Travel to UK

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
johnm
Tourist

Travel to UK

Postby johnm » Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:53 pm

Posted by johnm in General Mojacar discussion on Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:08pm

Over two weeks ago Grant Schapps announced that fully vaccinated travellers ( vaccinated in the UK ONLY !! ) would not need to isolate on entry into the UK. He stated that an annoucement would be made in the next two weeks to extend this to those who have been vaccinated in the EU . - WE ARE STILL WAITING !!

This adds over £ 100 for each person visiting relatives in the UK.

I, for one, think that he was being disingenuous and needs a push.

There is one ting we can do. There is a UK go.uk petition asking for this to happen - https://petition.parliament.uk/petition ... atures/new

When 100,000 people have signed this it has to be referred to Parliament. This should create some reaction.

57,011 people have already signed. Please consider adding your signature
romero

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Re: Travel to UK

Postby Pamela1 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:10 pm

Grant Schapps has said many things and fails to deliver, consider it done.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:46 pm

If you are waiting for some reaction from Parliament I wouldn't hold your breath - they have just gone into recess for the long summer break.

dxf
Resident

Postby dxf » Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:53 pm

Hola

Now 58,619 signatures

Davexf

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:01 pm

It’s a waste of time. When did any small petition achieve any action, even if it was raised in the Commons.

Sid

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:36 am

In the long run all those 1.000's of ignored petitions add up and what you have is a whole bunch of disgruntled people who may have voted for you previously and may never vote for you again. Many governments have fallen foul because they did not listen to people.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:35 pm

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:37 am

“By the end of this month, UK nationals who have been vaccinated overseas will be able to talk to their GP, go through what vaccine they have had and have it registered with the NHS that they have been vaccinated."

This is a quote from the link to the DT article headlined "Double-jabbed expats free to travel to UK under relaxed vaccine rules"

So how can an expat 'talk to their GP in the UK and have it registered' if they are resident abroad? From experience of people I know in the UK they have found it impossible to even contact their GP anyway, so it will not be the freedom to travel it makes out to be. All of the comments reflect this too. Honestly, you couldn't make this up :roll:

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:36 am

Just shows how clueless the person who gave that quote is about the situation. You dont have a G.P if you arent a uk resident. (Unless you are under the radar and go back every so often for your prescriptions!)

I remember when i was leaving the uk my uk G.P said come in for prescriptions when you are here. I had to tell them i wont be entitled. They didnt know!

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:03 pm

The media is so very predicatable, right on cue they are jumping in with their guesstimates on who will be on green etc..they usualy do about a week before the next travel review. Sky news already guessing Spain may be amber plus and if there is any truth in it then people must think what is the point in GS announcing that people in Spain are now welcome in the Uk if they have been vaccinated only to have to self isolate on amber plus...In all honesty i wouldn't put it past this government to pull that stunt, they don't want people coming in or going out and neither do they care about the economic effects of their decition making.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:40 pm

elusive wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:36 am Just shows how clueless the person who gave that quote is about the situation. You dont have a G.P if you arent a uk resident. (Unless you are under the radar and go back every so often for your prescriptions!)

I remember when i was leaving the uk my uk G.P said come in for prescriptions when you are here. I had to tell them i wont be entitled. They didnt know!
This is the great idea of Nadhim Zahawi, the vaccines minister.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:37 pm

Reading other articles imo it implies that its uk nationals who have just had the vaccine overseas because they were there on a short term basis. Hence the contact your dr comment
Last edited by elusive on Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:15 pm

Yes that was my own take on it elusive which means many other brits and non brits hoping to travel without having to self isolate are still no better off. :roll:

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:45 pm

Telegraph and Times are reporting that Eu and Usa citizens will soon be able to travel to Uk without having to quarentine starting from next month...

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:40 am

The uk goverment are having a meeting today about it

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:31 pm

Change comes in from the Monday. Where you only need a test before arrival and on day 2 if you want to visit the uk. No quarentine needed now
Last edited by elusive on Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:41 pm

When we stayed in our park home in Yorkshire the local surgery was happy to take us on as visitors pensioners with S1) and arranged with the local Boots to dispense all my meds from my Spanish form. Pre-Covid they did the same but dispensed from the surgery. Free of course.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:52 am

elusive wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:37 pm Reading other articles imo it implies that its uk nationals who have just had the vaccine overseas because they were there on a short term basis. Hence the contact your dr comment
They shouldn't have used the term 'expats' in the articles then.

Although that is all changed now as they are allowing everyone in if vaccinated. I think they should just make all the countries green list now. If you have to have a negative test to fly, then are tested again after 2 days they should allow everyone in. As stated elsewhere, vaccinated people can carry and transmit the virus anyway, so why discriminate against those of us that can't, or have chosen not to, have the jab. The whole thing is just getting ridiculous now. At least my OH can think about going back after summer, as long as Spain doesn't go amber plus :roll:

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:42 am

Wicksey i agree, it is ridiculous, it's a complete farce all of it.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:34 pm

Frankly i wont be surprised if spain goes on the amber xyz plus... list at the next update. Rabb has been typically fence sitting lately especially in an interview today