UKIP looking ok :)

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
katy
Andalucia Guru

Re: UKIP looking ok :)

Postby katy » Sun May 25, 2014 4:35 pm

we might expect our Spanish neighbours to be similarly hostile - fortunately they are more open minded and tolerant something seemingly missing in the UKIP lot! Let's face it Spain isn't without the unpleasant side of British yobs during the summer months.

Could that be because the British are spending their hard earned cash in Spain, infact in some cases their life savings :problem: Don't see any benefit tourists in Axarquia do you! I wonder how they would feel if there were 4000 new benefit claimants coming into Spain every month and receiving rent free casas, health care etc. Goodness me, they only lost at basketball to Israel and thousands of Spaniards have posted death threats to jews. Spain are just below Ukraine in the racism list.

Do you know what I find odd...that expats living in an overtly racist (or as some apologisers like to call it xenaphobic) country that Spain is, comes on here not to debate political differences but to pull the race card. All that has been missing is the bigot word although I am sure it won't be long in appearing.

Know what, I shan't be here to see it because it's fine for people to come on here and call UKIP racist...well hang on... thats most of us on here...we are UKIP, we voted for them. So...I resent being called racist every two minutes on a petty forum and not being able to retaliate...I am on Twitter and getting lots of followers and real debate...I am out of here and will be opening the Bolly tonight...so long :wave:

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Sun May 25, 2014 4:57 pm

The majority of people who are living in Spain are retired and paying into the economy, the Spanish are in the UK looking for work, and more are arriving now with families as they can take advantage of the system in the UK, the fault lies with the system, but meanwhile UK is in EU nothing will change, It Is surprising to hear that some people who have commented can not see the problem when visiting the UK, maybe thats because they are in visiting mode and not living in UK mode, a lot like the retired people in Spain from the UK who live in British ghettos and think Spain is wonderful and safe for all with no problems, ignorance is bliss, sad really that anyone who against UKIP blames a newspaper and still can not see the problems that people are experiencing in the UK. If the UK doesn't leave EU I doubt anything will change, good to see it is becoming more acceptable to voice one's concerns and not be classed as a racist, well apart from the people who are not being affected by the rapid changes that are occurring in the UK. I think now even more people will support UKIP as voicing ones concerned becomes more acceptable, the fact remains that if 50 people jump in a lifeboat made for 10 it would sink, the problem that the free movement of people in the EU have caused has now shook people up, local services in a lot of places in the UK are shutting or overrun, but unless it affects one directly then one doesn't feel the Impact. I voted UKIP in order that we may be able to leave the EU not as a protest vote, and I hope lots of other people follow. The fact that UKIP members are being reported for everything one does wrong is no surprised, but if you looks up facts you will see by % it is far less than the % of members of the main parties, the only difference is that that is not being reported to the world and his wife, maybe what mainstream members do is ok, or not worth reporting, it wouldn't have the same impact, people who are against UKIP have their own opinion and that is fine, just sad that so many who don't support UKIP appear to want to sling mud, well as the saying goes, everything that goes around comes around, maybe he who laughs last will laugh the longest.
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

JWhite
Resident

Postby JWhite » Sun May 25, 2014 5:09 pm

Julie,

Hear, hear !!

It was reported recently in the press that in 2 yrs time, it will be normal for people seeking GP appointments to have to wait 2 weeks :shock: It's not as if you can go to A & E which if not shutting because they can't cope is overloaded and leaving people on trollies to die !

People who castigate UKIP as you say don't live with the problem. We have over 1 million kids who can't get jobs, yet 212,000 net immigration came into the UK so unless they are all after jobs (which if you don't speak English and are unskilled, you are probably not) then you have 212,000 taking benefits, houses, school places, and public services EVERY YEAR. Councils are now charging to remove garden rubbish, libraries are closing, swimming pools are closing and public services are diminishing at a rapid rate.

In two months time we will have approx. another half million kids coming out of schools plus universities all looking for jobs. No chance ! People coming in unskilled are being brought in by AGENCIES who promise them work at below minimum wage, so much for the employment wage councils who are supposed to prosecute all those companies employing people below the minimum wage. Zero hr contracts (1 million of them) not promising you ANY no. of hours so no way you can pay your bills if you are the only worker in a house and these are just some of the benefits of our multicultural hell hole ! If you get offered a part time job on a temporary basis on minimum wage you feel like you have won the pools, such is the state of employments in the UK !

Spain also has it bad I know but they don't offer the benefits the UK does which is absolutely a joke! I have 5 nieces and nephews nearing 30 yrs of age with a less than nil chance of social housing and cannot afford to rent so are still at home and will likely be there until they retire !!

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Sun May 25, 2014 5:13 pm

Julie wrote: The fact that UKIP members are being reported for everything one does wrong is no surprised, but if you looks up facts you will see by % it is far less than the % of members of the main parties, the only difference is that that is not being reported to the world and his wife, maybe what mainstream members do is ok, or not worth reporting,
How do you work that one out, when the papers and TV news have been full of Ed Miliband's gaffes in being caught out not knowing how much his family spends a week on groceries, not knowing the name of the Labour leader in Swindon, and looking a prat posing eating a bacon sandwich?

In spite of him, Lord Ashcroft's poll of voters in key marginal seats puts Labour in place to win a 30 seat majority at the General Election (without counting any formerly Lib Dem held seats they may win - and I really can't see any significant number of Lib Dem voters lurching so far to the right as to vote for UKIP) - with 51% of those polled who voted UKIP in these elections saying they would not vote for them at the General Election.

JWhite
Resident

Postby JWhite » Sun May 25, 2014 5:39 pm

With all due respect, eating a bacon sandwich the wrong way or not knowing the cost of your shopping is hardly a comparison to calling someone a racist or a homophobe. In fact just recently apparently 17 members of the other 3 parties members were arrested (note the word "arrested" meaning crimes committed) for all sorts of crimes including racism, thieving, etc. NOT ONE SINGLE WORD IN THE PRESS THOUGH ! The knives have been out for UKIP ever since their rise to popularity in the last few months and really only goes to show the amount of EU money and 3 party money backing that is paid to the media including the BBC and the major tabloids to publicise and demonise the slightest comment made by a UKIP member.

masterob
Andalucia Guru

Postby masterob » Sun May 25, 2014 6:12 pm

Originally posted by Katy -

Know what, I shan't be here to see it because it's fine for people to come on here and call UKIP racist...well hang on... thats most of us on here...we are UKIP, we voted for them. So...I resent being called racist every two minutes on a petty forum and not being able to retaliate...I am on Twitter and getting lots of followers and real debate...I am out of here and will be opening the Bolly tonight...so long :wave:
katy Andalucia Guru Posts: 9355Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 3:45 pm
Calm down dear!
I must admit that I'm not sure why you are here as I understand you left Spain for the wonderful pastures of England! Clearly they are not so wonderful after all!
I don't care who you vote for in the UK, I just question why you and others feel the need to rant on about immigrants in the UK on a Forum dedicated to Spain/Andalucía and intended for those either living here, intending to move here or just visit. Wouldn't your "issues" be best discussed with like minded people in the Daily Heil or wherever you lot vent your fury and so leaving us here to enjoy life free from your stresses?

JWhite
Resident

Postby JWhite » Sun May 25, 2014 6:19 pm

So if the UK leave the EU, it is of no interest to you then? No British pension, no family you will want to visit, no ties to the UK ?

I think you will find a lot of Brits in Spain will be very worried if the worst happens (or rather the best as far as I can see) and the UK leaves the EU. It will affect very many people living in Spain. :wink:

Nimrod
Resident

Postby Nimrod » Sun May 25, 2014 6:30 pm

masterob don't rant on,you've got a choice,you don't have to read it.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Sun May 25, 2014 6:35 pm

JWhite wrote:With all due respect, eating a bacon sandwich the wrong way or not knowing the cost of your shopping is hardly a comparison to calling someone a racist or a homophobe. In fact just recently apparently 17 members of the other 3 parties members were arrested (note the word "arrested" meaning crimes committed) for all sorts of crimes including racism, thieving, etc. NOT ONE SINGLE WORD IN THE PRESS THOUGH ! The knives have been out for UKIP ever since their rise to popularity in the last few months and really only goes to show the amount of EU money and 3 party money backing that is paid to the media including the BBC and the major tabloids to publicise and demonise the slightest comment made by a UKIP member.
It's complete and utter nonsense to claim that the misdemeanours of other parties' representatives aren't reported in the press - how did you miss these, to quote just a few?

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-cornwall-27195890

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... ating.html

There was another female Councillor forced to resign very recently after remarks she made regarding rape victims were widely publicised - for some reason my PC won't let me link to the article.

What UKIP and its' candidates seem incapable of grasping is that if they want to play in the big league, they are going to be subjected to the same level of scrutiny of everything they do and say as all other politicians are.

What's your source for claiming that 17 members (was that just members, or candidates, or elected representatives, by the way?) of the other 3 parties had been arrested, if not a word has been published about it in the press?

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sun May 25, 2014 6:40 pm

Julie, the points you raise have already been dealt with on here somewhere and I wrote to Farage and, no, he doesn't want a million ex-pats coming back to the UK all looking for houses, healthcare, etc. so we do NOT have a problem with the UK leaving the EU. As Sid pointed out the UK would still be in the EFTA or some such thing, I forget which, but PLEASE can we stop going around in circles?

Katy, are you leaving for tonight or forever? Seems a bit drastic. You've endured a lot worse on here quite stoically. Enjoy the bolly and post tomorrow to crow about the coming UKiP victory. :thumbup:

PS I really want a UKiP victory because if the UK leaves the EU it sets the precedent for other countries to look and see how it's done. With luck the EU, in its present form, will break up and with it the euro. Spain can then get back to being the successful paradise it was BEFORE it joined the euro and I can continue to live my dream life here in peace and quiet. See? Not silly voting UKiP, is it?

masterob
Andalucia Guru

Postby masterob » Sun May 25, 2014 6:42 pm

Originally posted by JWhite-
You are comparing Apples with Oranges and expecting to get the same result :roll:

You might not be bothered about UKIP, why would you, unless they gain power and we exit the EU which would be of very big importance to you no doubt. As for what relevance it has to me on this board, my daughter and her partner have just moved to Costa Del Sol, and as in line with every other British person, sold their property, are looking for jobs (not being entitled to benefits which they do not expect), and will be contributing to the Spanish economy by means of the money they take with them and what they will earn !! So what happens with UKIP is important to me, my family and I should hope every Brit living in the EU :x

As for you not noticing anything when you return to the UK, you obviously do not return to Birmingham, Manchester, Bradford, Leicester, Leeds, Liverpool, East London and many parts of the West Midlands, when no doubt you would be of a completely different opinion !

That enough reason for you ?
I'm not comparing anything merely questioning why you find it necessary to post on a Forum about Andalucía mostly populated by people who are themselves immigrants in Spain! Wouldn't it be better to do so somewhere where like minded people gather to vent their bias against foreigners?
So if the UK leave the EU, it is of no interest to you then? No British pension, no family you will want to visit, no ties to the UK ?

I think you will find a lot of Brits in Spain will be very worried if the worst happens (or rather the best as far as I can see) and the UK leaves the EU. It will affect very many people living in Spain.
Now you are being ridiculous! Since when has British membership of the EU determined the payment of Pensions? I don't recall Canada, the USA etc. being in the EU and yet British State Pensions are paid there! As to families not wanting to visit, I'm flabbergasted by such nonsense! If you got that from UKIP I despair!
Nimrod wrote-
masterob don't rant on,you've got a choice,you don't have to read it.
What is your definition of "rant"? Do you include those above extoling the dire consequences of UK immigration? yes I can ignore them in the same way as you can ignore my "rants" as you put it!

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun May 25, 2014 6:50 pm

masterob wrote:
Originally posted by Katy -

katy Andalucia Guru Posts: 9355Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 3:45 pm
Calm down dear!
I must admit that I'm not sure why you are here as I understand you left Spain for the wonderful pastures of England! Clearly they are not so wonderful after all!
I don't care who you vote for in the UK, I just question why you and others feel the need to rant on about immigrants in the UK on a Forum dedicated to Spain/Andalucía and intended for those either living here, intending to move here or just visit. Wouldn't your "issues" be best discussed with like minded people in the Daily Heil or wherever you lot vent your fury and so leaving us here to enjoy life free from your stresses?
Not that old chestnut...when you have lost the debate question the posters qualifications....can this forum be choosy...yes it can but lets be honest, it's all but died if you take away the tele problems. yes you can enjoy life free from stresses unlike the 300,000 left with an illegal unsellable home. But lets not talk about the war :silent: I don't want to gloat but this month Zoopla tells me my UK home has risen £84,000 since bought about 14 months ago, just had a fab holiday in Nice and in Spain in June (hey does that qualify me to post in this closed clique :wink: :lol: ). No immigrants where I live, (and the South downs is truly wonderful) except a nice Indian family running the village shop...I am sorry but I want it to stay that way. Those of you who think it's racist not to be happy with Roma as neighbours then live with them....

Lavanda...I meant the thread, just sick of all the stupid links going on and on and on, particularly when the main news yesterday was about the Lib Damns defending a pedeo. UKIP has done well, get over it some of you what is your problem if you live in paradise :wave:

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sun May 25, 2014 7:00 pm

JWhite wrote:
You are comparing Apples with Oranges and expecting to get the same result :roll:

You might not be bothered about UKIP, why would you, unless they gain power and we exit the EU which would be of very big importance to you no doubt. As for what relevance it has to me on this board, my daughter and her partner have just moved to Costa Del Sol, and as in line with every other British person, sold their property, are looking for jobs (not being entitled to benefits which they do not expect), and will be contributing to the Spanish economy by means of the money they take with them and what they will earn !! So what happens with UKIP is important to me, my family and I should hope every Brit living in the EU

You are comparing Apples with Oranges
There you go again.
Your daughter might not be entitled to benefits in Spain but I am.I have also been entitled to medical treatment since day 1
This constant rhetoric that all EU immigrants to the UK are only there to sponge of the state is totally incorrect. It is a fact that non UK citizens are net contributers to the system
JWhite wrote: As for you not noticing anything when you return to the UK, you obviously do not return to Birmingham, Manchester, Bradford, Leicester, Leeds, Liverpool, East London and many parts of the West Midlands, when no doubt you would be of a completely different opinion !
So what am I supposed to be looking for?

masterob
Andalucia Guru

Postby masterob » Sun May 25, 2014 7:03 pm

Katy, I thought that after throwing your toys out in a hissy fit you had departed but I guess not before wanting the last word! My pleasure!

P.S I'm not debating anything beyond asking what relevance the dislike of foreigners in the UK has to do with a Forum whose role according to the banner above:
"The Andalucia.com forums are intended for those looking for information or resources in Andalucia and Southern Spain."

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sun May 25, 2014 7:07 pm

katy wrote:
UKIP has done well, get over it some of you what is your problem if you live in paradise :wave:
Yeah, a bit like Dorking FC getting to the first round of the FA cup

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Sun May 25, 2014 7:20 pm

I personally am not ranting on, but yes we are having a discussion as we all have interest in Andalusia and this is a common meeting ground were for some years we have met and chatted, maybe it would be better if you don't like the thread to not read it. If you read what was happening in Spain you would probably comment on that, you're insinuating that life is good and stress free in Spain, for you it maybe, but for millions of Spanish people that is not the case, they play a part in all this conversation, as they are moving to UK in numbers now, so if we have to involve Spain into the thread we will use that as the link, thereby continuing our conversation or as you would prefer to see it, our rant :crazy:
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Sun May 25, 2014 7:23 pm

JWhite wrote:So if the UK leave the EU, it is of no interest to you then? No British pension, no family you will want to visit, no ties to the UK ?

I think you will find a lot of Brits in Spain will be very worried if the worst happens (or rather the best as far as I can see) and the UK leaves the EU. It will affect very many people living in Spain. :wink:
Is it in the UKIP manifesto now that state pensions will not be paid to British citizens living abroad, and British citizens will be prevented from re-entering the country? Does Nigel know - after all, he's already been forced to publicly jettison their last manifesto, describing it as "twaddle".

Oh, and to quote your previous post "arrested, meaning crimes committed" - are UKIP ditching the concept of "innocent until proven guilty", as well, so anyone who is arrested will automatically be assumed to be guilty? I suppose it's on cost savings grounds, is it, to save the cost of a court case and all that unnecessary carry on?

Honestly, by spouting such rubbish you do the Party you support no favours at all.

masterob
Andalucia Guru

Postby masterob » Sun May 25, 2014 7:54 pm

Julie wrote:
I personally am not ranting on, but yes we are having a discussion as we all have interest in Andalusia and this is a common meeting ground were for some years we have met and chatted, maybe it would be better if you don't like the thread to not read it. If you read what was happening in Spain you would probably comment on that, you're insinuating that life is good and stress free in Spain, for you it maybe, but for millions of Spanish people that is not the case, they play a part in all this conversation, as they are moving to UK in numbers now, so if we have to involve Spain into the thread we will use that as the link, thereby continuing our conversation or as you would prefer to see it, our rant :crazy:

Yes of course, I understand the rationale of discussions (or to use your buzz word "conversations") about a common UK/Andalucía interest but I'm not clear how posting about the delights of UKIP; about those nasty foreigners taking British jobs; problems with the NHS et al has to do with the aim of the Forum!

I've no idea where you get the idea that those of us living here are unaware of the state of the Spanish economy including unemployment levels. They are far more relevant and important to many here (and to the Forum) than the length of time you in the UK have to wait for a doctors appointment (to quote from your earlier post (oops,sorry) conversation! :)

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun May 25, 2014 8:23 pm

masterob wrote:Katy, I thought that after throwing your toys out in a hissy fit you had departed but I guess not before wanting the last word! My pleasure!

P.S I'm not debating anything beyond asking what relevance the dislike of foreigners in the UK has to do with a Forum whose role according to the banner above:
"The Andalucia.com forums are intended for those looking for information or resources in Andalucia and Southern Spain."
Why ask me :?: I did not start the thread or restart it. Most threads I have started on here are about Andalucia. Have you looked at all the threads recently, wouldn't take long! Find one where I personally have gone on about the UK FIRST. Suprisingly I am quite interested about discussing Spanish current affairs but seems not many others are. The more posters that some of you drive off this forum hasn't improved it. If you don't want to discuss the UK then ignore it like everyone ignores the Spain bad news ones and then they die a death like this one would.

Can I ask something? What is the agenda of someone who posts on at least three forums with the latest gaff by UKIP they have found after trawling the internet and then inform us they have voted in Spain. If it bothers them so much why didn't they vote in the UK

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun May 25, 2014 8:33 pm

Free at Last wrote:.[/quote

What's your source for claiming that 17 members (was that just members, or candidates, or elected representatives, by the way?) of the other 3 parties had been arrested, if not a word has been published about it in the press?
Well it was on BBC and I think I have put the link on too, perhaps you missed it :|

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQXWUmagwm8