Malaga to Granada best route

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
jaycecampo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Malaga to Granada best route

Postby jaycecampo » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:16 pm

We have to travel to Granada to collect our rescue dog coming from Jaen. We can't decide whether to go via Motril or via Antequera way. Any help appreciated.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Malaga to Granada best route

Postby Enrique » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:28 pm

Hi jaycecampo,

Both routes Motorway...... which one for me would depend where I was picking the dog up .

We picked a Rescue up for Jaén ...... met the dog out on a street as they didn't want location of rescue known.

Check they give you Pets Passport and Microchip done and Dated. We had to sign an Adoption Paper .
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:28 pm

jaycecampo wrote:We have to travel to Granada to collect our rescue dog coming from Jaen. We can't decide whether to go via Motril or via Antequera way. Any help appreciated.
Why not break the journey and travel up one way and home the other way. We always go to the sierra nevada via Antequera but come back Salobrena way and along the coast.

jaycecampo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jaycecampo » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:30 pm

Enrique, Thanks for that. I know the name of the rescue and have been e mailing them so think they are OK. Will make sure I get everything though.

Costa Kid, Good idea if they are both motorway. Don't know exactly where we are meeting yet so that will probably sway us one way or another.

jaycecampo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jaycecampo » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:47 pm

Enrique,
Did you get the dog OK with passport etc. Cannot find the address of the rescue we are dealing with anywhere. They are called ABYDA. I have signed the adoption papers and paid 130,00 euros. They have a facebook page and a blog but not a website as such. I have been dealing with some German ladies, though also some Spanish. Is this the same as your rescue.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:25 pm

Hi Joycecampo,
Looking at the ABYDA Facebook page they could well be the one we used. Will confirm later .

All the paper work was in order, complete with Pets Passport , dog neutered and vaccinated.

The reason for no location i.e. we met in a street in Jaén ,is the known fact that Spanish will just dump their unwanted animals at shelter locations and UK owned properties .
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

jaycecampo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jaycecampo » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:25 pm

Enrique, Thanks for that I was getting worried. Either the reason you gave or they foster all the dogs,I know somewhere that does that.