amazon prime

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
gina59
Resident

amazon prime

Postby gina59 » Mon May 26, 2014 7:15 am

Just a warning, a month ago I ordered a book to be delivered to a address in uk, I pressed one day delivery, not realising I had signed up to a free month trial to prime. Checking my bank account the other day a payment of 99 euros had been taken out by amazon uk, I thought at first my account had been hacked, but it was for a years membership for prime, after a phone call they did refund the money, apparently this has been happening alot.
My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Re: amazon prime

Postby markwilding » Thu May 29, 2014 11:50 am

Amazon Prime shouldn't be confused with the premium service on the Spanish site.

It might be worth joining the Spanish service if you use Amazon quite a lot. The main benefit is many products are delivered free. 14.99 euros

It might be that the goods are sent from the UK, however, it often works out much cheaper buying it from the .es site.

gina59
Resident

Re: amazon prime

Postby gina59 » Thu May 29, 2014 5:21 pm

I use both Amazon.es and amazon uk. I have found that amazon es is more expensive on certain items, or they don't sell it. I had a relation at home and wanted next day delivery so that she could bring it back for me, hence my pressing on the next day delivery button. This has happened to quite a few people who have had £79 taken from their accounts after the trial period had expired, not realising that they had signed up for prime. (Another forum). Thanks for your reply though.
My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.