George Clooney

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
IreneD
Andalucia Guru

George Clooney

Postby IreneD » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:44 pm

http://www.theolivepress.es/spain-news/ ... -marbella/

He's not really my cup of tea but I bet a lot of ladies in Marbella will be looking forward to seeing him out and about!

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: George Clooney

Postby costakid » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:47 pm

your probably not his type either

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:02 pm

How do you know, costakid :wink: - he might fall madly in love with me :lol:

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:23 pm

Having seen the house he bought on Lake Como (only from the water as a gawping tourist, I hasten to add :lol: ), I can't imagine why he'd want to swap that for Marbella! I wouldn't complain if I ran into him in the street, he comes across as a nice person as well as easy on the eye. :)

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:34 pm

I was surprised too, Free at Last. I haven't been to Lake Como but spent a wonderful 2 weeks in a town on the shores of Lake Garda, stunningly beautiful and I'm sure Lake Como must be as well.

Yes, he does seem lovely I agree. I gather his friend Antonio Banderas has a house close by, perhaps he influenced him. A trend might be starting, perhaps Johnny Depp will be next......... :thumbup:

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:35 pm

Reminds me of several years ago there was a bit of excitement in the book department of El Corte Inglés in Marbella. Well all the girls seemed excited, seemingly the guy with the ponytail was Antonio Banderas, he looked pretty ordinary to me I have to say! :lol: To his credit, he had a pile of books to pay for, but spent quite some time signing autographs for the staff and customers.
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:58 pm

I wonder if George will be filing a 720 next year? :wtf:

What on earth would possess someone who could buy and live anywhere he likes in the world, to choose Marbella? I wonder if his mate Antonio mentioned to him about losing part of his property to the Junta demolition gang? I noticed that in some press conference or other, when asked about that little matter, he said he would not comment because he didn't want to give the papers the opportunity to print negative things about his homeland. Err....you just did, Antonio!
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:27 pm

Free at Last wrote:Having seen the house he bought on Lake Como (only from the water as a gawping tourist, I hasten to add :lol: ), I can't imagine why he'd want to swap that for Marbella! .
I have seen photos of Clooney's Lake Como place and I am sceptical. It is a world away from Marbella. Won't be the first time a celeb was claimed to be buying but didn't. I remember Bill gates was supposed to be buying an apartment in Malta :lol: Banderas is different as his mother lives in Fuengirola, word is that he is rarely at his Los Monteros home although he is now back in spain more since his career is failing.

Perhaps the persistant gay rumours have driven Clooney from Italy :think:

ladymuck
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ladymuck » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:04 pm

alhairn el grande has one of the status quo and john claude van damm so I was told :crazy:

and me of course :wink:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:26 pm

ladymuck wrote:alhairn el grande has one of the status quo and john claude van damm so I was told :crazy:

I think a member of Status Quo used to post on here years ago. May have been Rick Parfitt. Forgot his nick.

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:29 pm

Rumour has it that the new pope has bought a timeshare in Benalmadena.
Dave

copperfish
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby copperfish » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:32 am

Mowser wrote:Rumour has it that the new pope has bought a timeshare in Benalmadena.
:lolno:

RichardCoeurdeLion
Andalucia Guru

Postby RichardCoeurdeLion » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:10 pm

katy wrote:
ladymuck wrote:alhairn el grande has one of the status quo and john claude van damm so I was told :crazy:

I think a member of Status Quo used to post on here years ago. May have been Rick Parfitt. Forgot his nick.

possibly confusing with keddyboy who is the animals drummer

seems to have disapeared

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:30 pm

You are probably correct. Rick Parfitt lives in Spain. I put two and two together and made 22 :lol:

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:35 pm

Good actor though.

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:01 pm

"I think a member of Status Quo used to post on here years ago. May have been Rick Parfitt. Forgot his nick."

"Sick as a parrott" ?

anyroads

v.dubber
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby v.dubber » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:44 pm

Johnny Depp has a place in Benamaurel.
Cave info: http://caveliving.forummotion.com
Inland Spain: http://inlandspain.forumotion.com

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:19 pm

I love Johnny Depp! More in his Captain Jack persona than Willy Wonka :D . I didn't know he had a place in Andalucia.........I've Googled but maybe it's a closely guarded secret :thumbup:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:04 pm

He seems to have a lot of other places :D

Depp divided his time amongst their home in Meudon, located in the suburbs of Paris; two homes in Los Angeles; an island he bought in The Bahamas; their £500,000 ($1m) townhouse in Bath, Somerset and their villa in Le Plan-de-la-Tour, a small town 20 km from Saint-Tropez, in the south of France. Depp also acquired a vineyard estate in the Plan-de-la-Tour area in 2007. Several reports indicated Depp bought Burnham Westgate Hall in Norfolk, England, a 13-bedroom Georgian country house, in June 2011.

Chunky Monky
Resident

Postby Chunky Monky » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:32 am

anyroads wrote:"I think a member of Status Quo used to post on here years ago. May have been Rick Parfitt. Forgot his nick."

"Sick as a parrott" ?

anyroads

WTF does this mean?

'anyroads' continually comes up with (imho) stupid and 'silly' comments that don't really apply to the previous threads.

I think some people should take a little time and care, to at least read and spell-check their posts before clicking 'Submit'