Calling for help to find my old fiend Wendy Kuggelan

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
July2021

Calling for help to find my old fiend Wendy Kuggelan

Postby July2021 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:17 am

Dear All
Calling for help to find my old friend Wendy Kuggelman, widowed from Hienz Kuggelman her hushand who passed approx 2 years ago We all used to live in the UK. They moved to Spain. My husband James and I moved to Mauritius. We all kept in touch when Hienz was alive. When he died, she was diagnosed with severe Dimentia and was moved into a home. They had no children between them. The children Hienz had had from his first marriage are in New Zealand and were not on speaking terms with Wendy who became Heinz's second wife. Now she is alone in a care home and I'd love to be able to call her and get back in touch to see how she is and if she is ok. All the information I have is that she was moved into a home in Ronda after Heinz died. Her old address used to be in Estepona. I have sent emails to many Homes for the Aged in Spain in this area but received no reply. Please does anyone remember them or know what has happened or where Wendy is and could help me her? Any news of her would be most appreciated. Kindest regards. Brigitte

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Re: Calling for help to find my old fiend Wendy Kuggelan

Postby spanish_lad » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:38 am

They won't be able to tell you anything via email because of the 'new' data protection laws
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:03 pm

Have you tried f.book groups for the local area. Thousands of people are members of local info and buy and sell sites and thats probably your best bet. You could also write a letter to the english language papers such as the euro weekly or sur.

Dito re above. They wont give you such info. And tbh good luck getting an email reply from any spanish business. Most are stuck in the 80's

pepe jose
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pepe jose » Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:24 pm

Obviously the sad thing is she may have passed as did many from Covid in care homes. Do they have a register of births and deaths in Spain?

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:10 pm

Hi, I don't know the mental capacity of your friend but as Elusive has suggested, have you tried facebook, on the top left hand corner of the page is a search facility, just type in the name and if she's on facebook and in decent mental condition she (or one of her relatives may respond) I actually found an old friend of mine using this method some years ago, good luck !

Cádiz
Resident

Postby Cádiz » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:21 pm

July2021 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:17 am Dear All
Calling for help to find my old friend Wendy Kuggelman, widowed from Hienz Kuggelman her hushand who passed approx 2 years ago We all used to live in the UK. They moved to Spain. My husband James and I moved to Mauritius. We all kept in touch when Hienz was alive. When he died, she was diagnosed with severe Dimentia and was moved into a home. They had no children between them. The children Hienz had had from his first marriage are in New Zealand and were not on speaking terms with Wendy who became Heinz's second wife. Now she is alone in a care home and I'd love to be able to call her and get back in touch to see how she is and if she is ok. All the information I have is that she was moved into a home in Ronda after Heinz died. Her old address used to be in Estepona. I have sent emails to many Homes for the Aged in Spain in this area but received no reply. Please does anyone remember them or know what has happened or where Wendy is and could help me her? Any news of her would be most appreciated. Kindest regards. Brigitte
Because you are talking pretty recent as you had contact 2 years ago.
I would suggest facebook if you not already a member join up.
Just search all your mutual acquaintances.
I be surprised if you not find someone you know and that's a start...

good luck...

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:51 am

I can tell you that she has never parked with us at the airport, under her name, and we have 8000+ records dating back to 2016.

Have you had any luck finding her ? what age would she be now ?
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:22 pm

The OP says she has /had dementia so doubt is she is capable of using Facebook.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:29 pm

Ooh, Katy, ooh :shh:

Cádiz
Resident

Postby Cádiz » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:37 pm

My point was not to look for the person... look for mutual friends who may know where person at....