Covid tests for travel

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
casita-bonita
Resident

Re: Covid tests for travel

Postby casita-bonita » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:04 pm

Just passport and a few euros..
Regards

Bob

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:06 pm

Many thanks :thumbup:

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:45 pm

casita-bonita wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:02 am
Wicksey wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:54 pm https://farmaciaalfonsomonllor.com/

Someone I know of went there prior to returning to the UK last month and it was 20€. Although it's not mentioned on his website as far as I can see.
Had our tests here yesterday. 19.99e each and very efficient. Gentle nose swab, go and have a coffee, return 15min later and pick up certificates.... There were quite a few other brits getting their tests at the same time. We did prebook, but you can just walk in.

Far simpler process than ordering the uk's 2 day test..
That sounds promising. I was called for a random test when they were doing them locally and that cotton bud went up my nose about 4" and I had a terrible pain in that side of my face for over an hour afterwards, so I didn't fancy that again. Is it just a paper certificate they give you? They don't register it on your EU Covid passport? I see on Vueling that they seem to want the test results emailed to them prior to travelling, which I would need to do to get to the Canaries.

Where are you getting your day UK 2 test from? Does it have to be off the gov.uk rip-off list?

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:18 pm

As far as I know it's a Day 2 AND Day 8 test unless you opt for the Test-to-Release on Day 5. You do need to pick a test provider from the list as both test AND provider have to be 'approved'. Totally bonkers — but if you plan to travel you must be prepared to jump the hoops.

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:50 pm

I wasn't looking forward to them taking a sample of brain tissue through ny nose. In the event it only went in a little way and wiggled a bit. Not uncomfortable at all...

As i understand it if you have a vaccination certificate you only need to book a 2 day test. W hen you do this your are given an order number, which you piut into your UK locator form. I guess for that reason you have to use an accredited supplier, otherwise you could just make a number up. I also assume that somewhere in the back office your test number declared on the locator form is matched to the returned test.

Do not, I repeat DO NOT use expert-medical. Bunch of useless **** who screwed up my order. Website doesn't work, they only pricessed 1 order inspit of taking payment for 2. 4 hours hanging on the phone to sort it out. Gave up and ordered 2 more tests from another supplier. Then today out of the blue i received notification that the second test is being delivered 4 days after we arrive. Useful eh?

Top tip though order your tests at least a couple of weeks before you travel...
Regards

Bob

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:10 pm

Good post, Bob. The last sentence is dead right.

Johnandali
Tourist

Postby Johnandali » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:39 pm

Good response……liked your optimism about matching locator form test purchase number to test result automatically.

My experience relates to two recent trips to Scotland when there was only 1 supplier of tests….The NHS at a nicely inflated charge.

When I received my test kit I had to call to register my test reference number, they sent it to me surely they could have recorded that at the point of shipping - could not register number on line because it would not allow me to enter a Spanish address as my home address - that process took 45 mins….oh and they expected me to call when I received the test result to close off because one government run database will not talk to another one……brilliant IT design.

Sorry I have better things to do….so 4 tests that I ordered are still open with no result and no one has bothered to follow up.

I was negative….

The whole process has become a complete farce. I believe this will become a travel tax and is here to stay like to 100ml rule that has been in place since 2006…..

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:02 pm

you only have to have a test ordered in order to put the number on your form before you travel. If it never arrives or they never send you the results or it never gets to them then thats their problem!

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:28 pm

Thanks for all the responses. I am really writing about the UK test for my OH who is vaccinated so would only need the day 2 one for the UK. In fact my FIL is still very uneasy about my OH going over to see him. I think there's still an element of project fear over there, and whilst we are happy to travel and carry on much as before, I can see that my FIL would be worried that my OH would somehow be more contagious than those he encounters in Tescos! We keep hoping that travel may become easier but like johnandali, I can't see this going away any time soon unfortunately.