Royalty

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
Manchesteral
Resident

Royalty

Postby Manchesteral » Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:52 pm

King Charles made a great speech today, I believe he will do a good job, long live the king !

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Re: Royalty

Postby Pamela1 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:20 am

Yes i watched it and i agree he did a great speech, very heart warming...I too think he will do a good job, he will make a fine king.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:30 am

Not much repentance from him over serial adultery. I guess people have short memories.

I am sure that he will do a serviceable job. The Queen will be a very hard act to follow

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:12 pm

He may not last long. Doesn't look a healthy man. Adultery goes with the job, remember Phillip.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:49 pm

Why do people feel the need to make such nasty comments? Would they stand up and proclaim them in public, or only hide behind aliases?
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:30 pm

The media is the worst, on the one hand they are full of admiration for the Queen offering their condolences bla bla...then with the other hand they stir the pot with reports about Andrew, Harry and Meghan, just for once can they not concentrate on the mourning process and show the Queen the respect she deserves. The Queen hasn't even been buried and from the first day of her death they were throwing out comments about her family, they are like snakes in a pit.They can pull them all to pieces afterwards if that is their intention but for once let it rest until the funeral is over..That is what any family would want no matter who they were.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:58 pm

Think as this article says it’s all OTTP
https://order-order.com/2022/09/09/paus ... s-passing/

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:27 pm

Katy, the loss of the Queen is very sad but i have heard many comments from people complaining about life being kept on hold.. Someone today said why has the football been cancelled? They thought the National Anthem would have been befitting before the match started and i tended to agree with them...What happened to the country being in a crisis others have said. People are still feeling anxious about the exact details of the energy subject which is now on hold...Interesting to see the many complaints about the BBC news presenter who said the energy crisis is irrelevant to the Queens death...so that's ok then! Many things have been effected but the one thing which did make me stop in my tracks was when my daughter told me that 80 operations have been cancelled due to the Queens death and the mourning process..can i add not cancelled by patients.That is only one hospital and not a large hospital at that...I thought we were in a NHS crisis! Totally bizarre..Never mind pausing weather forecasts, not sure the cancelling of hospital operations would have been what the Queen would have wanted either.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:49 pm

The Last Night of the Proms has been cancelled. A very British event which would have been very appropriate send off for the Queen. The Sh it show with Meghan Harry and the Wales was more like a light hearted publicity stunt. Everyone with cameras to record the moment.Not about the Queen at all.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:17 pm

katy wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:49 pm The Last Night of the Proms has been cancelled. A very British event which would have been very appropriate send off for the Queen. The Sh it show with Meghan Harry and the Wales was more like a light hearted publicity stunt. Everyone with cameras to record the moment.Not about the Queen at all.
I completely agree with you Katy, the last night of the proms epitomises the Spirit of the U K and this would have been a fine showcase for the aforementioned spirit, and also a great tribute to Her Majesty, My heart always lifts just a little bit when I hear Nimrod or Jerusalem, unfortunately we all know that the B B C is no longer controlled by people who understand integrity !

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:36 pm

I fear the cancellations have to be made, as the amount of security and police presence needed leaves precious few carrying out normal duties.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:01 pm

Love Nimrod. Very moving.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:55 am

A comment board on another site is headed “ Do not post anything with an extreme POLITICAL/ RELIGIOUS/RACIST content or any other matter that could be considered by others to be against common decency.
Will it read as you intend when seen by others?
Have you missed out a crucial word?
If you add a 'smiley' - will your message be better received?
Always read your posting before sending.

And finally, is it really necessary to say it at all?”

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:32 pm

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:12 am

Quite a number of comments today in The Times about the non scheduled bank holiday and NHS cancelled appointments ,including cancer patients treatment. One NHS consultant said his theatre schedule is booked for months ahead and he doesn't know where he will be able to slot in his cancelled patients.He called it total madness...Another person said because schools are closing this has a knock on effect with child care for staff,yes i can see the problems this creates...another said, Why couldn't children have watched the funeral in their schools with their teachers, good point!..I think the most sensible comment was why couldn't they have had the funeral on the Sunday and minimised many problems in the work force and the hospitals...Another comment..The Queen wouldn't have wanted this...Everyone will have their own opinion about this and some may think it is all worth it for the Queen but personally i wouldn't like to think i or one of my own family members had their cancer treatment cancelled...Unfortunately this adds to the stress of many who are ill and in pain and adds further complication to the backlog the NHS already has.

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:53 pm

still,

There is always Katy's mate Prince Andrew !

anyroads

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:15 pm

Bit of a witch hunt kicking off/ My Gardener due to start big cut Tomorrow. He said how do you feel about it I said I'm fine/ He has backed down today. Not surprised as he has a business to run and reading local forums its all kicking off. Shops like Xmas today, crazy. Pubs shut. I'm not anti Monarchist, better than the likes of Starmer or Boris swanning around as Presidents but it's the whole money making clan. Think the country has gone a bit crazy. Probably be longer queues at A&E than the lying in state. Feels as if there has been several funerals this week.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:57 pm

Pubs not closed here, they need the income, the future isn't looking rosy and it's going to be a long winter so yes, they are cashing in while they can..

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:31 pm

Wow,

I am shattered from watching BBC1, and I did not have to do any marching.

The UK does pomp and ceremony like no one else.

anyroads

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:14 am