Making payments from a Caja Rural account while back in the UK

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
manvsmoustache

Making payments from a Caja Rural account while back in the UK

Postby manvsmoustache » Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:55 pm

Hi, first time poster so apologies if there is a more specific category for the topic of banking, but I couldn’t find it!

My wife and I bought a property near Montefrio earlier this year and have setup a joint Caja Rural account at our local branch.

We are getting an error on the Caja Rural app and website when trying to make a transfer to another Spanish account. The payee’s details are correct, we go through relevant password/security checks and then just get a “transaction declined, speak to your branch” error message.

There are funds in the account, transfers into the account work ok and we have direct debits setup and working as well. I have even tried the same transaction via a Spanish VPN in case it’s something to do with trying to use the account from outside of Spain, but nothing seems to work.

I have emailed their support team twice with no response, tried calling their helpline but my Spanish isn’t good enough yet to hold a detailed conversation, so I’m wondering if anyone else has come across this problem with a new Caja Rural or other Spanish bank account .. is there likely to be some sort of lock on the account until we receive our debit cards and use them in a cash machine for example, could there be some other process to follow or form to fill out so that I can actually spend my own money?!

Open to any suggestions! Thanks!

M.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Making payments from a Caja Rural account while back in the UK

Postby elusive » Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:23 pm

Do they have a f.book page or twitter. Nowadays contacting companies that way seems to get a quicker response or a response at all compared to the "old fashioned way"

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:51 pm

Hi manvsmoustache,

Welcome to The Forum..................

Info regading Caja Rural Group............

Caja Rural Jaén.......... Works OK from UK no VPN required, Transfer to another Spanish Bank no problem from UK .

Guess your account blocking transfer in some way.

Guess you're with Caja Rural Granada.....Drop a request on their Facebook page..........had a Problem for 9 months with Sabadell went on their FB page and got it sorted in 2 days over week :!: :!:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

manvsmoustache

Postby manvsmoustache » Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:31 pm

Thank you both, I’ll give the social channels a go!