Resolutions.

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Resolutions.

Postby BENIDORM » Fri Jan 06, 2023 5:43 pm

OK, how many of you still make New Year Resolutions. ?

And how many of you have already broken them ?

Well I've already broken 2 of mine, no cream cakes I vowed, but I've already devoured 2 very large cream cakes, and I also promised myself that I would cut down on my red wine intake, failed again, last night I drank double my usual pre resolution daily ration. :oops:

Oh well, back to the drawing board.
Saludos and Happy New Year All,
Gordon..hic

olive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Resolutions.

Postby olive » Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:39 pm

Cream cakes?!

Presumably homemade? If not pray tell where you get them. Casa Solo perhaps?

Didn’t-bother with resolutions this year. Having had a strict diet for a year and lost precisely 3kg despite cutting out ‘ everything’ , I am a bit depressed.

I have resolved to travel even more this year. Got so many places just on the Iberian Peninsular to see. Of course therein lies a problem. Cant go away without staying somewhere with a breakfast to get you on your feet……

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:55 pm

Hit the gym.

anyroads

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:58 pm

Olive,
The cakes were gifts from friends in Malaga City, I don't know which shop supplied them, I think that they only make them to order..
Really I'm glad that they aren't too easy to obtain, otherwise I would put back on all of the weight that's taken me ages to lose..
I've decided to wade my way through all of the goodies that arrived over Christmas then I will stop buying any cakes , biscuits and sweets. :(
We even won a big box of mantecada cakes for decorating the outside of the house for Christmas, the theme was to use as much recycled items, I made giant coloured icicles out of Danacol plastic bottles, over 150 all painted ....by me .. :shock:
Our village was really colourful this year, so many houses decorated, it really felt like Christmas and the town hall made a great effort this year with street lights, good for a small town.
Some of my little ' students ' decorated the museum, they did an excellent job, lots of imagination for little'uns.
Right so when's the next fiesta ...???
Saludos,
Gordon.

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:02 pm

Anyroads,
I've not been near a gym since I was in the Navy. ( mid last century .blimey )

Last year I passed by our local gym and the door was open, made me feel quite nauseous. :D

Saludos,
Gordon

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:12 pm

BENIDORM wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:02 pm Anyroads,
I've not been near a gym since I was in the Navy. ( mid last century .blimey )

Last year I passed by our local gym and the door was open, made me feel quite nauseous. :D

Saludos,
Gordon
I still go to the gym 4 times a week but have never been on a diet ever. In my 60s and can still run 5k and bike 35k. Eat and drink whatever i want.

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:59 pm

Costakid,
Good to hear that you're keeping fit.
I suppose that it really depends on your selfstyle with regard to fitness regimes, if you are sitting at a desk etc., then yes I can see the value of making regular visits to the gym.
For me ,well I'm on the 'go' most of the day, I arise about 6.30 everyday and have a fairly busy schedule,although I still manage to do a 3km walk each day, but I walk -don't run. :D
Although I'm long retired ( 77 next month ), I intend to keep going with my 'work' as long as I can, it does keep me reasonably physically fit, and importantly mentally alert, and I really enjoy the interaction with visitors to the museum and with my many 'students' who attend my English conversation and little craft groups.
I really wouldn't enjoy visiting a gym as I had more than my fair share of physical training when I was in the Navy, I was a 'Ganges ' boy at age 15, one year of non-stop gruelling physical activities from climbing the rigging of a 142 foot mast to hours of drilling as the 'Queens Guard ' and just about every sport that you could mention. :shock:
It was enough to put me off for life, however another 'Ganges' boy ,Duncan Bannatyne (also Dragons Den ), made a fortune from running gyms.

So do what you feel comfortable with is my best advice and everyone needs a hobby !!
Saludos,
Gordon