EU referendum

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
ChrisM
Andalucia.com Amigo

EU referendum

Postby ChrisM » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:15 pm

The next media feeding frenzy. Between now and then, there are a number of potentially key events; Greece, November Spanish elections, etc. What's the perspective of those on this forum, as you have a wider perspective than the average UK voter?

Polls are understandably discredited, but one showed there is a huge percentage of undecideds waiting for hard facts to come out before moving one way or the other. Good luck with that - it'll be a case of more heat than light, I believe.
Mañana

Sandramay
Resident

Re: EU referendum

Postby Sandramay » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:11 pm

ChrisM wrote: What's the perspective of those on this forum, as you have a wider perspective than the average UK voter?
How does belonging to a forum widen perspective? I'm curious as to whom or what is an average UK voter? :think:
Sandramay

Trooperman
Resident

Postby Trooperman » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:32 pm

I guess he means our perspective includes, for most forum members, the advantage of living in another EU country as well as being UK citizens and (for some of us) being able to vote in the referendum
nil illegitimum carborundum

ChrisM
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ChrisM » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:58 pm

Sandramay wrote:
ChrisM wrote: What's the perspective of those on this forum, as you have a wider perspective than the average UK voter?
How does belonging to a forum widen perspective? I'm curious as to whom or what is an average UK voter? :think:
It's statistically likely that forum members here will either live in Spain; visit there; have an interest in Spain, as versus someone who is a member of a chess forum, for example. That being the case, their views on the referendum would have a different, i.e. broader, perspective than the average UK voter. :problem:
Mañana