UK Passport Renewal

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
vipponds
Tourist

UK Passport Renewal

Postby vipponds » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:10 am

Morning all, does anyone know if the UK passport office accepts the digital code for your new passport photo but from a photographers over here? Would rather use this than risk a rejection with a self taken picture. Many thanks in advance as always

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Re: UK Passport Renewal

Postby peteroldracer » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:22 am

You will know if your selfie is not up to scratch when you submit the application. It then gives you the chance to try a fresh photo, or even to reject the rejection as it were by clicking to say it is ok as far as you are concerned - how poor the photo has to be before this is rejected I don't know.
Maybe time to upgrade your phone if it cannot produce an acceptable image?
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:27 pm

Yes. As soon as you try to upload it onto the form it tells you if its ok or not. Took me ages trying to get a picture. To many shadows too bright,too dark! White walls arent very good! Ended up working on a cream wall.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:31 pm

My photo had shadows but I used the editing program on the phone to even out the brightness and it was accepted ok. The photo I took of my OH was accepted straight away. Our walls are cream and I was more careful of him not being sideways on to a window. I would give it a go as it's easy to do and the website says if it's not good enough.

pepe jose
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pepe jose » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:29 pm

The passport office used to be really fussy with photos when you had to send them in. A question, how to get the photo verified if you took it yourself. Thought you had to get someone to write the statement on the back.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:39 pm

IIRC it is all in the form - image a good likeness etc.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

vipponds
Tourist

Postby vipponds » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:23 am

Thanks for the responses, I’ll wait for the impending haircut and then try again

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:58 am

pepe jose wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:29 pm The passport office used to be really fussy with photos when you had to send them in. A question, how to get the photo verified if you took it yourself. Thought you had to get someone to write the statement on the back.
No-one else has to verify the photo. Perhaps they compare it to the previous one. I think if for some reason you look wildly different to the previous passport photo then perhaps you'd need to get it verified. Although 10 years older, we are obviously the same person as in our old passport photos.