Voluntary NI contributions (Class III)

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
Chica56
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Voluntary NI contributions (Class III)

Postby Chica56 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:43 pm

Since the banking procedures on transfers changed on FEbruary 1st, 2014, I think we can transfer between any bank account within the EU as all accounts require IBAN now (ie national and international transfers) and you can specify sterling or euros .......not tried it though. if not then an fx broker should be able to help

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:15 pm

I have a UK bank account, I don't have a cheque book (does anyone these days?) Online tranfers are so easy a 5 year old could do it, but apparently it's beyond the realms of understanding of your average HMRC admin clerk.
They rang back today, to say the reference numbers & area codes etc are only if paying by cheque. I can just use my NI number as reference for an online transfer.
Next, wait to see how long it takes for them to a) acknowledge they've either received or lost my payment and b) increase my pension accordingly.
Not holding my breath...... :evil:
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:26 pm

Quick update: HMRC confirmed they received my payment on the 12th Feb, but DW&P said they couldn't do anything until HMRC "allocate" my payment. I have rang several times since my last post, to both departments, the former telling me each time they will "allocate" and notify the latter within the next couple of days, and the latter saying they've received everything they need from me, but are awaiting confirmation from the former. Seriously, even Spain couldn't make such a mountain out of a molehill. :evil:
Today I got shirty :lolno: DW&P eventually said to hell with HMRC, they know I've paid and submitted the correct paperwork, and they sent me a fax (who uses fax these days??) confirming that my new pension will paid forthwith, back dated to the 12th Feb.
Almost 6 months to the day from when I started on this journey. Un-****ing believable. :twisted:
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

gus-lopez
Resident

Postby gus-lopez » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:13 pm

Chica56 wrote:I get really confused about this. I am a few years short of UK contributions limit for full pension but have 9 years of spanish contributions so it is worth my while adding to UK contributions? I am definitely not 9 years short of UK contributions.........so what is the best option for me?
You can't use spanish ones to add to UK ones. What you have got though is pensions that come under EU rules , (you have worked in more than one EU country) & therefore you'll get approximately 25% more from each country than a normal pension.

see here.
http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/wo ... dex_en.htm
Todos somos Lorca.