Covid Restrictions Andalucia

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
olive
Andalucia Guru

Covid Restrictions Andalucia

Postby olive » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:35 pm

How are restrictions going in your area of Andalucia?

We had to go out today for our flu jabs. I was surprised how busy traffic wise our local town was. Just like normal. Very few people having a coffee. I expected to see a big police presence. Only one lot of Guardia Civil stopping cars on the road into town from the motorway from Granada. All he asked was where do you live? ( Same municipality) Then waved us on.

Anyone else stopped?

I wonder how many country parties there will be this weekend with it being Day of the Dead.......?

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Covid Restrictions Andalucia

Postby elusive » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:01 pm

No restrictions on the CDS coast so no different to normal for us

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:17 pm

I didn't see any police today but then I wasn't near any borders with neighbouring regions. I guess they're making sure no one is coming in from or going to Granada province along the motorway.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:32 pm

I think Malaga province isn’t so affected by the restrictions.

Our hospital has changed beyond recognition. Seats red and white taped off. One way systems, temp of your wrist taken on arrival and so on. Both our village doctor and nurse have lost weight and look haggard.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:09 am

I travelled from Málaga to La Herradura yesterday. No sign of the Guardia coming off the motorway.

Sid

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:56 am

The only restriction was being asked to drink up at 22.00 last night.

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:05 pm

Can’t organise a gathering of more than 6 people so our club can’t have a quiz night. Restaurant interpreted it different - no more than 6 on a table. Who knows? But I’m playing safe.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:06 pm

Best message I have seen for a long time, posted by our local police:
EN ESTOS MOMENTOS LA PREGUNTA NO DEBERÍA SER “¿Y SI ME PILLAN?”, SINO “¿Y SI LO PILLO ?”
Por esta y otras muchas razones, quédate en tu municipio, respeta las normas y evita TODOS los riesgos.
Nosotros seguimos ahí.
IN THESE MOMENTS THE QUESTION SHOULD NOT BE “WHAT IF I GET CAUGHT?”, BUT “WHAT IF I CATCH IT?”
For this and many other reasons, stay in your municipality, respect the rules and avoid ALL risks.
We are still there.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:02 am

ashtondav wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:05 pm Can’t organise a gathering of more than 6 people so our club can’t have a quiz night. Restaurant interpreted it different - no more than 6 on a table. Who knows? But I’m playing safe.

I know of groups meeting where the restaurant simply puts everyone on tables of 6. Not sure that is the correct way of interpreting the rules though!

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:21 pm

Moreno wont rule out shutting bars etc and asking for home confinement after the 9th.

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:14 pm

]

so you can'tuse a maternity hospital ....? :wink:
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:26 am

A few regions are asking for lockdown, but it's up to central government to make it law and so far they are resisting. I think we'll just have to wait and see how things pan out over the next few days. https://english.elpais.com/society/2020 ... ement.html

I'm having my haircut today .... it is just about due but I thought I'd get it done just in case! Not sure even if we did go into lockdown, whether it would be as severe as the March one.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:35 pm

Very good point, The Spanish government is resisting further lockdown measures until they see how the current measures pan out, There might well be a tighter lockdown but that depends on various factors. Many hope by stopping the typical movement of people going to their second homes and family get togethers will have reduced the increase in the spread of the virus during recent the long weekend.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:52 pm

Moreno says confinement is the last option. They will look at increasing the curfew hrs and closing shops etc first.murcia has just anounced the closures of bars and restaurants but the junta isnt inclined to do that because of the unemployment it will cause.they wont look at confinement until the 9th at the earliest as madrid has to give permission

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:13 am

From morenos F.b/twitter

Si la situación no mejora, no hay otra alternativa que limitar aún más la movilidad. No nos vamos a precipitar. Estamos analizando al detalle la evolución de la incidencia del virus en toda Andalucía durante esta semana y el impacto de las medidas que entraron en vigor el pasado viernes.

Sabemos que es una decisión difícil. Cerrar el grifo de la movilidad afecta a la economía y repercute en la actividad y en el negocio de muchas familias andaluzas. El domingo tomaremos una decisión escuchando, como hacemos siempre, la voz de los expertos y siguiendo sus recomendaciones.

En caso de que finalmente sea necesario hacerlo, intentaremos preservar todo lo que podamos la franja de mayor producción en la economía, que normalmente tiene lugar desde primera hora de la mañana hasta las 15:00. Es decir, desde la noche hacia atrás, abarcando algo de la tarde para intentar no lesionar más la economía. Es una posibilidad y nada está decidido aún.

Estamos estudiando todas las opciones para evitar el confinamiento domiciliario, que sería la última opción. Todos podemos ayudar: respetemos las normas, seamos prudentes, guardemos la distancia de seguridad y usemos siempre la mascarilla.

Mucho ánimo, no perdamos la esperanza.

If the situation does not improve, there is no alternative but to further limit mobility. We are not going to rush. We are analyzing in detail the evolution of the incidence of the virus throughout Andalusia this week and the impact of the measures that came into effect last Friday.

We know it is a difficult decision. Turning off the tap on mobility affects the economy and affects the activity and business of many Andalusian families. On Sunday we will make a decision listening, as we always do, to the voice of the experts and following their recommendations.

In the event that it is finally necessary to do so, we will try to preserve as much as possible the strip with the highest production in the economy, which normally takes place from first thing in the morning until 3:00 p.m. That is, from the night backwards, covering something of the afternoon to try not to further injure the economy. It is a possibility and nothing is decided yet.

We are studying all the options to avoid home confinement, which would be the last option. We can all help: let's respect the rules, let's be careful, keep a safe distance and always wear a mask.

Cheer up, let's not lose hope.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:40 am

I tend to do things in the afternoon and only go out in the morning if we really have to. The shops are nice and quiet at 3:30, so I wouldn't like to have to join the scrum of people in the earlier hours. Although, admittedly, it would be preferable to a full lockdown.

Just another thought ..... surely a curfew from 3pm would be counter-productive? It would mean that everywhere is twice as busy in the shorter opening hours. At the moment (and even in the summer months) the shops are pretty quiet mid afternoon meaning that it's easy to social distance. I think they really want to lock down and are trying to think of anything they can do legally to limit the hours people can go out.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:28 pm

Yeah i agree wicksey.maybe its just gonna be restaurants and bars though and supermarkets etc will open as norm.

GilbertGrump
Tourist

Postby GilbertGrump » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:49 pm

We were looking at moving to our Spanish home permanently in January and selling our UK house ....to ride out the inevitable housing crash that's going to occur in my opinion ...next year in uk. It cant carry on the eay things are. If we have an independent income and our own home there already do you think the movement rules will mean we still cannot travel. Even though this will be our only home?

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:54 pm

You will have to stick to the rules like everyone else.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:31 pm

I can't understand why you have not done this earlier, a few months ago in fact if that is your intention. You have probably caused yourself so many unnecessary problems.