Betting for Fun

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
LifeofBrian
Andalucia.com Amigo

Betting for Fun

Postby LifeofBrian » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:33 pm

Hi All,

Having moved to Spain and finished with all the paperwork (yay) I am trying to have some fun on betfair.es Trouble is I cannot get past the registration page! Either I am putting my name into the wrong boxes (First name, Second name, Surname etc ) or my address is not being recognised. There seem to be two or three versions of that in any case! Anyone else had a similar experience or can offer any helpful tips.

Very grateful.

LifeofBrian

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Re: Betting for Fun

Postby chrissiehope » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:39 pm

Try putting your surname in the Second name box, & your middle name in the surname box !
In Spain, the second name is the main surname, and the third name is often dropped except for formalities. This is because a child is given their father's family name as their middle name (surname) and their mothers family name as the third name. When the child grows up & marries and has a child, it will be given the second name /surname) of both parents (in the order of father's as main name & mothers as third name), thus carrying on the male line family name
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:44 pm

Or simply don’t bother and save yourself potential grief....
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

LifeofBrian
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby LifeofBrian » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:09 pm

Hi,

Thank you for your concern. As it happens I do not bet just for the sake of it. Take care, keep safe and well.

LifeofBrian
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby LifeofBrian » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:18 pm

Hi Chrissiehope,

Not sure quite how to respond to replies so I hope I have hit the right button! In the end I did manage to sign up. First can I thank you for your extensive reply. I think configuring my address differently helped. There seem to be two or three versions of it! The second thing was putting my first and second name in the first name box and my surname, which has two parts, in the first surname box. Anyway, I managed to sign up so ready to get started. All good and thanks again. Keep safe, happy and well.

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:11 pm

Glad to be of help :-)
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

LifeofBrian
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby LifeofBrian » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:56 am

Hi,

Anyone tried to register on the official Spanish lottery site using a UK mobile number. If you were successful, how did you insert your UK mobile number??

Thanks for any response.

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:55 pm

Reminds me of the old joke...

Three Jewish bookmakers are coming home from a race meeting. Crossing a road, one gets knocked down and killed by a car.

One of the other two said, I know his wife better than you, I will tell her the sad news.

He knocks at the door, the wife answers it. He says " the widow Cohen ? ". She says, "no I am Mrs Cohen, I am not a widow"

He says " You wanna bet ".....

anyroads

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:51 pm

LifeofBrian wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:33 pm Hi All,

Having moved to Spain and finished with all the paperwork (yay) I am trying to have some fun on betfair.es Trouble is I cannot get past the registration page! Either I am putting my name into the wrong boxes (First name, Second name, Surname etc ) or my address is not being recognised. There seem to be two or three versions of that in any case! Anyone else had a similar experience or can offer any helpful tips.

Very grateful.

LifeofBrian

Have you looked at Sportium.es, not sure if they deal with British banks though ! but if you have a Spanish phone number and bank account you should be ok, they also have betting shops in most towns, you can just walk in with your passport and register !

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:35 pm

I never ever thought it was fun to lose money which overall 99% of gamblers do. I also agree that a flutter on the grand national is accepted by most people.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:41 pm

anyroads wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:55 pm Reminds me of the old joke...

Three Jewish bookmakers are coming home from a race meeting. Crossing a road, one gets knocked down and killed by a car.

One of the other two said, I know his wife better than you, I will tell her the sad news.

He knocks at the door, the wife answers it. He says " the widow Cohen ? ". She says, "no I am Mrs Cohen, I am not a widow"

anyroads
Oy vey :lol:

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:10 am

Today for the first time in ages there are no race meetings in UK so we are reduced to betting on foreign races ! I fancy Dance with devils for a place in the 11.15 at Cagnes sur Mer, currently 17.2 !!

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:15 am

anyroads wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:55 pm Reminds me of the old joke...

anyroads

Two Jewish bookmakers were returning home from the races when they were approach by a gang if skinheads, Hymie turned to Morri and said oh no it looks like we could get mugged here, Reaching into his breast pocket Morri pulled out a wedge of money and said you could be right, here's that 500 quid I owe you from earlier !

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:34 pm

Hey, we aren't supposed to do Jewish jokes anymore. Just kidding. One half of my family is jewish and they laugh at them.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:24 pm

The two ronnies rabbi sketch is hilarious if you can find in on youtube. My jewish uncle sent me it.If you cant laugh at yourself who can you laugh at!