Think my postings count is going to rocket!

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Think my postings count is going to rocket!

Postby IreneD » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:14 pm

Possibly I should put this in Amigo's lounge although I do have something to impart which may be relevant to Andalucia. (But move it if you like, Sid)

We flew back to Spain yesterday after a couple of months in the U.K. and I was in agony! About 3 weeks ago, I did something to my shoulder which I mentioned to my doc.when going for blood test results (unconnected to my shoulder) and he says it's 'just' a pulled muscle. It's got steadily worse and now I'm back I'm going to stop being brave as I've only got my OH to consider :lol: and I'm going to properly rest it. Had to get out and about visiting family prior to leaving the U.K. so it's good to be back and be able to do nowt - I am having the whole day in bed today! So I will be on the computer LOADS!! :lol: I will no doubt be driving you all crazy with lots of posts.

When we were between a rock and a hard place re. what to do about a health issue, we got signed up with https://www.getsimplecare.es/ - looks like I might be checking them out if my shoulder doesn't get better!

I was so looking forward to seeing my mountains but we are shrouded in cloud today.......hopefully it will pick up soon, I will check the weather forecast.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Think my postings count is going to rocket!

Postby El Cid » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:32 pm

Glad to have you back Irene.

Your post is fine where it is but if you start some new threads I an sure you will put them in the right place. If they aren't too relevant to Andalucia then put them in the Lounge - most members have access to it.

Yes, the Simplecare service does seem to offer a good alternative to expensive private insurance. I have a friend who needed a gall bladder op and got a very reasonable price through them to have it done privately.

Sid

gus-lopez
Resident

Postby gus-lopez » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:47 pm

Isn't that what used to be the Hospital Savings Association ?
Todos somos Lorca.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:03 pm

gus-lopez wrote:Isn't that what used to be the Hospital Savings Association ?
Nothing remotely to do with the HSA. That became "Simplyhealth" which is a UK company - this company is based in Spain.

Sid

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:09 pm

Hope your soon feeling your old self Irene :)
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:37 pm

Thanks Sid and Julie :)

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:44 pm

Start warming that weather up Irene - we're coming out a week on Friday :D
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:03 pm

It does seem to be warming up for the first week in March, Chrissie, I have family coming out then, too, so I sure hope so. Fingers crossed!

Footprint
Resident

Postby Footprint » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:31 am

I think I brought the sun back here to the UK leaving rain in it's place in Spain :lol:
You can spend, minutes, hours, days, weeks or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened - or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the f**k on.

anis
Resident

Postby anis » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:37 am

Welcome back Irene, you've been through the wars with health issues lately ! Hope your shoulder gets better with some well earned rest.

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:08 pm

Thanks Anis :) I slept better last night - think the pain is easing now that I'm back in Spain (although the 2 large medicinal ;) glasses of vino might have helped). Footprint, we should meet up for coffee one of these days when we're both in Lincolnshire at the same time :thumbup: It was a lovely, crisp, clear, sunny day when we left - enjoy the sunshine, it's not bad here today either and I can see the mountains! yaaaay!

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:03 pm

Hi Irene. Post as much as you like but watch you don't get RSI in the other shoulder. :D

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:22 pm

Yes, I'll be careful Lavanda :thumbup: Actually, I've decided on mind over matter - forced myself out yesterday and had a 40 minute walk at the coast in the warm sunshine. Normally I'd totally enjoy that but walking around feeling a knife is in my back, distracted me slightly. I am glad I did it, though - I've been giving in to the pain and feeling extremely sorry for myself. OH must be heartily sick of me giving him a minute by minute account of how bad it is. Zipping it today :silent:

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:24 pm

Glad you are back in Spain Irene. I have just come back from a frozen few days in Blighty and now it's pouring here .... I'm not really complaining though as it hasn't rained for ages! It's just that we have run out of firewood and now our neighbour's cuttings that he so kindly gives us will be all wet :thumbdown: .

Have you thought about having some physio on your shoulder. I have a recurring muscle problem that puts me in absolute agony at times and have resorted to physio or osteopathy at times, that's if the Diclofenac doesn't work!

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:12 pm

Hi Wicksey - welcome back :) I gather it's been good weather here for several weeks and this week has turned colder with rain. It is much warmer than the U.K. of course, I'm not grumbling. Thanks for the suggestion of a physio - if my shoulder is no better by next week, I will be asking you for a recommendation.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:07 pm

IreneD wrote:Hi Wicksey - welcome back :) I gather it's been good weather here for several weeks and this week has turned colder with rain. It is much warmer than the U.K. of course, I'm not grumbling. Thanks for the suggestion of a physio - if my shoulder is no better by next week, I will be asking you for a recommendation.
My OH had a problem with his shoulder a few years ago after slipping in the shower. The doctor recommended 10 sessions of physiotherapy - he rang around a few places and eventually settled on Clinica Rincon in Torre del Mar, the cost was 25€ per session (90 minutes). He went each day Monday-Friday for 2 weeks, and said it felt easier each day from the first day onwards. After 2 weeks his shoulder was completely better and the problem has not returned.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:32 pm

I had a frozen shoulder last year, very painful. I got physio free, got better as suddenly as it started.

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:06 pm

Thanks, Free at Last, that's very helpful, will bear it in mind. My Googling tells me shoulder muscle tears ( if it is that) can take 4 - 6 weeks to heal and it will be 4 weeks on Monday so if there's no improvement by next week will have to do something. Clinica Rincon is on Simplecare's list so hopefully I'd get it cheaper. Katy, frozen shoulder is worse than what I've got, I believe - I do still have full range of movement at least - good to know physio helped you, I reckon that's where I'm headed.

ron
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ron » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:52 pm

The problem with torn muscles is that you can get scar tissue in the muscle and you will always then feel it. Get it checked ASAP.

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:14 pm

Thanks for the advice, Ron. Is there aything that can be done if that happens? I am trying to do the 'active rest' as advised on various websites, resting my shoulder but also making sure I keep full range of movement with gentle exercise. It is better than it was, thank goodness, but still a long way from feeling rightm