Generator part wanted

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
AkoAko
Andalucia.com Amigo

Generator part wanted

Postby AkoAko » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:40 pm

We need a generator similar to the ones in the photos . The photos are just an example but they have been around for years and sold under dozens of trade names and colours , other than the side panels they are all identical . If someone has one they no longer need , better if it is working but it doesn't have to be as we have one complete but not working . Ours needs just a small cheap plastic part , wont run without it but it seems impossible to buy parts for them
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Generator part wanted

Postby Enrique » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:07 pm

Hi AkoAko,

"a small cheap plastic part"...........what does it look like. ?

Is it a part shown on this list................

https://www.generatorguru.com/wpg950/
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

AkoAko
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby AkoAko » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:37 pm

Thanks Enrique for trying but its not shown . Its the crankcase breather , plastic box shape with outlets for 2 pipes each with aq basic non return valve , one out one in .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:56 am

What about contacting the manufacturer not a dealer. They may have spares even if the part is obsolete, got to be worth a try.

Parilla
Resident

Postby Parilla » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:46 am

Try espares.co.uk - I've had a number of items from them I could not find anywhere else, though nothing relating to generators, but it may be worth a go. If you go to the bottom of the website you'll see they sell to countries other than the UK, including Spain.

Parilla

AkoAko
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby AkoAko » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:09 am

costakid wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:56 am What about contacting the manufacturer not a dealer. They may have spares even if the part is obsolete, got to be worth a try.
Problem is that no one seems to know the manufacturer , speaking to generator companies in UK and US all say made in China and literally sold under dozens of names , the specification's on every one is identical right down to the part numbers on the actual parts . Prices go from around $220 to $600 , seems some companies are making a lot of money our=t of these generators .

Learnt today that Leroy Merlin also sell the exact same generator but with a completely different outer case . The part i need is right in the middle of the diagram .

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:10 am

Take it to a 3 d printing shop, they'll run one off for you in half an hour, no problem !

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:02 am

Thats not a bad idea.

AkoAko
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby AkoAko » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:13 pm

Manchesteral wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:10 am Take it to a 3 d printing shop, they'll run one off for you in half an hour, no problem !
The case yes but its a sealed un it and the internal one way valves would be the problem , its more than just a case .

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:12 pm

So, what is wrong with the part that you need a new one?
Can't you repair it?
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:09 pm

looks like its sealed

AkoAko
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby AkoAko » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:32 pm

Yes its a sealed part , no way to get it open without destroying it and even if it could be splt then its unlikely the internal one way valves could be fixed, think they just wear out in time or stick , probably nothing more than a small piece of rubber siting on a lip so it only allows air or liquid to pass in one direction .

I have found a company in the US who stock the part . The part costs $1.98 each but added to that was a handling fee of $9 plus shipping $41 so a $2 item cost $52 . Decided to bite the bullet and order then as i pressed by a pop up gave the message that due to Brexit and the pandemic they no longer ship to Europe . O well , back to plan A , hoping someone has a generator with this engine for sale .

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:42 am

Use something like this to get the part shipped from the USA

https://www.myus.com/signup/

I have used them before and it actually worked out cheaper than paying the shipping cost of the seller I bought the item from.

AkoAko
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby AkoAko » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:47 pm

The main problem is they wont send it at the moment with Brexit and Pandemic , they recon takes much to long and a lot of lost parcels so not worth while .

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:55 pm

I think you are misunderstanding what this service is.

You order anything in the world and it is delivered to a USA address, so the seller of the product ships it only to the USA. As far as they are concerned it is a buyer in the USA.

Then this service ships it onwards to wherever you want. The service is not mentioning any problems with pandemic (or Brexit). This service costs less than the shipping cost the seller of the part is charging you.

https://www.myus.com/pricing/

10 days service, 900 gram package. Costs 19 USD

AkoAko
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby AkoAko » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:35 pm

Thanks Paddy , might look into it if i cant come up with a better solution .