Upturn in property sales?

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
ChrisM
Andalucia.com Amigo

Upturn in property sales?

Postby ChrisM » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:43 pm

This article caught my attention, as it refers to an upturn in Spanish property sales: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... e-sun.html

I also note some comments by readers about negativity towrads Brits. I wouldn't know for sure, but based on my limited time there on visits (Benálmadena area) they were charming, despite my limited Spanish.

Just in case it's of interest.

Chris
Mañana

Chica56
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Upturn in property sales?

Postby Chica56 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:14 pm

By comparison to recent years property sales are booming on the Costa Almeria......probably connected to A Place in the Sun doing several recent programmes in the área.......

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:10 am

I can asure you its nothing to do with a place in the sun Chica56.

scotty
Resident

Postby scotty » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:43 am

The doom & gloom merchants will deny it but the market has changed for the better. Down where we are property is now selling. Sale prices have increased. But the old "Location Location Location" is important.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:51 am

I know I am classed as one of the doom and gloomers, actually we were correct. Even I never thought the property market slump would last 8 years. There is still not a lot of action on the CDS and there are still around 500,000 on sale in the area, at least. Price rises, depends which articles you read and who has written them. Even some I know which are considered a bargain have been on sale for years.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:21 pm

Of course prices are going up. There's an election on the way.

BTW, the tax retention on my invoices have been reduced to 15 percent. Fantastic you might think, less taxes to pay. :thumbup: :think: Until June when I have to do my return and when the other bit has to be paid then, 6 months after the election. :thumbdown:

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:05 am

Properties in this village seem to shifting faster than in previous years. An apartment next to our old block sold within four days of the advert. As always it's about quality, location and price. Are prices increasing? They would appear stable, at last!

Bongtrees
Andalucia Guru

Postby Bongtrees » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:06 pm

There is definitely an upturn in Valencia area but bringing with it those awful people who want to video the inside of the house.

From experience, they are the ones who never buy, coincidently they are all cash buyers so no way of checking if their house has sold.

My question is............. how does a seller reasonably refuse the video merchants?
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:34 pm

Just tell them for security reasons you do not pictures or video taken of your personal items. You may have a very expensive piece of furniture or art that you do not want plastering all over the internet. Your house so your decision.