Where has Covid gone?

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
costakid
Andalucia Guru

Where has Covid gone?

Postby costakid » Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:04 pm

We had covid on every news channel in the world for almost 2 years, daily bulletins, expert after expert from all over the world telling us to wear masks, dont see dying family. Now that Russia has invaded Ukraine the virus has disappeared. Not mentioned as if it never happened. Did they play us? Yes they did.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Re: Where has Covid gone?

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:08 pm

I was just having this same conversation with friends this morning...

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:31 pm

There is an electronic notice board outside my place of work. I think it displays the figure of how many people in 100.000 during the current 14 day period and not the actual amount of people. At the height around the middle of January is was displaying 7,500 but yesterday it had gone down to below 500. .
Things seem to be getting back to normal. Last Friday was the first time I met up with friends as per pre-Covid. We usually stay out well into the night and go to a small disco type place for the last drinks. Although a few were wearing masks, most were weren't and it was quite surprised how busy it was.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:02 pm

Another thought, if no 4th jab for anyone who isn’t vulnerable most people will be out of 270 days from last jab later this year. What will happen then because at the moment anyone who is over 270 days from 2nd dose is classed as non vaccinated in the eyes of the Spanish and some other EU countries and not allowed to travel. As that will most of us later this year I guess we will all be back to good ol days and no checks.

gavilan
Andalucia Guru

Postby gavilan » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:41 pm

where has covid gone? ... seems it's alive and well in Velez-Malaga .. senior school there closed since beginning of term in early January ... my gardener/handyman has to bring his 14 yr old son with him when comes to work here ... and has been doing that for the last 6 weeks!

gavilan
Andalucia Guru

Postby gavilan » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:44 pm

friend saya also ... go to 'our world in data' and look for covid info Denmark, Sweden etc!

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:11 pm

Strange, schools here have been open since September 2020. in January I had quite a few who were joining classes online but last week there was only one and this week another. Online learning has been taken up by some of my students so now we don't do face to face. Online learning has also opened new doors for me. A major benefit has been where some have left to study at university in other cities. It has meant they can continue with me.

gavilan
Andalucia Guru

Postby gavilan » Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:18 pm

strange too that, as far as I have seen, no reports in local papers re that school closure ... yet Rafa and his friends would be in school if it were open ...

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:27 pm

gavilan wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:41 pm where has covid gone? ... seems it's alive and well in Velez-Malaga .. senior school there closed since beginning of term in early January ... my gardener/handyman has to bring his 14 yr old son with him when comes to work here ... and has been doing that for the last 6 weeks!
So the kids school has been closed for 6 weeks? That seems very odd with this mild cold version. Perhaps the kid is skiving off and telling his Dad a porky.

gavilan
Andalucia Guru

Postby gavilan » Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:10 pm

and all his friends too?!

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:51 pm

Still lots of people wearing masks in our village and everyone who has visited the museum have been wearing them, however I've told them that they can remove them if they wish, and most have.

Can't wait to get back to normal, whatever that is ?

I really find it difficult talking to someone wearing a mask , no wonder Zorro used to have problems with Tonto... :D

Saludos,
Gordon

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:11 pm

BENIDORM wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:51 pm Still lots of people wearing masks in our village and everyone who has visited the museum have been wearing them, however I've told them that they can remove them if they wish, and most have.

Can't wait to get back to normal, whatever that is ?

I really find it difficult talking to someone wearing a mask , no wonder Zorro used to have problems with Tonto... :D

Saludos,
Gordon
its all done and dusted in the UK. Even Sadiq Khan has said you dont have to wear on transport for London routes.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:15 pm

I have seen the school buses here as per usual each day I've been out, and it's been busy with the parents collecting children around the schools in Torrox and Nerja. For some reason we always seem to mis-time going out and get caught in the school rush. It's semana blanca here this week so the schools are off, and they are all in El Ingenio as well by the looks of it this afternoon (timed that wrongly too .... what a din!)

I am thinking that I may be able to go to the UK for the first time in 3 years so hope things like the PLF will be dropped. Not sure why they are needed now as the bulk of visitors will be vaccinated and not be required to do any tests, so why do they need all your private information of where you're staying etc. You don't need to isolate if you've got Covid so I can't see the point.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:31 pm

Wicksey wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:15 pm I have seen the school buses here as per usual each day I've been out, and it's been busy with the parents collecting children around the schools in Torrox and Nerja. For some reason we always seem to mis-time going out and get caught in the school rush. It's semana blanca here this week so the schools are off, and they are all in El Ingenio as well by the looks of it this afternoon (timed that wrongly too .... what a din!)

I am thinking that I may be able to go to the UK for the first time in 3 years so hope things like the PLF will be dropped. Not sure why they are needed now as the bulk of visitors will be vaccinated and not be required to do any tests, so why do they need all your private information of where you're staying etc. You don't need to isolate if you've got Covid so I can't see the point.
I think PLF are the next thing to go because they have already been simplified in the last few weeks from the original.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:30 am

Never seen any figures for more than a week in uk. Not that I really looked at them anyway.