long shot

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
carrowcrin
Resident

long shot

Postby carrowcrin » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:36 am

A friend was asking me if it is possible to have a tile made up and painted to order in Spain, they want to get something unique for a wedding gift... it seems they were in Ronda (I think) in the past and bought some decorative tiles and are wondering if this is possible.
I am coming to Spain this Wednesday and will be travelling from Malaga to Huelva and back and hitting a few of the white villages so anywhere along that route... I have not made a definitive decision on the route yet but from looking there are not too many options with the mountains...

many thanks

eazbak
Resident

Re: long shot

Postby eazbak » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:03 am

I have seen the old style roof tiles hand painted in both Coin and Huelva, I'll try to dig out contact numbers and send you a PM later today if I can find the numbers.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:34 am

Hi,
We had a flat tile made with the house name on it from a ferretería.

You will need some time to get it done this is Spain.............. 8)
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

carrowcrin
Resident

Postby carrowcrin » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:04 am

thanks for replies, time is not a factor as its for wedding in July and neither is cost...
eazbak.... if you have address it may be better as my Spanish not good enough for phone but can work well enough to buy stuff in shops... as usual people will always help you to spend your money...

regards me...

eazbak
Resident

Postby eazbak » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:26 am

try this in facebook "su-teja" I think they are in Benalmadena

pilgrim2
Resident

Postby pilgrim2 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:28 am

There is a shop in Pilas (on the way to Huelva). If you are creative there is a place in Tomares, Sevilla near Leroy Merlin where you can buy all the stuff to do it yorurself, and not just tiles, they even have a Kiln where you can take your masterpiece to be fired.
If you would like directions just let me know. I dont know the name of the shop, but I do know how to get there!