Shopping in UK o Spain

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
gus-lopez
Resident

Re: Shopping in UK o Spain

Postby gus-lopez » Mon May 20, 2013 6:37 am

frank wrote: I'll try and keep this simple for you, the post you have quoted refers solely to the price of second hand cars in Spain as told by some Spanish people. According to them, they are very expensive, their opinion, not mine! GL, not surprisingly, disagreed and told us prices have dropped 30-40%, :? hence my comment, I'd rather believe the informed Spanish opinion than some biased expat. Feel free to witter on about something that had nothing to do with the post in question if you like, but you'll be waisting your time.
To me the price of beer , mars bars, etc; has nothing to do with shopping , whereas the price of diesel,trailers ,vehicles, spares,Etc; which I buy every week , is the thing that concerns me most.
When I can ship in from the UK , including delivery,auto additives far cheaper than buying from the Spanish distributor in Malaga it shows you that they are still in dreamland down there.
Todos somos Lorca.

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Mon May 20, 2013 8:36 am

Frank will agree with anyone who says that Spain is pish.
Dave

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Mon May 20, 2013 10:39 am

Mowser wrote:Frank will agree with anyone who says that Spain is pish.
Frank will disagree with anyone that tries to tell me everything in Spain is *beep* dorey, everything is cheap as chips, everything is so much better than UK. Having been visiting Spain for nearly 30 years, there's still a lot I like about the place, but I'd rather believe what I read/watch in the Spanish media/hear from Spanish conversations with the Spanish, rather than accept the sugar coated version put out by some expats. Reading the Spanish press, they have no problems telling it like it is, it only seems it's expats that have a problem admitting that everything is not perfect. Watch the Spanish news, watch Comando Actualidad, Salvados etc, they don't pull any punches, they tell it warts and all. Trouble is most will be too busy watching UK soaps.
PS. I agree with this one.
http://blogs.elconfidencial.com/economi ... ataca-8412
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Mon May 20, 2013 10:58 am

Frank will disagree with anyone that tries to tell me everything in Spain is hunky-dory
(spelling corrected)

Anyone who says Spain is hunky-dory is living in cloud cuckoo land.
Dave

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon May 20, 2013 11:13 am

gus-lopez wrote:
frank wrote: I'll try and keep this simple for you, the post you have quoted refers solely to the price of second hand cars in Spain as told by some Spanish people. According to them, they are very expensive, their opinion, not mine! GL, not surprisingly, disagreed and told us prices have dropped 30-40%, :? hence my comment, I'd rather believe the informed Spanish opinion than some biased expat. Feel free to witter on about something that had nothing to do with the post in question if you like, but you'll be waisting your time.
To me the price of beer , mars bars, etc; has nothing to do with shopping , whereas the price of diesel,trailers ,vehicles, spares,Etc; which I buy every week , is the thing that concerns me most.
When I can ship in from the UK , including delivery,auto additives far cheaper than buying from the Spanish distributor in Malaga it shows you that they are still in dreamland down there.
I'm not a drinker or smoker so both don't affect me. Mars bars are another thing altogether as I'm a bit of a chocoholic.
Of course if I was biased, I would say that they are cheaper in Spain but I prefer to be truthful.
Chocolate is something that's always been more expensive in Spain and any spare space in my suitcase are used to bring it back

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon May 20, 2013 11:50 am

frank wrote:
Mowser wrote:Frank will agree with anyone who says that Spain is pish.
Frank will disagree with anyone that tries to tell me everything in Spain is *beep* dorey, everything is cheap as chips, everything is so much better than UK. Having been visiting Spain for nearly 30 years, there's still a lot I like about the place, but I'd rather believe what I read/watch in the Spanish media/hear from Spanish conversations with the Spanish, rather than accept the sugar coated version put out by some expats. Reading the Spanish press, they have no problems telling it like it is, it only seems it's expats that have a problem admitting that everything is not perfect. Watch the Spanish news, watch Comando Actualidad, Salvados etc, they don't pull any punches, they tell it warts and all. Trouble is most will be too busy watching UK soaps.
PS. I agree with this one.
http://blogs.elconfidencial.com/economi ... ataca-8412
Wow, that's a weird post. In your so blinkered view,you've come to a strange conclusion. It's you that keeps bringing up the cheap as chips thingy.To my view that hasn't been the tone on the thread at all.

I speak with Spanish people every day of my life in both languages,I'm married to one. My son is more Spanish than English these days.I dislike the soaps etc I also dislike the sensational way Spanish do the news but I do watch it. I don't know where that puts me in your theory.
I am quite clear what I like about Spain and what I don't like.I don't need you or any newspapers to tell me otherwise because I can think for myself.
It's possible for a thread to develop as this one has done and it's clear that somethings are more expensive here and others there and that there are regional differences in prices. For example I don't need to buy car parts so it doesn't affect me but I like a mars bar so I can comment on it but for guz,the car parts are important, whereas chocolate isn't.

Your attitude regarding the Apple products sums you up. What's the difference between someone who refuses to buy something because some people are super fans of the product and the super fan? To me nothing. Both are the same. I prefer to make my own mind up.
Last edited by markwilding on Tue May 21, 2013 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Mon May 20, 2013 12:09 pm

UK: Some things are dearer than in Spain and some things are cheaper.
Spain: Some things are dearer than in the UK and some things are cheaper.
Anything else to add?
Dave

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon May 20, 2013 12:11 pm

Yes...can we have this thread closed, I'm fed up with it :wink: :mrgreen:

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Mon May 20, 2013 12:13 pm

Me too.
Dave

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Mon May 20, 2013 3:51 pm

Anyone else have an opinion on closing it or leaving it to peter out?

Sid

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Mon May 20, 2013 4:31 pm

El Cid wrote:Anyone else have an opinion on closing it or leaving it to peter out?

Sid
No, not really, either way, you're in charge! :thumbup: Never quite sure why people ask for threads to be closed though, if they are bored with it, just stop reading it. If nobody is interested, it'll die a natural death anyway.
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Mon May 20, 2013 4:42 pm

Dump it.
Dave

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon May 20, 2013 4:59 pm

frank wrote:
El Cid wrote:Anyone else have an opinion on closing it or leaving it to peter out?

Sid
No, not really, either way, you're in charge! :thumbup: Never quite sure why people ask for threads to be closed though, if they are bored with it, just stop reading it. If nobody is interested, it'll die a natural death anyway.
Well I did wink...I was mimicking someone else :lolno:

masterob
Andalucia Guru

Postby masterob » Mon May 20, 2013 6:36 pm

Close it! Don't know why it was opened in the first place! As has already been said, it's ridiculous to argue either way, what matters is a comparison of local prices.

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Mon May 20, 2013 8:48 pm

I thought it may of been of interest to some people, why people have to get so uptight because they are so opinionated is surprising to me, just don't read the thread, some people seems to see some post as us and them warfare :( buts its a good sign i suppose if all one has to worry about is someone else's opinion :)
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Mon May 20, 2013 9:04 pm

Random sentence generator in use again?
Dave

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon May 20, 2013 9:34 pm

Julie wrote:I thought it may of been of interest to some people, why people have to get so uptight because they are so opinionated is surprising to me, just don't read the thread, some people seems to see some post as us and them warfare :( buts its a good sign i suppose if all one has to worry about is someone else's opinion :)
Julie,
I don't think it was a bad thread and in general it's been quite light hearted.Nothing life changing was ever going to come of it.
If nothing else I now know how much I am paying per kilo of chicken fillets.

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Thu May 23, 2013 4:14 pm

So, what's this thread about ?

anyroads

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Thu May 30, 2013 3:42 pm

No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

gus-lopez
Resident

Postby gus-lopez » Thu May 30, 2013 10:31 pm

Julie wrote:http://www.vivireuropa.com/2013/05/cues ... unido.html
someone should have told him that he should have used Waitrose to compare with the dearest supermarket in spain, not Asda ! :lol:
Todos somos Lorca.