and Scotland! The services provided and charges levied vary in each country.

Footprint
Resident

Postby Footprint » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:26 am

The red flag for me was the references to 'English' and when that was proved wrong it was moved to 'England'. I don't expect for one minute it was intentional but I thought that kind of racial antipathy had disappeared eons ago.
You can spend, minutes, hours, days, weeks or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened - or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the f**k on.

masterob
Andalucia Guru

Postby masterob » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:49 am

Footprint, if I was given a euro for each time someone here uses English/England when they really mean British I would be a very happy Welshman! A quick glance through posts bring up references to an English Passport, an English Driving Licence, an English car etc etc. So, it works both ways.

The difference here is that the above English references are just ignorant. Whereas, Annfoto was previously highlighting the difference between healthcare in Scotland and England which DO exist. An apology from those who doubted Annfoto would not go amiss!! :shock:

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:01 am

White Horse wrote:
I agree.

Thread closed.

Sid