Knight Insurance – bankrupt?

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
jukim
Resident

Knight Insurance – bankrupt?

Postby jukim » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:18 pm

Does anyone know if this is in fact true – I've tried to get them to renew my breakdown cover but can't get a reply by email or phone and I saw on an old issue of "The Olive Press" that they'd filed for bankruptcy. :wtf:

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: Knight Insurance – bankrupt?

Postby Wicksey » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:27 am

If you mean the office in Nerja they are now Liberty Seguros and the same staff are there as usual. Tel: 95 252 4600

jukim
Resident

Postby jukim » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:21 pm

No, I meant the ones in Fuengirola

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:51 pm

Were they the same company group as Knights Insurance in Nerja? You could try phoning them to find out what has happened as the original Knights staff are still there, otherwise you could use the Nerja branch which looks closer to you than Fuengirola?

scotty
Resident

Postby scotty » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:56 pm

Knights had a very good brokerage. I think someone in the family may not have understood how to balance the books and alledgedly some insurance companies had to pursue them for premiums due. I thought that they were bailed out last year by some of the insurers on the understanding that they would only collect premiums by cheque made out to the insurance company. Someone I know in the industry on the CDS sent me this .............
"Not bankrupt yet, still in administration...clients must only pay insurance company..no cash to Knights.
However last member of staff has just left, so Roy and Susan Knight are the only ones left and they close the door every day."

If you are a client then be aware of this.

jukim
Resident

Postby jukim » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:36 pm

Thanks as always – I have put the business the way of my car and home insurance provider now. :thumbup:

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:08 pm

scotty wrote: "Not bankrupt yet, still in administration...clients must only pay insurance company..no cash to Knights.
However last member of staff has just left, so Roy and Susan Knight are the only ones left and they close the door every day."

If you are a client then be aware of this.
Presumably that is why the Nerja one is now part of Liberty Seguros and I guess not linked with Knights any more?
I have been using them for many years and the staff I have always dealt with there are Scandinavian. They handled previous claims very efficiently so luckily I didn't encounter any problems in the past.

scotty
Resident

Postby scotty » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:03 pm

Wicksey wrote: Presumably that is why the Nerja one is now part of Liberty Seguros and I guess not linked with Knights any more?
Yup. The story I heard was they had debts to insurers (premiums owed) of a few million :shock: . So as part of the debt write off the client bank reverted to the insurance company.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:23 pm

Anything with the words Knight and Fuengirola should be avoided at all costs, Ronnie Knight was once a resident (illegal) of Fuengirola !!