Vaccinations for those under the radar

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
Unicorn
Resident

Vaccinations for those under the radar

Postby Unicorn » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:39 pm

Out of interest, and not even asking for a friend, what happens to the 'under the radar' people? We all know they exist. Either people who are here and completely unregistered, or even those just not in the Health Service records. I remember hearing on TRE a guy phoning in who had be here for over 30 years and never been registered anywhere, on anything, and he was asking about getting a TIE. Presumably he had been working in the black economy and only now wanted to legalise, although I am not entirely sure how he could.

Do these people get a vaccination? I believe they are not available privately and so is there a swathe of people here who will not be vaccinated? Does that make some communities where there is a high percentage of these people vulnerable to Covid?

I assume that when you get a vaccination your ID, in whatever form is noted.

I just worry that as it is the 'British (Kent)' strain is so virulent, will it cause animosity towards the British in any way? Could this be how this strain was seeded?

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Vaccinations for those under the radar

Postby elusive » Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:16 pm

Its not just the under the radars.but theres lots of concern and mixed info about how/if non O.A.PS who are relying on private healthcare and live in spain legally are going to get it aswell.

The under the radars are probably still registared with the NHS so if possible will just go back home i suppose. Frankly thats their look out.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:38 pm

In the UK any illegal immigrant will be allowed to turn up once there age group is due with no questions asked. The UK has got to be absolute idiots to even think about this.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:53 pm

If the whole idea of governments is to keep all of their residents safe then surely it would go against the grain if they refused to vaccinate all illegals.

Unicorn
Resident

Postby Unicorn » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:00 pm

Actually, so can they in other countries. Here in Spain, France, Netherlands .
https://www.infomigrants.net/en/post/30 ... d-migrants

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:04 pm

Thats an interesting point.

One would assume that in order to recieve a vaccination you would have to show your medical card?

You cant get a medical card without being registered at a doctors. To do that you need residencia i believe.

If a person isnt registered, how would they be contacted to make an appointment?

Theres lots of interesting things to think about, when you sit down and actually think.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:11 pm

If it actually doesn't affect you why would you even waste a fleeting second worrying what someone under the radar is going to do?

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:19 pm

firsttango wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:11 pm If it actually doesn't affect you why would you even waste a fleeting second worrying what someone under the radar is going to do?
I.dont think anyone is bothered about 'them' (tough luck you tax dodging muppets), its just an interesting conversation?

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:24 pm

And then following on from that @firsttango - i hope they do make the covid passport and anyone who isn't vaccinated finds life even more difficult than it already is while they are hiding under the radar.

Imagine not being able to fly anywhere, not being able to go into a shopping centre, or a lidl or a mercadona without scanning your card at the door?

Boom.. The end of the world as we know it.

Unicorn
Resident

Postby Unicorn » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:25 pm

It affects all of us. Everybody is in the community, in Carrefour, Mercadona, in the street. So it does affect me, or could affect me. And do we want sick people not to seek help? Do we want people dying in the street?
Yes, that's right, I am woke. I admit it. Is an immigrant from across the Med any more illegal than a Brit under the radar post Brexit?

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:31 pm

spanish_lad wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:24 pm And then following on from that @firsttango - i hope they do make the covid passport and anyone who isn't vaccinated finds life even more difficult than it already is while they are hiding under the radar.

Imagine not being able to fly anywhere, not being able to go into a shopping centre, or a lidl or a mercadona without scanning your card at the door?

:lol: Again why worry about anyone else's situation if you're all up to date and have your "Freedom Pass".......Bob and Hilda in the campo and their life choice is absolutely none of your business

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:34 pm

Unicorn wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:25 pm It affects all of us. Everybody is in the community, in Carrefour, Mercadona, in the street. So it does affect me, or could affect me. And do we want sick people not to seek help? Do we want people dying in the street?
Yes, that's right, I am woke. I admit it. Is an immigrant from across the Med any more illegal than a Brit under the radar post Brexit?

That is very true. With the amount of foreigners around, who is to know who has been vacinated and who hasnt. We are all effected, like unicorn says.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:38 pm

firsttango wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:31 pm
spanish_lad wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:24 pm And then following on from that @firsttango - i hope they do make the covid passport and anyone who isn't vaccinated finds life even more difficult than it already is while they are hiding under the radar.

:lol: Again why worry about anyone else's situation if you're all up to date and have your "Freedom Pass".......Bob and Hilda in the campo and their life choice is absolutely none of your business
Im a little confused. I dont care about other people and their lives? Im agreeing with that..

I wonder if there will be segregation ... A football stadium with a big plastic screen to seperate the vaccinated from the not vaccinated..

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:43 pm

I've never been one for draconian measures and i wouldn't wish them on myself just so it makes life more difficult for others..As long as i am happy with the way i'm living my life then i don't realy care if someone is getting away with living under the radar, they do so at their own risk..

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:51 pm

Spot on :thumbup:

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:25 pm

spanish_lad wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:38 pm
firsttango wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:31 pm

Im a little confused. I dont care about other people and their lives? Im agreeing with that..

I wonder if there will be segregation ... A football stadium with a big plastic screen to seperate the vaccinated from the not vaccinated..
Cannot see there being segregation. It wouldn’t stand up-in law.

As to vaccinating people under the radar, why would they not? The whole idea is to reduce the seriousness of infection and the degree of onward transmission. The EU Common Pass for travel and access to open spaces is just a tool to overcome vaccination reticence in my opinion. I will be very surprised if it comes to fruition. However you never know looking at some decisions.