Very Quiet

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
costakid
Andalucia Guru

Very Quiet

Postby costakid » Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:00 am

The forum seems very quiet at the moment. Traffic usually drops off during the summer but never seen it this quiet in winter months.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Re: Very Quiet

Postby gerryh » Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:15 am

The weather has turned cold so we are all hibernating. :lol:
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:36 am

Maybe waiting for Kraken to Kick Off.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:38 am

Most people we used to know have either gone back to the UK or died.

gavilan
Andalucia Guru

Postby gavilan » Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:21 pm

I think it's quiet cos we have gerryh as moderator ... and we are nervous of him!

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:09 pm

Yes, very quiet down all of the streets and alleyways in downtown A.Com city , even more tumbleweed than normal.

Lot's of people reading but hardly any writing new posts, however some old posts like my ancient TSMS Lakonia have attracted over 5000 hits recently, blimey, I wonder why. ?

Saludos,
Gordon.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:31 pm

Wicksey wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:38 am Most people we used to know have either gone back to the UK or died.
I lost three good mates last year. No fun in getting old.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:32 pm

gavilan wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:21 pm I think it's quiet cos we have gerryh as moderator ... and we are nervous of him!
We should set up a bet on who he bans first. A troll hopefully LOL

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:52 pm

I think that because A.com has been operating this forum for so long, coupled with less new folk joining that everyone has all the answers! Compare it to one up my way - Costa Cálida - where it is like a few years ago on here, with plenty people not knowing much and there is a lot of activity (or in the style of most “lit for aktitity”)
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:18 pm

Perhaps the fact it is harder to move here has reduced new people. Many questions are about moving to Spain, buying, where and how to get stuff when you first come here. I wouldn't be able to obtain residencia here now on our income.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:41 pm

Perhaps Wicksey has a good point.
When i first joined the forum there were many more members posting,as the years have gone by it now seems to be down to the same people who are posting with the exception of the odd person popping up for a little while,never to be seen again for a few more months.
As much as this forum is about sharing information and discussing certain topics related to Andalucia i think those who are still here are also here because it has become part of their social group, if i'm wrong then tell me. :lol: I know it is a useful place to visit when people need somewhere to turn to, to help solve a problem or even just to ask a question, the members here have a wealth of knowledge.
I guess we could liven things with some imagination. :wink: There are any number of topics which people could discuss if they wished to, i guess it all depends on interest.

Cost of living in Andalucia at this moment in time, electric costs, gas prices, groceries, the list is endless...but it makes a subject and a talking point.
What about face to face doctors appointments? how is that going nowadays?
Has anyone started planning their hols this year? What are your plans? Or have you been anywhere recently? How did you find accommodation costs..This is an endless topic also.
Did everyone repaint their properties after last years calima or is it a project for this year.What paint would you recommend? Where do you buy it?
These are just examples...everyone has different interests and not all topics draw attention but i'm sure if people felt inclined we could inject some life into the forum, even though there doesn't seem to be many of us who do still post.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:07 pm

What about downsizing and moving to somewhere more manageable especially for those living in the campo? Or are folk in their forever homes?

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:36 pm

I wonder how many forum members are Belgian, Dutch and German, for example? All of the recent property sales in my area are to people of those nationalities, none English. Of course, all those people are literate in English and the information they might be seeking would be similar.

PS I had no idea Gerry was the new moderator. Congratulations, Gerry (I think).

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:44 pm

You must have missed the post Lavanda, Gerry has been a moderator since the start of the year.
No idea how many forum.members are of different nationalities, although i imagine there will be some.Perhaps they are amongst those who visit for a read..As far as i can tell the people who post are mostly brits, they are the ones who keep it going.
I think people are mostly on facebook nowadays, there must be hundreds of groups in all languages where they congregate to exchange info.It's not for me, i like it here. :D

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:52 pm

Lavanda wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:36 pm PS I had no idea Gerry was the new moderator. Congratulations, Gerry (I think).
Yes I am a moderator and I am keeping an eye on your postings, so be careful with what you post.. :angel: :P :lol:
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

dxf
Resident

Postby dxf » Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:30 pm

Hola,

I am sorry to say you will be losing me sometime in the not too distant future. I have sold my house in the campo and will move to a retirement home in Beckenham whenever the solicitors can get their act together (now three months and counting).

I don't forecast many people getting a visa to live here now the UK has left the EU but I do think that the holiday home numbers will hold up in the short term.

Davexf

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:56 pm

Good luck with the sale and the move.

Don’t be a stranger post move. You have always been a font of knowledge on cars for example. Do continue to post now and then.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:23 am

Best of luck to you, i hope you stay on as a member and pop onto the forum now and again.Your posts have been sound and very useful. :D

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:40 am

Good luck, Davexf. Some people who no longer live in Andalucia still post, me included, as we, occasionally have something to offer. Don't be a stranger.

PS Yes, I did read yesterday that Gerry is the new moderator but had already posted that I had no idea.

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:06 pm

Good luck Dave - hope you get settled nucely into your new residence :-)
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)