Flying

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.

Will you be taking a 'plane journey this year, 2020

Yes
31%
No
55%
Maybe
14%

Total votes: 29

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Flying

Postby Beachcomber » Thu May 14, 2020 2:17 pm

Lavanda suggested a poll asking if anyone will be flying this year. Here it is. I was going to include an option especially for me stating that 'I haven't flown since 1994' but many members already know that anyway!

I don't want to split the Coronavirus thread so please continue to post comments on the subject in that thread rather than here. I would lock this topic but if I do that it will lock the poll as well and no-one would be able to vote!

casita-bonita
Resident

Re: Flying

Postby casita-bonita » Thu May 14, 2020 7:21 pm

Whether we fly or not this year is dependant on a vaccination becoming available. Hence 'maybe' No jab no fly. Nor would we fly the kids here. Already canned our grandkids visit in August, and our trips back, including Christmas.
Regards

Bob

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri May 15, 2020 9:47 am

Hoping to fly to the Canaries at the end of the year. Being an internal flight I am slightly more hopeful of it going.

scotty
Resident

Postby scotty » Sat May 16, 2020 6:23 pm

As soon as Ireland and Spain open up I'll be on the second flight out of here. Mask and hand sanitiser. Life goes on.

ValL
Resident

Postby ValL » Sun May 17, 2020 5:53 pm

I am booked on an internal flight Sevilla to Barcelona for a concert at the end of June. No way the concert will go ahead as the group are Italian and its a big venue. It has not been cancelled officially as yet. The airline has already offered vouchers but flight is not cancelled. I am not sure I want a mini break on the edge of La Rambla in this climate. The accommodation is on free cancellation till the night before. I reckon the answer to will I fly in 2020 will be no. I have 2 new great grandchildren in the UK who, even if my booked road trip can go ahead I doubt I will see at close quarters for a long time. I am not sure I want to go to the UK either.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Mon May 18, 2020 9:46 am

I haven't seen (in person) any of my family for some time now,we keep in touch with weekly face time calls or other forms of messaging.

I will certainly not be flying anywhere for some time, the thought of living in a bacteria ridden flying cigar tube for several hours scares me, I'm not one to scare easily but I'm 69 years old now and want to live long enough to enjoy what I've worked for.

Something as inconsequential and unimportant as flying (unless absolutely necessary) is not on my lifestyle radar and I can certainly wait until the world is a healthier place,!