Post Brexit Business Idea

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: Post Brexit Business Idea

Postby Wicksey » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:30 pm

Going back to the OP, 33K required income for a couple seems high to me. Ours is nowhere near that and unlikely to ever be and yet we live well here. Due to not being able to travel much this past year (our biggest outgoing) our expenditure this last 12 months is about a third of that total needed to live here and get residency. I guess if you have urbanisation fees and high IBI costs then this would be different. Like Gerry :wave: , our IBI is minimal compared to others I know living on urbanisations locally :) .

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:51 pm

I guess they have to have a set figure for the whole E.U rather than each country setting their own.For some countries that would be nearer the average wage others, like southern coastal areas of spain its far more

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:07 pm

elusive wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:51 pm I guess they have to have a set figure for the whole E.U rather than each country setting their own.For some countries that would be nearer the average wage others, like southern coastal areas of spain its far more
There isn't an EU set figure, though, and each member state does set their own requirements regarding visas for non EU citizens. Portugal, for example, has a D7 visa (very similar to the Spanish non lucrative visa) for which the income requirements are way lower than Spain's.

https://www.portuguese-nationality.com/ ... a-portugal

Cyprus too, with their Category F residence permit:-

https://menelaou-law.com/immigration/ca ... ce-permit/

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:06 pm

Portugal and Cyprus as much lower aren't they? Perhaps Spain is trying to keep out the riffraff :think: :lol:

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:42 pm

Don't know, but I surmise they want immigrants who will pay a decent contribution in taxes and spending in the Spanish economy. Of course it's possible to live here on less than the Spanish minimum requirements for a non lucrative visa (we do too), but anyone whose income is less than €14k each is going to be paying virtually nothing in income tax and by virtue of their income they're not going to be spending a fortune annually either, or generating much by way of indirect taxation. Anyway, it's up to Spain what level of income they set - you know, that "sovereignty" thing the UK seems devoted to, so UK citizens can hardly object to Spain making their own decisions about that.

Italy's income requirements are a bit higher than Spain's.

https://www.immigration-italy.com/what- ... 00%20euros.

Greece has income requirements a bit lower than Spain's but much higher than Cyprus or Portugal.

https://vardikos.com/what-is-financiall ... ch%20child.

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:26 pm

elusive wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:46 pm http://www.exteriores.gob.es/Consulados ... Visas.aspx

Info on all the visas here and requirements etc.

You become permanent after 5 years so if you can get to that stage you are ok.
Thanks
So Golden Visa is basically the same income as the non Lucrative visa. The only difference being you have to buy a property for 500k (or invest 1 million etc) and it provides a path to permanent residency in Spain.

Also you have to fund private healthcare, which I guess would be easily 1000+ per person for someone over retirement age as a first time policy holder in Spain. As I understand it new residents, since Jan 1st 2021, in Spain won't be able to use the S1 route to healthcare. The visa fees are quite hefty also, allow at least 1000 per couple per year.

So even if there wasn't income limits associated with the visas, as there would still be easily 3000 EUR per retired couple in costs that they wouldn't have if they got residency last year, these costs will keep many retirees out of Spain.

Thinking out loud I guess it will preclude EU citizens who are entitled to only a UK state pension from using the S1 route to healthcare. Will they then have to get private healthcare? I guess they also have to prove income (all be it at 100% IPREM rate than 400% of non EU citizen) rather than get accepted as pensioners because they are not pensioners from an EU country (even though they are EU citizens).

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:32 pm

Free at Last wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:07 pm
elusive wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:51 pm I guess they have to have a set figure for the whole E.U rather than each country setting their own.For some countries that would be nearer the average wage others, like southern coastal areas of spain its far more
There isn't an EU set figure, though, and each member state does set their own requirements regarding visas for non EU citizens. Portugal, for example, has a D7 visa (very similar to the Spanish non lucrative visa) for which the income requirements are way lower than Spain's.

https://www.portuguese-nationality.com/ ... a-portugal

Cyprus too, with their Category F residence permit:-

https://menelaou-law.com/immigration/ca ... ce-permit/
I stand corrected. Thanks thats intresting info. Didnt realise.

Theres conflicting info re the S1 been available for post 2020 people. But i agree if it wont be possible then its going to be a huge problem for older people and pre excisting conditions

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:23 pm

I thought the S1 situation was quite clear. If you become resident after Brexit, you do not get an S1. If you became resident before Brexit, you qualify when you reach retirement age.

Have I missed something?

Sid

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:02 pm

There was some info at the end of year regarding a possible new agreement that was done at the 12th hour. But the wording was abit :shock: in the legal docs so "they" were waiting on clarification. . Otherwise it was/is as you say sid

qe2ex
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby qe2ex » Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:38 pm

I will consider offers from fit athletic british babes below 28 years old. Must enjoy cooking and cleaning too. But none of that cockney dialect please. Chance of a lifetime for one of those third-world country brits to score an attractive EU-husband, as I see it.

Did not read all the previous posts, so please let me know if I have posted in the wrong thread now.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:57 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: