Any good ways to meet people?

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
caticenix
Tourist

Any good ways to meet people?

Postby caticenix » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:28 pm

Hi all,

I moved here (Málaga area) with my other half about two years ago. He works for a company here so has made some work friends. However my company is based in the UK so since we moved I've not met anyone (Covid hasn't helped of course!). My other half is great company of course but it's good to have friends too. I was wondering if anyone could recommend any social clubs or things to do in the Málaga area? I'm learning Spanish but I'm not fluent yet, so something with a large expat group would definitely help my confidence. Sorry if it's a little vague, but I'm open to lots of different kinds of activities! I guess I just don't really know where to start with meeting people in a totally new country!

dxf
Resident

Re: Any good ways to meet people?

Postby dxf » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:38 pm

Hola

The "Sur in English" newspaper used to carry a whole page of clubs I've not seen it since the pandemic started but it is given out free in some newsagents

Davexf

caticenix
Tourist

Postby caticenix » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:09 pm

Thank you! I will certainly check it out next time I am out shopping!

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:42 am

The 'malaga area' is huge, where abouts are you and how.far do you want to travel? What are your interests? We could go round in circles recommending cycling groups or classic car meetings.. useless if you don't drive or don't like biking etc?
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:03 pm

Whereabouts are you .... people may be able to suggest activities near to you when we know what area you are in. As SL said, it depends on your interests of course as well! Some activities have stopped due to Covid and not restarted but I am aware that some history groups are restarting locally for example, but things have quietened down in the past 18 months. There's helping out at a charity as well if you have time and the interest. Lots of animal charities need dog walkers or assistants in the their shops.