Gestor held dig certificate

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
olive
Andalucia Guru

Gestor held dig certificate

Postby olive » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:13 pm

OH had her own digital certificate but she recently had a shed load of stuff that needed sorting by our gestor.

He suggested holding our dig certificates and while I was there we applied for mine too. Since then we have discovered some limitations. i.e. we cannot access Clicsalud. So we asked for our options and this came back.

"The reason for this email is to better explain the situation about the use and control of the digital certificate, this email is long and complex which I would like to advise beforehand because the subject has a certain complexity. But for that reason, it is preferable to explain in writing.

If, after reading this email you have any doubts, we will be happy to answer them.

The digital certificate has become in recent years, especially after the changes caused in 2020 by the pandemic, an essential tool in agencies to carry out many of the procedures we do on behalf of our clients.

Most clients do not need to use or do not know how to use a digital certificate at home, so they entrust us with custody of it, which we carry out free of charge for clients with an active periodic fee.

As a gestor administrativo who manages a client's digital certificate, it is stored in our certificate bank, under strict security measures, firewalls, daily backups, etc, which, although they will never be infallible, are much more robust than those of a personal or domestic computer..

The use of this certificate is the responsibility of the gestor, which will use it only for the purposes for which it was obtained or for those isolated procedures that the client orders.

If the said certificate was misused, the professional civil liability insurance arranged with the Society of Gestors would respond to the negative consequences that could occur due to its misuse.

For this reason, if the gestoria holds the certificate, it must have exclusive access to it, not being able to share it with the client, since the control over the registration of uses would be violated and the insurance coverage of our governing body, the Society of Gestors, would be lost.

If a client needs to use the FNMT digital certificate in their day-to-day lives, there are some alternatives available, which we will explain.

The gestor can act as issuing entity through the ARA platform, agreed with the Society of Gestors, and issue a different digital signature, but with the same functions as that of the FNMT.

Gestoría XXXXXX was the pilot gestoria in Granada, Jaén and Almería, when the ARA project was started in April 2020, in the midst of a Covid-19 pandemic and we have already managed many certificates of this type. The only disadvantage is that it costs 25 euros per year (+ VAT), which is what the ARA platform applies as certificate maintenance costs.

Our advice is that if you do not need to use the certificate regularly, but sporadically need some documents signing, like obtaining a record from the Social Security Office or something similar, leave the certificate in our hands and ask us for these procedures.

If you are a client with an active periodic fee, most of these procedures are included in the fee and will not be charged separately. Consult us without obligation if you have questions about what your monthly fee includes.

If, on the other hand, you need to use frequently the FNMT digital certificate to sign documents, make appointments in organizations or transact issues directly with the Administration, it may be preferable that you request the FNMT certificate and have it on your personal computer and we have a certificate of ARA for the procedures that we have to carry out here.

In this way, we qualify as representatives in the Tax Agency and Social Security.

The last option is that we maintain the use of the certificate, in a shared way with you, but in this case, it is necessary to sign a resignation document by the client of the responsibility derived from the use of the certificate, since not being in the exclusive use of the gestor, we cannot control the uses that are made or the security firewalls used.

This exemption from liability is due, on the one hand, to the possibility that you may carry out an erroneous procedure in an Administration that has an unexpected negative consequence. It is relatively easy with the certificate in a few clicks to register or cancel a service in the Tax Office or Social Security Office and to stop receiving notifications correctly or any other tax or labour issue.

But above all, on the other hand, the disclaimer is because it is relatively easy for a hacker to steal a digital certificate from a personal computer if it does not have suitable protection keys and make malicious use of it.

Once the whole situation has been explained and depending on the use you need to, tell us which option works best for you.:

FNMT certificate for the exclusive use of the gestor (recommended).

FNMT certificate for me and ARA's certificate (25€ / year) for the exclusive use of the gestor.

FNMT certificate of shared use between the gestor and myself (not recommended).

FNMT certificate for me and do a power of attorney at the Tax Office and Social Security Office to the gestor to act on my behalf.

In case you choose an option different than 1, the gestoria won’t have the custody of the FNMT digital certificate anymore. Your reply by choosing this option, will mean that you understand and accept this exception of liability.

We are awaiting your response to proceed."

Anyone come across this?

Any downsides on the 25 euros a year ARA option apart from cost?

Any other thoughts?

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Gestor held dig certificate

Postby Enrique » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:26 pm

Hi olive,
Looking at the site Clicsalud there is an option to use the CL@ve PIN , is that not an Option for you to obtain one and use that instead of the Digital Signature that your Gestor holds :?:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:09 pm

A proper gestor does not need your digital certificate. He should have a clave which enables him to use his own professional digital certificate on your behalf entirely independent from yours.

You should not allow third party access to your own digital certificate.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:11 pm

Thanks. I wonder if this project is a way for gestors to wrest work back from an ever more literate and computer literate populace? Having got your certificate, say you go in to ask for a printout of your work record- they ask are you applying for your pension? Shall we do it for you?

How many times a year does an average person use their digital certificate? I realise that is a sort of how long is a piece of string question! How many times have people used theirs?

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:14 pm

I use mine fairly often to access Clicsalud+ for access to doctors' appointments, medical records, etc.
Cheers
Gerry.
Gerry Harris

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:26 pm

Ditto. I had been awaiting a couple of hospital appointments and so was checking every day at one point. We have a POBox that we don't check that often (and even when we do the post has been very slow, so i still haven't got the paper confirmation for one of them after 10 days). I also check my ongoing prescriptions to see how many more packets I've got left.

I used it a lot when I was doing the TIE and changing driving licences as well.