Covid Restrictions Andalucia

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Re: Covid Restrictions Andalucia

Postby markwilding » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:21 pm

There is but there are limitations. The government is opposed to the type of complete lockdown there was in March last year, Many regions want to go into a similar lockdown but the government's state of alarm doesn't allow it.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:25 pm

Yes. The only restrictions that can be enforced are those imposed under the Real Decreto 21/2020. That law has not been replace or amended and they cannot just make up other rules as they go along. Amongst other things they cannot enforce the wearing of masks if a distance of 1,5 meters is maintained and they cannot stop you travelling beyond a municipal boundary.

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:28 pm

So there is a state of alarm and central government can restrict movements if they want to.

Restrict movements doesn't necessarily mean stay at home it can mean don't leave your municipality. The central government can choose to make us stay home if they want to, they just choose not to,

So what is illegal about what they are doing now?

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:30 pm

Beachcomber wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:25 pm Yes. The only restrictions that can be enforced are those imposed under the Real Decreto 21/2020. That law has not been replace or amended and they cannot just make up other rules as they go along. Amongst other things they cannot enforce the wearing of masks if a distance of 1,5 meters is maintained and they cannot stop you travelling beyond a municipal boundary.
So the state of alarm from the end of October is not legal?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:39 pm

You need to look it all up and read it for yourself. It is not something that can be described in words of one syllable.

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:11 pm

Please feel free to write some big words to explain it to all the readers. I might have trouble with words bigger than one syllable but I am sure you didn't mean that about all the people that contribute to this forum, or did you?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:39 pm

You may like to start with the Spanish Constitution. When you have read it come back and tell us what you did not understand.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:57 pm

There are municipalities near us in lockdown where all non essential shops, bars and restaurants are shut. Are you saying this is illegal? The police are surely still issuing fines for breaking lockdown, I saw police roadblocks in the papers at the borders of Malaga to ensure that people do not leave or enter without justified reason.

Someone I was talking to today was saying about a shop owner in Nerja he knows that's off to Tenerife next week on holiday. I thought we weren't supposed to be leaving Andalucía? I'm sure there's a lot of people who'd like to go away on holiday at the moment but are abiding by the rules. Whatever others say, I don't want to be caught.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:07 pm

Same here Wicksey, a couple of weeks back a friend showed me a pic of some people she knows..They were sitting enjoying a drink at Mancherster airport before jetting off to Mauitious on holiday..How do they do it when holidays are supposed to be banned.

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:29 pm

Consider when the snap was taken. Visitors from the UK are not allowed to Mauritius.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:58 pm

The state of alarm finished in the autumn and has not been renewed. That is why many regions want to be able to go to full lockdown but the government cannot authorise it if there is no state of alarm and the regions cannot do it unilaterally.

As far as the police go, in Almuñécar and Motril they fined over 400 people last week for breaking the rules, mainly people from Granada driving down to their holiday homes whilst being on lockdown. They are terrified that Easter will be even worse than Xmas.

I accept that it might well be unconstitutional but since when did the Guardia worry about trivialities like that!

Sid

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:02 pm

They went on Jan 2nd according to my friend, maybe i have got the wrong name but they def went somewhere.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:17 pm

Politicians or rich maybe?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:46 pm

Sid, they should appeal against the fines. Some time ago a Spanish military tribunal reiterated that all of the military are responsible for their own actions and that deliberate illegal sanctions against the public were criminal offences.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:10 pm

I read yesterday that about 50% of the overall fines in Spain have not been paid and most of the rest are appealing.

Even if the fines are not constitutional it does, rightly or wrongly, work as a deterrent for most of the population.

Sid

pensure1988
Resident

Postby pensure1988 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:22 pm

Hi Pamela

Just found this link for Mauritius. I do not think the people from Manchester did their homework properly

https://www.mymauritius.travel/mauritius-travel-alerts

David

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:13 pm

David, i wasn't sure if i'd got the name of the country right, for some reason Mauritius came in my head, i have since checked to confirm and it was actualy The Maldives.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:53 pm

El Cid wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:10 pm I read yesterday that about 50% of the overall fines in Spain have not been paid and most of the rest are appealing.

Even if the fines are not constitutional it does, rightly or wrongly, work as a deterrent for most of the population.

Sid
I get the impression that the police are more vigilant this time. I have to give permits to students who live in other municipals and almost didn't bother this time round but I was told that the police were checking more. Sure enough, quite a few have been stopped by the local police whereas none were stopped in October.

There are quite a few oddities though, We went to Eroski on Saturday but it's not possible to go back to our house without driving out of then back into the municipal for a short distance. At the other end, the border runs along a shopping street. so the people living opposite Mercadona are not really supposed to cross the road and do their shopping there. It would be interesting to know if the police check there.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:40 pm

They tried to stop people who live in Fuengirola crossing the road to shop in the Miramar Centre which is 200 metres away in Mijas so they had to get in their car and drive a couple of kilometers into the centre of Fuengirola to do their shopping.

It was easy to police because the only access was through an underpass and it worked in October when it was a bit like a scene from La Valla but it looks as though the police have given up this time. Perhaps they are a bit more savvy now and have decided that they don't want to be prosecuted

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:50 pm

More likely they just can’t be bothered for such a pointless restriction.

Sid