Doyouspain . . . . Yes or no ?

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
scotty
Resident

Doyouspain . . . . Yes or no ?

Postby scotty » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:18 pm

For the last four years i have always used helle Hollis. Now for no reason at all I'm tempted to try another supplier. Having seen all the comments here in the past I have looked at doyouspain.com. I selected full / full for the petrol and on airport collection. The list of cars cmes up and it shows the rental company in some of them. Avis & Alamo are the cheapest. So I assume you actually get the Avis one if you click on it ? I'm very windy about this having had such a good relationship with HH in the past. Any comments from people with experience of doyouspain in Malaga airport please.

Nimrod
Resident

Re: Doyouspain . . . . Yes or no ?

Postby Nimrod » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:43 pm

You can't click on an icon and get that company.
Whatever number of companies are left you'll get whichever one DYS allocate.
You can however request a change to the company you want.
I did a full/full comparison for my car hire in September and instead of the 60 odd euros I've got at the moment it worked out to over 150.
As I will use a full tank the full/empty thing doesn't bother me and I'm happy with Firefly.
Don't forget you can always cancel with no charge with DYS and keep getting quotes as the price will often drop.
I started at 111e and and am now down to 60 something.

andygwen04
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby andygwen04 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:03 pm

Hi Scotty,
I have used DYS a few times and they have been the cheapest around, plus I opted for the full/full option. DYS have never let me down and I would recommend them ( I'm not connected to them in any way)

Andy

Dr1Gonzo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Dr1Gonzo » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:28 pm

might be wrong but don;t think you can select full/full at Malaga and many other airports.
The standard is full/empty with a 90 euro charge.

Nimrod
Resident

Postby Nimrod » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:48 pm

You can select full/full at the airport but as stated in my earlier e mail the price is high .
DYS web site allows you to select full/full as an option

Colinm
Resident

Postby Colinm » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:18 pm

Nimrod wrote:You can't click on an icon and get that company.
you can de-select each company and then its vehicles are removed. If you deselect until only 1 company is left, then those cars relate to that company. Playing around with the select/de-select you can see what cars are available from which company.

Full/empty doesn't bother me because I go over for 10/12 days at a time and use all the fuel.

They do seem to give the best rates and the bonus of free cancellation is the clincher.

Like the Nimrod says, you can just keep booking and cancelling until the price bottoms out.

I have already cancelled 4 times for our October visit and the original €108 is now down to €62
ádh mór ort agus sláinte.....
(Good luck and good health)!

carrowcrin
Resident

Postby carrowcrin » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:00 pm

my current favourite in Malaga is malagacar.com, i sometimes call on the phone car trawler and get a quote based on what i want full/full insurance etc but it is an international call but sometimes works as i get exactly what i want...

slan

detourer
Resident

Postby detourer » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:29 pm

As mentioned before we are permanent hirers of two cars. DYS is our preferred supplier [after years with Arrow]

just renewed for 30 days at 203 euro per car and didn't look elsewhere for better deal.

Never had a problem.

Go to the grave in an attractive and well preserved body? Rather skid in sideways, women on each arm, champagne and credit card in each hand, body thoroughly used, abused, totally worn out and screaming …."WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE"

Nimrod
Resident

Postby Nimrod » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:20 am

Like colinm I am a great advocate of cancelling and rehiring with DYS to get the lowest price.
I did a quote this morning to test my hire in September and could save another 10e,getting the price down from 63 to 53e for 9 days but by eliminating companies on the web site it transpires the hire would be with Record.
As I have no desire to drive Del Boy's Reliant Robin on holiday I have stayed with Firefly.

Dr1Gonzo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Dr1Gonzo » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:07 am

I'm wondering if the cheaper companies that DYS use (mainly Record Rent a Car, Firefly) are actually cheaper. Once they add on on 90 euros for petrol instead of the 50 that the tank costs, etc. don't they end up the same as going with a standard company that doesn;t add on all the extras?

barracuda5
Tourist

Postby barracuda5 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:43 pm

I have recently been looking at car hire at Gibraltar and found that the companies I have previously used very expensive at about £18 per day in October.

Having looked around Do You Spain are about £100 cheaper for the same class of car for our 10 day hire.

However, looking at the small print DYS have a 1200 euro excess on their CWD whereas the other two have no excess.

So be careful out there.

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:55 pm

We had a hire car few times early this year and used DYS but we had our own excess insurance. I think it cost about 40-50€ for a year, so well worth it :thumbup: