Airbnb ?

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
olive
Andalucia Guru

Airbnb ?

Postby olive » Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:04 pm

I have just been looking at accommodation for our Iberian travels.

What is noticeable is that there seems to be lots more apartments available this year. Airbnb effect? Ie more short term rentals as opposed to longer rentals for locals. A growing bad trend?

Anyone else noticed this?

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Airbnb ?

Postby costakid » Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:51 am

Malaga city has turned 100s of offices into air BNB and a friend of mine in the city has dozens in his apartment block. They cause chaos all day and night.

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:24 pm

Hopefully that may take the price of hotels down a bit in Malaga. We are hoping to spend a few days there in mid May. Have never been a fan of Airbnb.

anyroads

Katy Again
Tourist

Postby Katy Again » Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:50 pm

Hotel prices seem high on booking.com for Nay. A nice but not exceptional hotel outskirts of Marbella charging £1700 for a week room only. Also notice a lot mention masks in public areas? Is it that they haven’t updated their websites?

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:14 pm

Yes,

Thought the prices were a bit high for May. Way of the World I suppose.

anyroads

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:41 pm

We have noticed some hotels have raised their prices. Not surprising given electric and food have gone up.

One we used last year is exactly the same price. Maybe demand plays a part like airline seat pricing.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:44 pm

Spanish tv was saying Spain hotels full over Easter, maybe they were but it's quiet now! Prices still higher though.Many people i know have abandoned a holiday abroad this year and also a hol in the Uk.Not surprised, cost of living and inflated cost of holidays is a lot to take on..

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sun Apr 16, 2023 7:58 pm

Pamela1 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:44 pm Spanish tv was saying Spain hotels full over Easter, maybe they were but it's quiet now! Prices still higher though.Many people i know have abandoned a holiday abroad this year and also a hol in the Uk.Not surprised, cost of living and inflated cost of holidays is a lot to take on..
Malaga city was booming yesterday. Every restaurant was full lunchtime. The port was also very busy early evening.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:13 pm

I wasn't in the area yesterday costakid however we drove early hrs this morning to the airport...Flight was at 6.50am and it was the same as last year with a mile long queue at passport control. There were only 4 border guards stamping passports,people were running frantically to their boarding gates, i suspect some people may have missed their flights.I over heard a Ryanair flight attendant pass a remark about it being ridiculous, i tend to agree..Malaga airport need to get this sorted, seemed to be plenty of border guards in arrivals but for some reason it feels like they have a big problem with people leaving. :lol:

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:46 am

Pamela1 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:13 pm I wasn't in the area yesterday costakid however we drove early hrs this morning to the airport...Flight was at 6.50am and it was the same as last year with a mile long queue at passport control. There were only 4 border guards stamping passports,people were running frantically to their boarding gates, i suspect some people may have missed their flights.I over heard a Ryanair flight attendant pass a remark about it being ridiculous, i tend to agree..Malaga airport need to get this sorted, seemed to be plenty of border guards in arrivals but for some reason it feels like they have a big problem with people leaving. :lol:
A friend was on an 11am flight saturday and from case drop to clearing passport control took 2hrs 30 minutes. She is super efficient and always leaves 3 hours but she said it was chaos at the airport and loads of people were missing flights.

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:15 pm

Have not been to Malaga for a while.

What is worth seeing for a few days there mid/ late May ?

anyroads

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Thu May 04, 2023 7:27 pm

Anyone out there re Malaga ?

anyroads

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri May 05, 2023 8:00 am

Hi, What would you like to know. I can help you if i know roughly your interests. PM if easier.

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Fri May 05, 2023 10:50 am

Anything really,

What is worth seeing. Hop on hop off bus ?

anyroads

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri May 05, 2023 11:00 am

The bus is ok if you want to see the city without having to walk it. The boat trips from the port are worth while. If you like a drink there are some great roof terrace bars all around the centre all with different views. I have a few favs as some are very expensive but over the years We have visited everyone.If you into museums there are around 30 now in Malaga city and surrounding areas. Visit the port area as it’s really buzzing down there. East of Malaga city you have Banos del Carmen which is very unique and just past that Pedregalejo area with excellent restaurants at sensible money. Not sure if you like walking but both of those are a 20 minute walk along the sea front from the centre.

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Fri May 05, 2023 8:11 pm

Thanks costakid,

Yes we are walking and like museums. Will take all this on board. Thanks again.

anyroads

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Fri May 05, 2023 11:38 pm

Costa, some great tips there.

We only know of one hotel near the port with a rooftop bar. CH ? maybe but you are right. Great experience and worth paying a bit extra for the drinks.

We use the Icon Malabar hotel. One of the very few hotels we actually return to. Comfy bed ad quiet rooms. Very handy for the harbour area.